03-29-11 03:06 PM
906 ... 678910 ...
tools
    saaay whhaaatt ???

I still get options! :-D
    12-17-09 01:02 AM
    I just checked my Wife's BB Curve 8830 on VZ she still has the options for Google, Wiki, and Dictionary.com

I typed Google on my iPhone and it said Verizon may have a little better coverage, but at Least AT&T gives you a choice.
    12-17-09 01:03 AM
    I loaded the leaked OS and have the latest BBM and still have all my options...I feel like for once I didn't get screwed. Hopefully it will stay this way!
    12-17-09 01:05 AM
    I still have all my normal options. Google, Wiki, live search and Dictionary.com
    Hmmm Just a thought. Does this go under the changing of our contract so I have so many days to void my contract with Big red? I love my storm2 but I could very easily go get a Bold 2 right now.
    Alright, let's all just take a moment and pull up our panties here. First of all, "principles" aside, is it really that much harder to set up a Google bookmark and search that way? Seriously, folks let's get a grip here.

Secondly, it's not like Verizon and RIM are denying us the right to use Google or any other search engine, they're just making us work to do it. To be perfectly honest, I hardly even noticed the search engine box before this, much less used it on a regular basis. When I search I normally use Google, as I find it the most thorough, but the inclusion or exclusion of this search engine is hardly a reason to leave the Blackberry platform.

Seriously... Selling your S2? Seriously... (dripping with sarcasm) Seriously... You're kidding right? Create a bookmark and search to your hearts content, there are really more important things out there that you could be getting your undies in a knot over, aren't there?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-17-09 01:06 AM
    I just did a battery pull and it came back up with Bing only. Not very happy right now.
    12-17-09 01:07 AM
    I got bing raped as well. Had my home page set to google anyway and thats how ive always searched so its not really that big a deal. Still it sucks how they can do what they please with service and phones we have to shell out top dollar for.

Wonder how verizon will sell us out next.
    12-17-09 01:07 AM
    Shot VZW an email:

I have lost the option to search Google from my BlackBerry Start Page. The only option I have is Bing, which is an EXTREMELY sub-par search engine. I would like the option to search Google from my Start Page back. I have heard that this error has affected thousands of Blackberry users and that other Blackberry service providers like AT&T still have the option to search using Google. I am expecting resolution to my problem soon, or else I would expect a permanent discount on the service I pay for, since I am receiving substandard search results. Thank you in advance for listening to your customers.
    12-17-09 01:09 AM
    I got bing raped as well.
    LMAO. I say we try to make "Bing-Raped by Verizon" a trend on Twitter. That would be publicity that I'm sure Microsoft and Verizon would enjoy!
    12-17-09 01:11 AM
    To the person considering the droid on 1 year price, out of curiosity what is the 1yr upgrade price (if you have the 1 year upgrade option).

Back on topic. It seems rather obvious VZW is full of **** when giving excuses like they dont know the problem or google isnt allowing searches not on androids. They didnt push the bing icon to our phones for nothing, they obviously have a deal with Microsoft to change the BB search options, which is not ok. If the phone came like thiis in the first place i would not have accepted it and gotten a different phone. It is one thing to change phones for future releases or offer upgrades we can choose at our discretion, but it is another to force us to change options that the consumer sees as good things.
    12-17-09 01:12 AM
    Alright, let's all just take a moment and pull up our panties here. First of all, "principles" aside, is it really that much harder to set up a Google bookmark and search that way? Seriously, folks let's get a grip here.

Secondly, it's not like Verizon and RIM are denying us the right to use Google or any other search engine, they're just making us work to do it. To be perfectly honest, I hardly even noticed the search engine box before this, much less used it on a regular basis. When I search I normally use Google, as I find it the most thorough, but the inclusion or exclusion of this search engine is hardly a reason to leave the Blackberry platform.

Seriously... Selling your S2? Seriously... (dripping with sarcasm) Seriously... You're kidding right? Create a bookmark and search to your hearts content, there are really more important things out there that you could be getting your undies in a knot over, aren't there?

Your right, there are way more important things to worry about. But if we let this slide then it will be some thing else. and then another and another thing that verizon does to our options. I like options and intend to keep them.
    12-17-09 01:17 AM
    I have the Tour with Verizon.. and I can select Google, Live Search, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com, not sure why i'm not included. Maybe tours aren't affected I don't feel like reading 17 pages of posts on an issue that doesnt affect me
    12-17-09 01:17 AM
    LMAO. I say we try to make "Bing-Raped by Verizon" a trend on Twitter. That would be publicity that I'm sure Microsoft and Verizon would enjoy!
    I'm in!
    12-17-09 01:21 AM
    This is not about the fact that yes we can all set our homepage to Google, at least for know unless VZW figures out a way to prevent that.

This is about VZW taking away our right of choice.

For those of you that like bing, great more power to you. But that is your CHOICE to use it, where is my choice to have any search provider other then bing as my default provider, without having to connect to that provider's web page first.
    12-17-09 01:21 AM
    Hmmm Just a thought. Does this go under the changing of our contract so I have so many days to void my contract with Big red? I love my storm2 but I could very easily go get a Bold 2 right now.
    I was thinking that about the contract last night when this happened. Seriously? I realize that I can set my home page to google. That's not the point. They have just changed a critical part of the phone for some people. I wouldn't care a thing in the world about it if they had wanted to make Bing the default search provider. Just leave the other choices there for us to make.
    12-17-09 01:23 AM
    Alright, let's all just take a moment and pull up our panties here.<snip>
    lolol
    12-17-09 01:24 AM
    huh this is weird, i still have all my options. No bing.
    12-17-09 01:24 AM
    Im honestly thinking about calling up verizon tomorrow and attempting this to see where I get. Im off from college so I have the time and when I get a chance I might as well see where I can get. Worst case scenario I get no where, best case they offer me a different phone and I get to go check out other options.
    12-17-09 01:28 AM
    This is not about the fact that yes we can all set our homepage to Google, at least for know unless VZW figures out a way to prevent that.

This is about VZW taking away our right of choice.

For those of you that like bing, great more power to you. But that is your CHOICE to use it, where is my choice to have any search provider other then bing as my default provider, without having to connect to that provider's web page first.
    First let me say one thing, I have all the original options, (Google and all that). Next thing is that if they did change my search engine to Bing I would be angry.

With that said, Verizon doesn't have to give us any specific search engine. Its their option. If they chose to you use Bing that is their option, then we are forced to be resourceful and set the default page to Google. Or you can go use opera.
    12-17-09 01:40 AM
    Back on topic. It seems rather obvious VZW is full of **** when giving excuses like they dont know the problem or google isnt allowing searches not on androids. They didnt push the bing icon to our phones for nothing, they obviously have a deal with Microsoft to change the BB search options, which is not ok. If the phone came like thiis in the first place i would not have accepted it and gotten a different phone. It is one thing to change phones for future releases or offer upgrades we can choose at our discretion, but it is another to force us to change options that the consumer sees as good things.
    That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say.
    12-17-09 01:40 AM
    That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say.
    Go ahead and call Verizon, you're not gonna get anything out of it. Everyone in here is acting like a child. Would you serioulsy not get a phone because it had bing? Or would you download another app that would let you do what you want? Like I said before it sucks that they did that, and when my search option changes I will be pissed but I am not gonna call verizon and expect them to switch me to another phone or something of that nature.
    12-17-09 01:44 AM

While I do agree with you about selling his phone and all that being a little drastic, He does have a very valid point and I firmly agree with the fact that Verizon really has NO RIGHT to invade my phone and take away MY CHOICE to set the default search provider to whomever I would like for it to be.

I also realize that I can take the necessary precautions and avoid using Bing but why should we have to go out of our way to avoid using that garbage. It is convenient to use the search box without opening your bookmarks and searching for the link to the search engine of my choice and then wait for the page to load before I even begin the actual search.

I think we need to stand up for our rights as CrackBerry users and let Verizon know that we won't go away silently and let them tuck all that money from microsoft into their pockets and shaft all of us while they smile all the way to the bank.

Even Internet Explorer allows you to choose to use Google as your default search engine if you want to for crying out loud!!!
    12-17-09 01:46 AM
    Great News!!! My TMO 9700 and Sprint 9630 are just fine! Sadly this is definitely a Verizon issue... one of hundreds of issues I have found with Verizon... but I can find just as many with every other company. Sprint... has millions of issues. Back on topic, this sounds just like something Verizon would do. I'll never go back to Verizon... not even if they paid my bills for me. I can say that T-mobile constantly forces service books of apps onto my device, I gave up on deleting the service books, because they just re-appear in a few days, so I just hide the app icons.
    12-17-09 01:48 AM
    As of this afternoon I had google as a choice. However, when I just checked I discovered the Bing is now my only choice. I am very disappointed in Verizon
    12-17-09 01:50 AM
906 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD