03-29-11 02:06 PM
906 ... 353637
tools
    09-07-10 11:46 PM
    Having VZW pull Google from my phone and replace it with Bing's 2 worthless search results infuriates me.

To get around this, I created www . MeStart.Mobi, a web site that acts as a replacement BlackBerry Browser home screen. It replaces all the functionality of the orignal home screen, in web page format. It will save your recent URLs, bookmarks and you can customize which search engines you (not your carrier) find useful. It even includes the ability to search Weather.com, Twitter and other non-search-engine sites.

I hope the CrackBerry community finds it as useful as I do. I'm actively updating / improving so please feel free to contact me w/ comments / suggestions / bugs.
    10-01-10 04:42 PM
    Will installing OS6 from Sprint on my VZW 9650 bring the google search functionality back to my browser or will the VZW service books just restrict the browser back to Bing? Thanks
    01-16-11 01:17 PM
    Adam, and other folks that are fairly new to BB or others who do not know....

Google has a search app that you can install. not sure about that specific method. however, I have Quicklaunch on my phone and one of the built in apps is web search...where you can set any provider as your default.

So, for me, if I want to Google something, here are my (quick) keypresses:

- Space bar (to bring up my quicklaunch menu)
    - G (the key I set for websearch)
    - I then just enter my search terms in the dialog box and hit enter.

This is real easy.......
    01-18-11 09:18 AM
    i'm having this same problem. My youtube is gone from the home screen also, which is weird... isn't youtube powered by google?
    03-17-11 11:22 PM
    Adam, and other folks that are fairly new to BB or others who do not know....

Google has a search app that you can install. not sure about that specific method. however, I have Quicklaunch on my phone and one of the built in apps is web search...where you can set any provider as your default.

So, for me, if I want to Google something, here are my (quick) keypresses:

- Space bar (to bring up my quicklaunch menu)
    - G (the key I set for websearch)
    - I then just enter my search terms in the dialog box and hit enter.

This is real easy.......
    The Google app I have also lets you do voice searching. I've never tried that part, but I avoid any and all things Bing at all costs. Damn you Vzw.
    03-29-11 02:06 PM
906 ... 353637
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD