03-29-11 02:06 PM
906 ... 34353637
tools
    Nice of VZW to screw the storm2 and curve2 users with the bing crap.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-31-10 05:39 PM
    When confronted with the Bing default search engine, I just type in Google. Then do my search through google.
    01-31-10 06:02 PM
    I now have the Bing option on my 8830, but nothing else has changed. All 4 search options are there, and Bing is not listed.
    02-01-10 01:57 PM
    I now have the Bing option on my 8830, but nothing else has changed. All 4 search options are there, and Bing is not listed.
    So you now have the BING virtual pre-load icon on your home screen, and your "search" box on the browser's GO TO screen still has the original four icons?

Yup, that is expected for the 8830.
    02-02-10 03:06 PM
    If you were to purchase an Android device, like the N1 coming out, I promise you that you will not have to deal with bing. And you just might find you're much happier with your device. Outside of push e-mail RIM is losing ground.
    JMO
    02-07-10 03:12 PM
    Never can figure out why RIM-haters bother to post here. It's crackberry.com, not NSA-powered android.com.
    02-07-10 03:21 PM
    Outside of push e-mail RIM is losing ground.
    I definitely agree with that
    02-08-10 08:01 AM
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredyta/
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytb/
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytc/
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytd/
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredyta/mapa html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytb/mapa html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytc/mapa html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytd/mapa html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredyta/kredyt-a-rozwod html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytb/kredyt-bank-lokaty-bankowe html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytc/kredyt-chwilowka html
    studencki-kredyt pl/kredytd/kredyt-dla-bezrobotnych-bez-bik html
    03-13-10 06:32 AM
    If you were to purchase an Android device, like the N1 coming out, I promise you that you will not have to deal with bing. And you just might find you're much happier with your device. Outside of push e-mail RIM is losing ground.
    JMO
    Moto is making deals with Yahoo for their android phones.... take the Backflip for example (on AT&T).

And moto using Bing in China.

So even Android isn't immune.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 03-13-10 at 07:50 AM.
    03-13-10 07:45 AM

And moto using Bing in China.
    This is due more to Google's unstable presence in China than to exclusivity deals.
    03-13-10 10:03 AM
    This is due more to Google's unstable presence in China than to exclusivity deals.
    Yeah, but... there is nothing stopping them using Bing elsewhere
    03-13-10 11:06 AM
    I can't believe I've just spent an hour of my life trying to figure a way to fix a problem that shouldn't have existed on a phone that is sippar to save me time. Ridiculous really, but thank you shao for saving the day. I wish op could edit his post to reflect the work around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 06:10 PM
    I am quite upset with Verizon. They have taken away my freedom to choose my own search engine and have chosen one for me. Out of the many search engines available, they have chosen BING, which happens to be my LEAST favorite! I tried removing it, but it comes back. I am not happy with adding a bookmark for google or changing my home page, so I am now browsing the 'net with Bolt browser (free). However, I have also filed a complaint with the FCC for "unlawful advertising" against Verizon. If there are others out there who feel the same way, go to esupport.fcc.gov/index.htm?job=home and click "complaints" on the left menu and follow the directions to fill out the form. Let's unite and show Verizon what we want out of their service!
    04-11-10 03:31 PM
    I am quite upset with Verizon. They have taken away my freedom to choose my own search engine and have chosen one for me. Out of the many search engines available, they have chosen BING, which happens to be my LEAST favorite! I tried removing it, but it comes back. I am not happy with adding a bookmark for google or changing my home page, so I am now browsing the 'net with Bolt browser (free). However, I have also filed a complaint with the FCC for "unlawful advertising" against Verizon. If there are others out there who feel the same way, go to esupport.fcc.gov/index.htm?job=home and click "complaints" on the left menu and follow the directions to fill out the form. Let's unite and show Verizon what we want out of their service!
    I just don't understand this. If you want out of verizon's service, leave them...that's your right as a consumer. Their right, as a business, it to run their company however they choose and partner up with whomever they choose. If anyone is severely unhappy with their decisions, they can leave and go to someone else, or start their own company. That's capitalism and this is America, where capitalism rules. I don't like Bing either, but it's not my choice to make. It is in all of our power to continue to use Google by setting our home page to it, or by using Bolt or Opera. That seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to me.

You're acting like a baby that's crying because someone took the blue pacifier out of your mouth, and replaced it with a yellow one. The ridiculous part of the fit you're pitching, is that they left the blue one sitting right beside you. It's there for you to use, if you'll stop crying for long enough to pick it up. Unfortunately, life can be hard, and this is one of those great, horrific tragedies that your going to have to learn to endure, or solve by going to another carrier.
    04-11-10 06:28 PM
    I just don't understand this. If you want out of verizon's service, leave them...that's your right as a consumer. Their right, as a business, it to run their company however they choose and partner up with whomever they choose. If anyone is severely unhappy with their decisions, they can leave and go to someone else, or start their own company. That's capitalism and this is America, where capitalism rules. I don't like Bing either, but it's not my choice to make. It is in all of our power to continue to use Google by setting our home page to it, or by using Bolt or Opera. That seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to me.

You're acting like a baby that's crying because someone took the blue pacifier out of your mouth, and replaced it with a yellow one. The ridiculous part of the fit you're pitching, is that they left the blue one sitting right beside you. It's there for you to use, if you'll stop crying for long enough to pick it up. Unfortunately, life can be hard, and this is one of those great, horrific tragedies that your going to have to learn to endure, or solve by going to another carrier.
    I've said this exact same thing before...
    And it has been months since Bing became the primary search engine for some BB's, nothings changed and nothing will be, except people's capacity to complain.
    04-11-10 06:35 PM
    Beating a dead horse.
    it is dead isn't it?
    04-11-10 06:37 PM
    Beating a dead horse.
    it is dead isn't it?
    It was dead. This is a zombie horse.
    04-11-10 06:52 PM
    Haha. If it's a problem just download Google. Problem solved.
    04-12-10 02:05 PM
    I dowloaded it but I received the message "There is not enough storage space on this phone. Please remove some files that are not on your SD Card and start Bing mobile again."
    How do I delete files that are not on my SD card?
    05-02-10 01:35 AM
    I really hate this too. On my previous BB, I could hit 'g' and be searching using google in no time. Now this bing problem is not only a nuisance but it's just wrong. I hate bing and putting it as an only option does not make people like it more - it makes the customers seriously irritated by it. If they were hoping to upset people - good job/mission accomplished.
    07-29-10 04:47 PM
    I really hate this too. On my previous BB, I could hit 'g' and be searching using google in no time. Now this bing problem is not only a nuisance but it's just wrong. I hate bing and putting it as an only option does not make people like it more - it makes the customers seriously irritated by it. If they were hoping to upset people - good job/mission accomplished.
    You got that right. As is being discussed in some other threads, QuickLaunch has a web-search option that you can pre-set to Google. Then there is another 3rd party app - SearchIt which can also be set to google. Google has its own launcher. And folks have set their home page in the Browser to Google or quickly added a bookmark. None of those fully appease me - I, too, hate the loss of choice.

And while I fear most folks are probably using Bing like most wound up using IE in Windows since that's what's there, maybe there will be sufficient NON-use to upset MS for paying to make it the only choice.

By the way, you can change the default from bing to either wiki or dictionary.com just not google. That might be the way to go so that you don't accidentally use bing and add to their counter!
    07-29-10 08:08 PM
    This thread was resting peace. Thanks for waking the dead.

07-29-10 08:20 PM
    I think you have that wrong - Verizon is attempting to resurrect the dead or the lame, bing, and people resent it.

The thread remains constantly timely since bing is still on the verizon phones.
    07-29-10 09:22 PM
    My storm 1 has all the other search engines. It's very unfortunate the vz is treating us like this. I'll just set my home screen to google.

09-06-10 06:06 PM
    Dead horse, prepare to be beat.
    09-07-10 07:33 PM
906 ... 34353637
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD