03-29-11 02:06 PM
906 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    I almost hate to say this, because I too think it was wrong on Verizon's part to do this, BUT (there is always a but) Bing ain't really that bad. I have started to use it and it's giving me results just as good as google. Functionality is good too being able to figure out what I want even when I mistype it or when I want to search images.
    12-28-09 03:05 PM
    Nope. This change is pushed out regardless of whether or not you disable browser push.
    12-28-09 03:06 PM
    I almost hate to say this, because I too think it was wrong on Verizon's part to do this, BUT (there is always a but) Bing ain't really that bad. I have started to use it and it's giving me results just as good as google. Functionality is good too being able to figure out what I want even when I mistype it or when I want to search images.
    Try looking up " How big is the sun " then compare it to google. Then you will see how much better google is. One step forward, two steps back.

Every time I build a new system, I would have to use internet explorer, to grab firefox. Of course at first use, it boots of the default home page "msn search" , which I used before and its terrible. Msn search is just Bing with a name change.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-29-09 at 09:05 AM.
    12-28-09 05:23 PM
    it is Verizon I had called them...........they want the bing
    12-28-09 08:33 PM
    Try looking up " How big is the sun " then compare it to google. Then you will see how much better google is. One step forward, two steps back.

Every time I build a new system, I would have to use internet explorer, to grab firefox. Of course at first use, it boots of the default home page "msn search" , which I use before and its terrible. Msn search is just Bing with a name change.
    You were correct, google provided better results.
    12-28-09 10:49 PM
    Maybe it's because I'm on BES as well as BIS but I haven't seen this on my phone yet. Think this would happen to Android? lol
    12-29-09 06:36 AM
    there are tons of horrible apps out there and this would be a great situation to create an app to add search engines to the storm 2, if it is possible. Now that is an app i would definitely pay for.
    12-29-09 08:15 AM
    there are tons of horrible apps out there and this would be a great situation to create an app to add search engines to the storm 2, if it is possible. Now that is an app i would definitely pay for.
    I believe your wish was all ready granted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...leased-389866/

Jascias
    12-29-09 08:56 AM
    I kind of like it but it is just another shortcut I have to add. It would be nice if that app could be integrated into the browser. But beggars cant be choosers. Thanks
    12-29-09 10:41 AM
    While Bing isn't listed as a search provider in my browser, I did randomly get a Bing icon on my menu screen and installed it for kicks..still didn't add Bing to the browser.
    12-31-09 12:26 PM
    Well for the first time in my BB career, I'm better off with the 8330. They always look to us last, worthless changes included.
    12-31-09 07:31 PM
    Well for the first time in my BB career, I'm better off with the 8330. They always look to us last, worthless changes included.
    Now there is a positive mental attitude. Enjoy your archaic blisss

Maybe they'll forget the problem-plagued Tour1, also.
    12-31-09 08:04 PM
    I noticed Bing on my crappy Storm I and everytime I would click on it nothing happened. I was thinking maybe it was an application I installed and what was the point of having it if it doesn't work. Made the fatal mistake deleting this useless application on my Storm and now I have NO Internet access at all thanks to Verizon's idiocy! To make matters worse, I am overseas on the International Data Plan that I cannot use! When I had a choice and it was Google for my search, the damned thing worked. Now its just sitting there doing nothing and had to resort to my netbook to get Internet access. Very aggravating!
    01-05-10 11:37 AM
    I know that we each have our own FAVORITE. The issue here is freedom of choice. I dont mind if Verizon pushes an icon on my Blackberry I can hide it. But to REMOVE a choice that I had when I bought the device is WRONG!
    01-05-10 12:55 PM
    I know that we each have our own FAVORITE. The issue here is freedom of choice. I dont mind if Verizon pushes an icon on my Blackberry I can hide it. But to REMOVE a choice that I had when I bought the device is WRONG! After hours on hold with Verizon listening to their message about customer satisfaction - I'm certainly not satisfied.
    01-05-10 12:59 PM
    I know that we each have our own FAVORITE. The issue here is freedom of choice. I dont mind if Verizon pushes an icon on my Blackberry I can hide it. But to REMOVE a choice that I had when I bought the device is WRONG!
    Can you delete this?

I know that we each have our own FAVORITE. The issue here is freedom of choice. I dont mind if Verizon pushes an icon on my Blackberry I can hide it. But to REMOVE a choice that I had when I bought the device is WRONG! After hours on hold with Verizon listening to their message about customer satisfaction - I'm certainly not satisfied.
    The edit button is right next to the multi quote button. No need to post again just to add another sentance
    01-05-10 01:03 PM
    Dont know if this was posted, but here is a good place to articulate your frustration.

Use Bing * Or Any Search Engine * From Your VZW Blackberry. - Verizon PolicyBlog
    01-05-10 01:41 PM
    My question at this point is has anyone gotten anywhere with Verizon's Corporate Executive Relations?

I had a guy named Tom call me from that office today asking i call them back about the bing problem. I really dont have time in my day to call them and get a run around from them. If they are offering a exchange of comparable phone ill talk to them.
    01-06-10 12:51 AM
    Ok twice Corp relations made good things happen for me. Give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 01:47 AM
    Other things have me occupied - have any complaints been lodged with the FTC or FCC on this mess?

I don't care about the bing icon which can be hidden.

I am much concerned with the eventual loss in the Browser.
    01-06-10 12:21 PM
    Verizon is at it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked email on my 8530 today, 12, I REPEAT, 12 NEW ICONS.\

I checked with all our Corporate 8530 users, same happened to every single user.

If VZW wants to **** with individual consumers that is one thing, but to mess with corporate phones, this is BS
    01-07-10 12:21 PM
    wow and I thought Verizon was the best at everything ----
    01-07-10 12:37 PM
    Wow this has me literally SEETHING with anger.

Yeah I changed my default browser page to google, but its not enough. I liked the original way it worked on my storm 1.0 I liked having recent bookmarks, a www. and a search right there.

At the end of my contract I'm leaving version, and I think I might just try Apple for my next desktop. Microsoft has pissed me off too much this time.
    01-07-10 07:10 PM
    My question at this point is has anyone gotten anywhere with Verizon's Corporate Executive Relations?

I had a guy named Tom call me from that office today asking i call them back about the bing problem. I really dont have time in my day to call them and get a run around from them. If they are offering a exchange of comparable phone ill talk to them.
    After arguing with Customer Service, being bumped up to Tech Support (for no reason) and arguing with them also (at the beginning of THAT conversation, the guy insisted that I MUST HAVE installed Bing for this to happen), filing complaints with planetfeedback.com, the FTC and FCC, I finally decided to send an email to Lowell McAdam. Keep in mind that I was ONE DAY out of my 30 day satisfaction guarantee period when this Bing debacle reared its head.

Because of the holiday, it took a little longer to resolve my case, and in order to know the entire history without me repeating myself, you'll have to go back and read the beginning of this thread, but I am almost a happy camper. My Storm 2 is on its way back to Verizon, I have a Droid Eris in my hands, I will be refunded the purchase price of my Storm 2 on Monday when they receive it via FedEx. As soon as that's done, I will once again be able to sing the praises of Verizon for their outstanding customer service.

Give Tom a call back. I'm happy. It might work for you as well. It might not. It might be that I was only one day out of my 30 day that made them even consider allowing me to swap my phone. You won't know if you don't try.
    01-09-10 02:38 AM
    ...in order to know the entire history without me repeating myself, you'll have to go back and read the beginning of this thread, but I am almost a happy camper. My Storm 2 is on its way back to Verizon, I have a Droid Eris in my hands, I will be refunded the purchase price of my Storm 2 on Monday when they receive it via FedEx. As soon as that's done, I will once again be able to sing the praises of Verizon for their outstanding customer service...
    So you are "fixing" this situation by switching to a Droid Eris?

Hmm... what about those of us who want to retain blackberry devices? I wonder what they would do?
    01-09-10 06:48 AM
906 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD