03-29-11 03:06 PM
906 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    yes cause this is about the people with aids and those dying overseas from terrorist. Oh My ******* God... people are horrible, I can't believe it.

If you are so worried about it why don't you go join the peace corp you trite insipid sniveling git.

why not offer some argument instead of a bunch of ******-baggery?
    I'm sniviling? I am sorry than if my comments towards your decreased "productivity" offend you. But you, sir are whining about having to go to another page to do a Google search. If your only worries in this life are having to do this then may we all be so blessed. So again, sorry if my sarcastic retort offends you.

Supermario your out of line. I agree with liftedplane The is a lot of us who like to work smarter not harder. Your condescending sarcasms are counter productive for this thread.
    the only thing counter productive to this thread, is everyone whining about something thats not a big deal. But please keep at it.

It's pointless to argue with this troll, he will never budge from his brainless opinions. If he could learn and actually be open to changing his mind, his arguments might be worth listening to.
    Brainless opinion, right. I only gave everyone here the DIRECT terms of the agreement YOU signed, regarding that this change could happen. So since I can read AND interpret, I am brainless, why then yes I am. I hope VZW allows multiple search bars real soon, but then what would you do with your time after that?
    12-20-09 02:31 PM
    ^^^ supermario28 no one cares, so just drop it ^^

I know this is old, but its a good read on microsoft bing shady practices.

Microsoft tries to force you to use bing - Computerworld Blogs

This ones new.

10 out of 15 Googlers switch to Bing, when forced to
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-20-09 at 02:46 PM.
    12-20-09 02:35 PM
    What feature though? VZW sells wireless service, you are still able to use the internet? There is a Google App that OPENS UP TO A SEARCH BAR, problem solved. And if you wanted a smartphone to do a google search, you can. It still does. You lost nothing.
    What bothers me is the fact that they are dictating changes... And removing/changing features..

Ok, if they want to take away a functionality that we had and pay for, fine... Lower the cost accordingly...
    Trust me, if they signed something with MS to have Bing be the exclusive built-in search, they they got PAID to do so.. So they charge us the same, remove a feature we had, and get paid to remove said feature...
    Yes, I know this is a 'minor inconvenience' (I have google as my home page in the browser personally), but if they will do it with this, whats next?

Extreme example is the iPhone where you have to buy all your software thru their site so it can be 'blessed' and approved by them, and you cant get anything they dont want you to have. I dont have an iPhone so I dont remember exactly, but wasnt there something just recently about Apple/AT&T blocking Google Voice or something because they didnt get the $ on calls thru it...
    12-20-09 03:15 PM
    LORD HE SUFFERS!!!! Please help this man; he has to go to one more page before he can search. Please forget about the people that die to violence, AIDS and terrorism, tell them that VZW made the people of the US; the indulgent, irresponsible, self-entitled people, have to enter a new page into the browser. Forget the REAL suffering and please help this man!!!
    What are you talking about with this whole suffering angle. You're just knee-j3rk defending VZW because you work for them. Is this how you interact at your CS position. You have to be the worst CS agent in history. Your job is make the customer happy and pass on any concerns that the customer might have the company you work for. Not to consistanly tell people "you signed a contract" "quit crying" Why don't you do your job and tell someone in the company that there is a 40+ page thread about this issue.

I wonder what your feelings on the increase of the cancellation charges that VZW is being investigated for? Let me guess VZW has done nothing wrong. It's a meaningless investigation?
    Last edited by deenug666; 12-20-09 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Cant write j3rk?
    12-20-09 03:41 PM
    What am I talking about? You wouldn't tell any higher ups about this thread. Could you imagine if your boss knew this is how you treat people as a VZW represenatitve?
    12-20-09 04:03 PM
    I've always been a big fan of Verizon (check my previous posts) but in this instance, they are wrong and should not have handled the situation like they have. If they want to add Bing to the browser choices, then fine. But don't make it the sole "choice" and remove Google, Wiki, etal. It's the heavy handedness that is ticking people off.

And finally, given the lack of an advanced, up-to-date BB Browser, why in the world would they think it's ok to remove any of the exisiting features? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. I've re-loaded Opera Mini and will make myself learn how to use it. If a new BB Browser comes out someday, I'll re-evaluate then.

Bad, Verizon. Bad.
    12-20-09 04:15 PM
    What are you talking about with this whole suffering angle. You're just knee-j3rk defending VZW because you work for them. Is this how you interact at your CS position. You have to be the worst CS agent in history. Your job is make the customer happy and pass on any concerns that the customer might have the company you work for. Not to consistanly tell people "you signed a contract" "quit crying" Why don't you do your job and tell someone in the company that there is a 40+ page thread about this issue.

I wonder what your feelings on the increase of the cancellation charges that VZW is being investigated for? Let me guess VZW has done nothing wrong. It's a meaningless investigation?
    Your right, the worst one, in all of the world. Considering this is a public forum and I have never stated my opinions as VZW's, you can think what you want. If I call you a baby and it makes you cry about it, then thanks for proving my point. Oh and by the way the "suffering" angle was me, making a mockery of the posters "suffering" over the Bing browser. Because, I may not care about all the dying children everyday of my life, but I know what matters and what doesn't. A 40 page thread on the Bing browser only goes to show people have nothing else to worry about or nothing better to do.
    12-20-09 04:26 PM
    please stop quoting the little vzw-bot. Some of us are trying our damnedest to ignore it.
    12-20-09 04:32 PM
    Your right, the worst one, in all of the world. Considering this is a public forum and I have never stated my opinions as VZW's, you can think what you want. If I call you a baby and it makes you cry about it, then thanks for proving my point. Oh and by the way the "suffering" angle was me, making a mockery of the posters "suffering" over the Bing browser. Because, I may not care about all the dying children everyday of my life, but I know what matters and what doesn't. A 40 page thread on the Bing browser only goes to show people have nothing else to worry about or nothing better to do.
    And yet here you are making this 40 page thread even longer, with nothing else better to do then to force your opinion on to others. With random words that make no sense.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-20-09 at 10:19 PM.
    12-20-09 04:36 PM
    Your right, the worst one, in all of the world. Considering this is a public forum and I have never stated my opinions as VZW's, you can think what you want. If I call you a baby and it makes you cry about it, then thanks for proving my point. Oh and by the
    way the "suffering" angle was me, making a mockery of the posters "suffering" over the Bing browser. Because, I may not care about all the dying children everyday of my life, but I know what matters and what doesn't. A 40 page thread on the Bing browser only goes to show
    people have nothing else to worry about or nothing better to do.
    The reason this thread is 40 plus pages is because of your posts and people responding, one thing your right about though, I don't have anything else to worry about or do, what's wrong with that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 04:37 PM
    Yes I don't have any other complaints in life currently so I reserve the right to complain about the little things that urke me and try to fix them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 04:59 PM
    deleted by poster
    Last edited by richs10; 12-20-09 at 06:59 PM.
    12-20-09 05:27 PM
    Well only my strom 2 had bing. Now it's been pushed to my wife's storm 2 as well. this is f*cking annoying!
    12-20-09 05:31 PM
    Supermario:
    Please take this the right way, but if you are a VZW Customer Service Rep, I can only hope I don't wind up with you on the other end of the line if I need some help from VZW in the future. I've gotten good advice from you in the past, but the "corporate syndrome" position on this issue is disturbing. It's in the contract?? Really?? My experience with VZW Reps in the past has always been positive and I'm glad to say that I haven't previously encountered the level of corporate fealty I am hearing in this thread. JMO.

Maybe a step back and a second look at this point?
    Rich
    Its not just that, Im a staunch libertarian so I naturally love business, making money and capitalism. Its actually bad for business for VZW to do this, just by looking at this thread and others it is obvious that customers either dont care about the move or are mad, typically your looking for people to be happy while some are indifferent... though it wont be enough for most to leave VZW its certainly enough for me to look at a different platform that VZW is less likely to restrict ... It might hurt RIM more than VZW but still looking for short term gains at the expense of what the customer wants hurts you in the long run
    12-20-09 06:48 PM
    I see Google, Live Search Wikipedia (in that order) in my Storm's browser.

I have long noticed that I have a BING icon that came onto my Storm one day. As I was not interested much in BING, I didn't "install" it by hitting the icon which apparently will install BING.
    12-20-09 08:48 PM
    The bing app and the default browser being bing only have nothing to do with eachother. My mom has a storm and never re arranges icons or clicks on the things that are pushed to the phone and she has bing as the only search option.
    12-20-09 09:13 PM
    The bing app and the default browser being bing only have nothing to do with eachother. My mom has a storm and never re arranges icons or clicks on the things that are pushed to the phone and she has bing as the only search option.
    People can't help not reading all 43 pages and not knowing we're talking about 2 completely different and unrelated things, nor that the Storm 1 has not been affected yet. <sigh>
    12-20-09 09:38 PM
    This is a sneaky move and it pisses me off quite a bit.

For one, I am of the opinion that Google still provides the BEST search engine available and that Bing sucks big time. Furthermore, even if Bing was so amazing it's the principal that they have removed our right to CHOICE that really steams me.

VZW better pull their heads out of their asses (or MS's asses, for that matter) or I am going to be another bitchy customer.
    12-20-09 09:38 PM
    I still have Google, Live Search, Wikipedia and Dictionary.com in my browser. I did noticed that Verizon pushed a Bing icon to my phone sometime on Sunday.
    on my 8330 i noticed the same thing. Also like any M$ app it was total bloatware and when i was playing with upgrading my security (Trusted apps, etc.) it broke it in true M$ fashion. needless to say its gone and the icon is now hidden. Of course i am a bit annoyed they pushed the icon to my phone w/o my knowledge. I wonder what else they can push out to it in the same fashion...
    12-20-09 10:35 PM
    I have a Tour and still have google etc. I have reset my phone at least 6 times since they started pushing out Bing and dont have it. I'm not compalining, just wondering how they are pushing it out?
    12-20-09 10:59 PM
    you have to waste your time entering a new page? Oh whoa is me! I would only hope all the worlds problems were so simple. Poor humanity, they have to enter the address into another page........WHY LORD, WHY!!!!!
    What a flipping VZW fanboy (Guess I do not need to ask who signs your paychecks.

I USED to use the inbrowser search 30 times a day. Due to VZW filling their coffers with anti-competitive practices, seacrhing using the providers I want to use no takes me 5 more minutes per day. As I spend a good bit of my day in meetings, and I use my blackberry for research during these meeting, this DOES cause considerable problems for me.
    12-21-09 12:29 AM
    LORD HE SUFFERS!!!! Please help this man; he has to go to one more page before he can search. Please forget about the people that die to violence, AIDS and terrorism, tell them that VZW made the people of the US; the indulgent, irresponsible, self-entitled people, have to enter a new page into the browser. Forget the REAL suffering and please help this man!!!
    If you are so concerned about Violence, AIDS, and terrorism, why dont you get your *** off this forum and do something about it.
    12-21-09 12:32 AM
    if you are so concerned about violence, aids, and terrorism, why dont you get your *** off this forum and do something about it.
    aaaaa+++++
    12-21-09 12:38 AM
    If you are so concerned about Violence, AIDS, and terrorism, why dont you get your *** off this forum and do something about it.
    Sounds about right to me, im sure a bunch of people died of hunger and from genocide while youve been complaining that other people dont like something and are speaking up about it..... Im pretty sure this is a smartphone forum....what else would we talk about if it wasnt smartphones? I could understand if this was a forum about freeing tibet or another social cause Id get it but comon man.
    12-21-09 01:31 AM
    What erks me is that they are removing Wiki as well... That's not even a search engine!!!!

I find myself using Wiki maybe once a week, and the convenience of going straight from the browser search bar is great!

I'm on a Storm 1, so I haven't been "Binged" yet... But I will be speaking with VZW when/if it does happen...

As I said before, I'm a shareholder in Google... I also have a soon to be family member (brother in law) who is VERY wealthy who started his fortune by getting in when Google was an infant...

All in all, as said by others, the main beef is that we are loosing our CHOICE and convenience with this. YES, you CAN go to the Google page and do your search, but that's a second step that is really not needed, or wanted. And YES, you can even install the Google App, but that just takes up more of your valuable App memory (might be only a TINY amount of memory, but all these crappy PUSHED apps add up!!!!)...
    12-21-09 09:12 AM
906 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD