had to re-boot my phone because my camera stops working once in a while, saying that there's another application that's conflicting with it-- which is a whole other issue.

so now i have this icon "BING" that appeared on my phone, i don't agree to the TOA.

i still have my bolt and my regular bb browser, but where the **** did this thing come from, and how do i rid of it?

is this bb or verizon that is putting this crap on my phone? either way, bb just never ceases to disappoint.
    12-18-09 12:00 PM
    verizon pushing bing as its only search engine, (from bgr report) check it out
    12-18-09 12:04 PM
    Its a general search engine that Verizon preloads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:15 PM
    Its a general search engine that Verizon preloads.

sure as **** wasn't pre-loaded when i got my phone a month or so ago. i wish i didn't have to use my camera so i would have never done a battery pull.

i went into blackberry manager and i can't remove it through there, i can't do anything with the icon but hide it.

i found this email somewhere else on verizon forums

HQExec.Relations@VerizonWireless.com

if you think this is an issue to you, please write to it and complain.
    12-18-09 12:22 PM
    it really isnt that big of a deal i just hid mine and im not thinking about it anymore.
    12-18-09 12:35 PM
    Unfortunately for the OP, that app is messing with using his camera.

I'm so glad I never went with verizon. Not only are they overpriced, they stick their fingers into your business far too much.

>=[
    Dm
    12-18-09 12:40 PM
    That icon is pushed by vz. You cannot delete it. Its only a launcher and takes up virtually no memory unless you install it. If you don't want to use it just hide it or put it in a folder for other stuff you don't use.

By the way, that icon is not a search engine. Its an app for looking up local restaurants and stores and things. Type in what kind of food you're in the mood for and it will find the closest restaurant with a phone # link and directions. Works pretty good actually.

12-18-09 01:07 PM

I'm so glad I never went with verizon. Not only are they overpriced, they stick their fingers into your business far too much.

>=[
    Dm
    No. It isn't messing with his camera. I've been using it since it was pushed and my camera works perfectly.

12-18-09 01:09 PM
    It's really not that big of a deal. I don't give that a reason to talk down about Verizon or Blackberry. I love Verizon, their customer service is great and they may be a little pricey, but i'd rather pay a good price for good service which is what I get. Just hide the icon and never think of it again. It's not hurting your phone or taking up much memory.
    12-18-09 11:34 PM

>=[
    Dm
    I seriously doubt it is messing with his camera. First, it is just an icon. He hasn't actually downloaded the app. Second, if it was causing issues with his camera, he wouldn't be the only one crying about it. There's obviously something else he has installed on his BB that is causing the problem with his camera. Your chance to show some hate for Verizon failed.
    Last edited by RBernier; 12-19-09 at 05:04 AM.
    12-19-09 05:02 AM
    had to re-boot my phone because my camera stops working once in a while, saying that there's another application that's conflicting with it-- which is a whole other issue.

so now i have this icon "BING" that appeared on my phone, i don't agree to the TOA.

i still have my bolt and my regular bb browser, but where the **** did this thing come from, and how do i rid of it?

is this bb or verizon that is putting this crap on my phone? either way, bb just never ceases to disappoint.
    You can remove it in the desktop manager
    12-19-09 09:18 AM
    Hello. How can you remove it in DM? I tried and was not able to locate it in DM. I just found the icon on my phone this morning and find it irritating. I have not installed it yet. Do I have to install it to be able to remove it with DM?
    12-19-09 03:35 PM
    If you use an older version of slacker it will make you reboot to use the camera. If it's slacker use the latest update and that problem seems to be fixed.
    12-19-09 04:14 PM
    You can remove it, but it's a service book delivered by vzw to your phone. Every time you reboot your phone it will be re-delivered. Nothing you can do about it. Just deal with it. It's no big deal at all. Hide it or put it in a folder.
    12-19-09 04:32 PM

by signing your contract, you allow them to!
    12-19-09 07:48 PM
    by signing your contract, you allow them to!
    true.......
    12-19-09 07:50 PM
    BTW, just put it in some BS folder or hide it. Thats what most people do with them.
    12-19-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD