Hey Crackberry Members,

So today I re-sent my service books to the phone and after I was finished I went into the main menu and saw this: A Bing Icon?!?!
    What is this? I can not see why Verizon or RIM would strike a deal with Bing to add a useless Bing web shortcut icon to Blackberry users. I'm not mad, but I'm just a little shocked that Verizon would push this to Tour owners after storm 2 owners were angry that all their search options in the Blackberry Browser have been replaced with Bing only.
    12-18-09 06:40 PM
    I have the Curve 8330 with Verizon and I also have the icon after I re-installed an OS. I don't like it.

**Edit: I forgot my mad face.
    12-18-09 06:51 PM
    i received it also on storm 1... and i hate bing ...lol
    12-18-09 06:55 PM
    Just hide it. Pretty simple fix.
    lol. It doesn't bother me too much, but I feel that Verizon shouldn't push crap to our phones without us even knowing. We should at least have to accept it for it to come onto our phones. I mean really?!
    It is NOT a short cut to the bing browser!

It is an app. And it works pretty good. Its for doing local searches for restaurants and theaters and such. Type in Chinese and you will get the results to the nearest Chinese restaurant with a phone# link and directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 07:03 PM

Hey Crackberry Members,

So today I re-sent my service books to the phone and after I was finished I went into the main menu and saw this: A Bing Icon?!?!
    What is this? I can not see why Verizon or RIM would strike a deal with Bing to add a useless Bing web shortcut icon to Blackberry users. I'm not mad, but I'm just a little shocked that Verizon would push this to Tour owners after storm 2 owners were angry that all their search options in the Blackberry Browser have been replaced with Bing only.
    Same thing happened when they pushed the Slacker Radio icon via service book. Wasn't the 1st, won't be the last. Unless you clicked through, accepted the TOS, and downloaded the app, it did not install on your BB. Check your BB's application settings, it's not there. Just hide the icon.
    12-18-09 07:14 PM
    Again. This is not the bing browser. It is not a short cut to a bing browser. Its just an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 07:24 PM
    During my day, I did a battery pull, and the Bing icon was on my Homescreen. I was kind of shocked, then just hid it and went on. I cant believe Verizon is actually pushing it this hard.
    12-18-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD