Bing just showed up in my applications. It's on my home screen. I don't recall downloading it and I don't want it. It doesn't show up in my apps in BBDM, and it doesn't have a delete feature.

Where the heck did it come from and how do I send it back from whence it came????
    12-19-09 04:49 PM
    I got the Bing link pushed to my phone, too. Installed to see what it's about. Nothing special except for one thing...I am running a hybrid 5.0 OS on a Verizon 8330. GPS doesn't work on leaked 5.0 on Verizon, but apparently GPS is working in Bing. Anyone know how this can be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 05:26 PM
    12-19-09 05:35 PM
    I wonder if any anti-trust laws will come into play here. Microsoft was forced to allow other browsers besides IE on Windows in order to avoid a huge lawsuit brought by the EU.

Perhaps if enough VZW customers complain to the FTC this will stop.

12-19-09 05:40 PM
    Bing just showed up in my applications. It's on my home screen. I don't recall downloading it and I don't want it. It doesn't show up in my apps in BBDM, and it doesn't have a delete feature.

Where the heck did it come from and how do I send it back from whence it came????
    Just hide it. The app itself isn't downloaded to your berry. If you open it, it will guide you to download the application. You don't have to use the app itself.

Though, there is a heated discussion in the Verizon forum about Bing pushed as the sole search config in the BB Browser. That's a service books update apparently.
    12-19-09 05:49 PM

menu>hide. problem solved.
    12-19-09 05:51 PM
    When does this take affect? My browser is still using Google as of right now. I have heard of other vzw users seeing a Bing icon that was pushed by vzw. I don't know if I have that because I did dl Bing a few weeks ago and actually like it..
    12-19-09 06:25 PM
    When does this take affect? My browser is still using Google as of right now. I have heard of other vzw users seeing a Bing icon that was pushed by vzw. I don't know if I have that because I did dl Bing a few weeks ago and actually like it..
    Bing is getting pushed to all VZW Blackberry users over the next couple of weeks. So we'll see it start to trickle down to the 9630, 8330, 8830 and 8130.

I got the application icon pushed to me the other day, but I still have all my search options in the browser. I'm doing what lots of other people have done, I created a folder for all the crap VZW pushes to our phones and hid the folder. Out of sight, out of mind.
    12-19-09 06:35 PM
    I'm doing what lots of other people have done, I created a folder for all the crap VZW pushes to our phones and hid the folder. Out of sight, out of mind.
    I did the same thing. But there is no way to hide the default search engine from being bing only. I'm thankful for the Google Quick Search app and have set my home page to google. Still hoping they will reverse the decision to restrict our search options.
    12-19-09 07:05 PM
    Got this icon a while back and just hide it. But when is this suppose to be the default search engine, mine is still Google.
    12-20-09 01:05 PM
    i got this yesterday and just hid it...the the others said out of sight out of mind
    12-20-09 01:55 PM
    Bing sucks anyway. I don't understand why anyone would use anything but google.

12-21-09 04:38 PM
    The Bing app drove me crazy when I first tried it. The map would find me properly in Tennessee, but anytime I tried to do a local search, it would search in NYC. I think there are a couple of miles between me and New York.
    12-21-09 06:04 PM
    yah me and bing are not friends
    01-20-10 02:09 PM
    To delete it completely go to: options>advanced options>service books and then highlight Bing hit the BB button and then delete. This eliminates it forever.
    01-21-10 03:33 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I did hide it at first but i really wanted it gone. Go Google
    01-24-10 09:14 AM
    so you vzw guys get stuff pushed to your bb's whether you like it or not????
    01-24-10 02:15 PM
    To delete it completely go to: options>advanced options>service books and then highlight Bing hit the BB button and then delete. This eliminates it forever.
    No it doesn't, Bing comes back after service books are sent.

01-24-10 02:51 PM
    Yeah and we're not in love with it, but it sure is nice having a solid data connection just about anywhere we go in the US. Life's all about making compromises.
    01-24-10 04:30 PM
    Yeah, but its only "virtual pre-loads" (i.e. an icon link/short cut to the web site to download/install the app) and they can be hidden.

Now, if it was the full app itself being pushed/installed.. that would be something different.
    01-25-10 01:41 PM
    I hear you there... I think I'd fall over if they started just installing full apps on my phone w/o my permission. VPLs I'm okay with
    01-25-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD