This app just showed up on my 8330 last night why?
    12-19-09 07:34 AM
    Because you probably updated to the new BBM and Verizon and Microsoft have an agreement about using Bing.
    Search the forums, there are a few threads on this.
    12-19-09 07:41 AM
    Its on mine also now. Verizon is pushing the icon. I did not install; just hid the stupid icon. I'm sure its memory grubbing garbage app anyway.
    12-19-09 02:05 PM
    There are a bunch of threads about this already.
    12-19-09 02:23 PM
    i got the bing app before this whole verizon/microsoft thing, and im honestly really happy with it, haha

the voice searching is very handy
    12-19-09 02:52 PM
    My friend asked me about this earlier today as a matter of fact. I wasn't sure of what to tell him. Now that I came across this info, I will let him know.

What if he wants to delete this app/icon? It doesn't show up under his "applications" list.
    12-19-09 03:58 PM
    This is wrong on so many levels.
    12-19-09 04:07 PM
    Its on mine also now. Verizon is pushing the icon. I did not install; just hid the stupid icon. I'm sure its memory grubbing garbage app anyway.
    how can you be sure its a garbage app if you haven't even tried it?
    IMO its a pretty cool app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 07:01 PM
    All the thing does is start up the damn browser.. I hid the stupid icon as well, it's just more Verizon shenanigans, like having locked the GPS.
    12-19-09 07:43 PM
    My friend asked me about this earlier today as a matter of fact. I wasn't sure of what to tell him. Now that I came across this info, I will let him know.

What if he wants to delete this app/icon? It doesn't show up under his "applications" list.
    Since verizon pushed it, it won't show up or is able to be deleted from the apps list.
    12-19-09 07:48 PM
    All the thing does is start up the damn browser.. I hid the stupid icon as well, it's just more Verizon shenanigans, like having locked the GPS.
    No. It does not start the browser. It is a local search app. Its helpful when looking for local restaurants and theaters and such. I use it quite often. If you haven't used it then you are just guessing at what it does.
    It works well. Click on the type of food you are in thy mood for and it will show you the restaurant choices starting with the closest. It also gives you the phone# link(just click to call) and directions.

Again, it is not a browser search engine.

12-19-09 09:26 PM
    yeah its almost like yelp, urbanspoon, etc.....
    12-19-09 09:43 PM
    Yeah my wifes phone Curve 8330 got this on her "desktop" as well this morning. We both have the latest BBM but my Curve 8330 doesnt have this icon. Wonder if it is a select phone thing?
    12-19-09 10:51 PM
    Is it better than Poynt? I have it also. Just showed up the other night. Not sure if I will use it or not.

12-19-09 11:29 PM
    It's there because you told Verizon it was ok for them to push all types of content to your device when you signed your contract! Sad but true.
    12-19-09 11:32 PM
    Clicking the icon will install MicroSuck's browser. Just hide the icon and go about your business. If you do install it by accident, go to applications and delete it.

If you installed it intentionally, well, I just don't know what to say.
    12-31-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD