Quick question...

Are there different criteria for customers as far as how late your bill can be before they suspend your service?

Reason being: I was ten days late on my bill last month. We were in the process of moving and it really just slipped my mind to pay it. We have three lines of service and a broadband device on the account. When I woke up the morning of the 10th day, my service was suspended. I quickly called and got it paid. I called up the billing dept and explained the situation and they credited my account the $60 in reconnect fees I would have been charged, since I had never been late with my bill before. She explained the suspension was an automated thing, the computer does it automatically.

Now my question is, why only ten days? My wife before we got married, used to let her bill go 30 days before they would suspend her service (thus the reason we moved her number to my account). I never received a warning or anything that my service was going to be suspended.

I realize the bill being late was my fault, so I dont need 12 posts saying to pay my bill on time. I was rather offended when it happened, being a loyal VZW customer for a while now.
    05-01-09 03:12 PM
    I would venture for the most part no. A lot has to do with prior payment history like how many times you are 30 days late, has serivce been turned off before and I am sure a few others. 10 days does seem quick though
    05-01-09 03:16 PM
    Yea, about 90% of customers are allowed to go up to 30 days past due. I have seen it even go to 60 days past due before being suspended. If it got cut that early it might have even been an error. Unless you are a "cash only" customer (which it doesnt sound like you are ) Im sure it wont happen again.
    05-01-09 03:24 PM
    I would venture for the most part no. A lot has to do with prior payment history like how many times you are 30 days late, has serivce been turned off before and I am sure a few others. 10 days does seem quick though
    Yea, about 90% of customers are allowed to go up to 30 days past due. I have seen it even go to 60 days past due before being suspended. If it got cut that early it might have even been an error. Unless you are a "cash only" customer (which it doesnt sound like you are ) Im sure it wont happen again.
    Ok, so we'll chalk this up to an error then. I haven't even been a day late before, usually I pay it when I get the email saying the bill is ready to view.

Another weird thing, was when I called to pay it and my service came back on right away, then ten minutes later was shut off again. I called into customer service and they had to manually turn it back on. He said he had no idea why it would do that, as I paid the past amount due, plus the next months balance.
    05-01-09 03:55 PM
    Quick question...

Are there different criteria for customers as far as how late your bill can be before they suspend your service?

Reason being: I was ten days late on my bill last month. We were in the process of moving and it really just slipped my mind to pay it. We have three lines of service and a broadband device on the account. When I woke up the morning of the 10th day, my service was suspended. I quickly called and got it paid. I called up the billing dept and explained the situation and they credited my account the $60 in reconnect fees I would have been charged, since I had never been late with my bill before. She explained the suspension was an automated thing, the computer does it automatically.

Now my question is, why only ten days? My wife before we got married, used to let her bill go 30 days before they would suspend her service (thus the reason we moved her number to my account). I never received a warning or anything that my service was going to be suspended.

I realize the bill being late was my fault, so I dont need 12 posts saying to pay my bill on time. I was rather offended when it happened, being a loyal VZW customer for a while now.

Uhhh...if you got hotlined then it was way longer than ten days past due. Try going to my verizon and setting up alerts to your phone when your bill is ready to view as a reminder to pay it.
    05-02-09 09:16 PM
    Ten days? It's usually never that short unless you have a long suspension history and are on Cash Only. Generally it's 45+ days. It does very per customer, it depends on ARPU, Tenure, payment history, previous suspensions and/or NSF Checks or returns.
    05-02-09 09:27 PM
    when you get shut off you have to be 60 days late and thats bc verizon bills a month in advance... hence the large bill when you first started with them... so if you were shut off before then it was probably just a glitch or something stupid...
    05-02-09 11:15 PM
    Quick question...

They actually just did this 2 me as well, I wasn't all that happy even though they waived they fee and all but they told me they just started a new system this year and its been giving them some problems, but watch a suspension on your account also blocks you from charging stuff 2 your account for 6 months :-/ being I went to go charge something and they told me I couldn't cause of the stupid suspension
    05-03-09 06:35 AM
    Uhhh...if you got hotlined then it was way longer than ten days past due. Try going to my verizon and setting up alerts to your phone when your bill is ready to view as a reminder to pay it.
    You sir, are a jackass. I just said my bill was TEN days late. Due on the 8th. Suspended on the morning of the 18th. In this part of the country, thats ten days.

Like I said, I had never been late before. That was why they credited the reconnect fees. The billing lady couldnt explain why it was cut off like that. Thanks for the help all.
    05-03-09 09:39 AM
    Ten days? It's usually never that short unless you have a long suspension history and are on Cash Only. Generally it's 45+ days. It does very per customer, it depends on ARPU, Tenure, payment history, previous suspensions and/or NSF Checks or returns.
    I just took over my wife's two lines she had, plus added a mobile broadband device. If I were any of those things you mentioned, I dont think they would let me add three lines of service in a matter of two months without a deposit.

Again, thanks for the input all. It sounds like a weird glitch or something.
    05-03-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD