So I am relatively new to the wonderful world of the crackberry. And I was having some trouble adding a friend to BBM. It was constantly in the "Pending" status. So, after trying various suggestions, and failing... I called vzw tech support.

Honestly it was awesome, the person who was assisting me was very nice, and she immediately offered to get a Curve like mine and work through the problem...after 15-20 min we had everything working like a charm. Have other people had similar interactions with the tech department?
    10-01-08 08:46 AM
    Yep sometimes you got to bow in and call tech support.....

Glad you got it taken care of
    10-01-08 09:02 AM
    I'm new to Verizon and I must say I was impressed w/ their customer service as well. Upon receiving my Curve I was unable to activate it and Verizon customer service rep assisted me as much as he could and then promptly transferred me over to their tech support rep who stayed w/ me on the line until it finally activated. Other reps (AT&T comes to mind ) would have told me by that point that it's the phone and to get a replacement, but Verizon didn't they were troopers and worked at it.
    10-01-08 09:31 AM
    The customer service level overall is stellar, period. The one time I did call in for tech support, however, I ended up fixing my own problem while the guy was still trying to look through the manual. He was very polite, at least.
    10-01-08 10:14 AM
    Hmmm so how did u fix this problem? I have the same problem of them staying in the pending list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 10:27 AM
    i got the same problem too! tell us how to fix it!

i can send pin msgs but not through bbm
    10-01-08 05:38 PM
    verizon has always treated me great
    10-01-08 05:46 PM
    I've always had really great experiences with Verizon, whether I am going in to the store, calling in, or am on the website. It's weird though because there are like two people I know though that always have a bad time with Verizon.
    10-01-08 06:00 PM
    I had major issues with my start up to the extent that I was on the line with tech support for 45 minutes only to have the gent say he would call back later in the evening. I thought that he would not of course but he indeed did get back to me and we got things working fine. My major complaint is the big VZW locations should have more in house expertise with BB's.
    10-01-08 06:04 PM
    I always have good experiences with the vzw reps. And if they can't help me they will connect me with someone who can. Thats why I've been with them for more that 11 years and I don't care what people say about them. They have never done me wrong.

I'm a VIP and love the perks as well!
    10-02-08 07:44 AM
    For those wondering about the solution... I only have like 2 bbm people on my list and basically what we had to do was delete the pendings and pull the battery then resend them. That worked. Mind you it still took a little bit for it to work. If you would like to try just add me and see what happens. It should start in pending and then when I accept it moves out of pending.
    10-03-08 07:08 AM
    VZW is the BOMB DIGGITTY!!! Its like they say... "you get what you pay for" and with VZW its soo true!! they may be a couple dollars more a month VS your entry level service providers like (AT&T, TMobile,Sprint Etc) but with those companys that's all you get is an "Entry Level Experience" their service is horrible and lets not talk about their CS but hey their plans will save you 15$ a month... LOL ya no thanks keep the $15... Ill stick with VZW...
    10-03-08 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD