Ok so I was trying to figure out who my brother called the most so I could add a few numbers for him. He is mentally disabled so he couldnt really tell me and he doesnt really understand the idea of in network.

So log into verizon wireless click on my bill, then bill details, select the number you want to know more about and then hit download to spreadsheet make sure you rename the file to include .xls at the end. Then open with your spreadsheet viewer if you do not have one then download openoffice.org

1. Once you have opened the file then click on the number 1 row right click and delete the row.
    2. Click on the column that corresponds to the minutes should be H then hit edit select all then hit the key that has an AZ with an arrow pointing down.
    3. Click on the column that corresponds to the telephone number should be C then hit edit select all then hit the key that has an AZ with an arrow pointing down.
    4. Click on the column that corresponds to usage type should be column E then hit edit select all then hit the key that has an AZ with an arrow pointing down.
    5. Click on the the first row scroll all the way down and then hold down shift and select the last row that has N+W or if you use call forwarding the last row with N+W noanswerbusytransfer right click on any of the highlighted rows and select delete rows.
    6. Everything left should be peak and plan allow these are the minutes that count.
    7. If you need to add up minutes of one persons call then right click on the row right below their last call insert and add a new row in the column for minutes in the blank spot you just made type =sum( and then click on the minute for their first call and then hold shift and click on the minute for their last call then hit enter.
    8. Repeat the last step for the calls you use the most if you need to compare

I didnt need to due that last step I knew right away who he was calling the most and I unfortunately noticed it was in my friends and family so I deleted the number from my friends and family I am going to wait until tomorrow and re add the number the number was reported as being active since june so i know those calls should have been free but they unfortunatly where not. Luckily it didnt cause over. I will see soon on the next bill weather or not it worked if it doesnt I will get tech support on the phone and go from there.

Hope this helped and hey now you also know how to get a free spreadsheet viewer and a few lessons in how to use the viewer to do more work!

Hey this should be stickied OR maybe someone can write an application that does all of that for you. That would be friggin awesome!!!

IF THIS HELPED ANYONE RATE IT AND ASK FOR A STICKY

*EDIT

Most of the things people are saying below about being able to do this within the account are invalid... Especially the recommendation to list by top 10 expensive calls since most calls are free. Its not the top 10 called numbers is the most expensive calls. So if you have 10 calls to canada all of which the same number it will just show those 10 if not its the first 10 in your bill cycle

You really dont have to do as much sorting as I did but this really is the best way to find out who other people on the account call the most. If you are managing the account and have 3 other users like I do than this helps out a lot.

Also... i'm not sure yet because i just started using it but skydeck can pull all your bills from verizon and may have some sort of aid im not sure yet im kinda confused. I think that they will recommend for you to make contacts that dont exist and will DEF list your contacts in order of most to least called that may help as well... and skydeck destroys google sync.
    Last edited by givmedew; 09-18-09 at 02:30 AM.
    09-16-09 02:17 AM
    You know that MyVerizon has a frequently called numbers list?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:27 AM
    Where? I've looked for it several times.
    You know that MyVerizon has a frequently called numbers list?

09-16-09 07:34 AM
    yeh please let me know too screen shots are welcome any that would make it easy... i looked everywhere and searched plenty first... I even found replies on an open forum from a vzw spokeperson telling altel customers they would no longer have some of the same ways to view this information
    09-16-09 07:37 AM
    MyVerizon

My Bill

Usage Analysis

There are 13 report types you can view - by minutes, by number of calls, by charges & top 10 most expensive. The reports then are available in column or pie chart view.

09-16-09 09:00 AM
    None of those reports provide the numbers that you call the most.
    MyVerizon

My Bill

Usage Analysis

There are 13 report types you can view - by minutes, by number of calls, by charges & top 10 most expensive. The reports then are available in column or pie chart view.

09-16-09 09:05 AM
    i havent used My Verizon for a personal account but i have for a business account. In My Business it gives you a report for the 20 Most Called Numbers. This is calculated by how many times a number is called not how many min was used calling it. It gives you a min used column but it includes peak and offpeak totaled together. So, with this report, its possible for the most called number to just be a number that was called many times during offpeak times. Like i said this is how it works on My Business not sure if its different on the personal account.
    09-16-09 09:12 AM
    MyVerizon

My Bill

Usage Analysis

None of those reports provide the numbers that you call the most.

Well if you go to 10 most expensive calls more than likely that is going to be the numbers you call and talk to the most.
    09-16-09 09:43 AM
    Well if you go to 10 most expensive calls more than likely that is going to be the numbers you call and talk to the most.
    or it will be me on the phone with sallie mae in india fir 3 hours
    09-16-09 09:52 AM
    or it will be me on the phone with sallie mae in india fir 3 hours
    lol...well not ALL of the numbers will be the ones you call the most, but I can bet a few of them are.
    09-16-09 09:56 AM
    All it does is list the first ten calls I made in the billing cycle. Four of those calls are to the same number and its to another VZW phone its included in m2m.
    09-16-09 09:58 AM
    then do what givmedew suggested...really most people know who they call and talk to the most so yepp.
    09-16-09 10:09 AM
    Between the usage analysis & billing information (column sort), you can get a decent idea as to what numbers you call the most.

I listed what I did, because bluerskyes mentioned the tools, but no additional info - with those tools, I can drop out the top however many in about 90 seconds,so it works.

09-16-09 03:21 PM
    Great post - I looked everywhere for a detail of call listings by call type as the canned reports referenced above are useless for identfying top 5 numbers called. Somehow I overlooked the "Bill Details" link on the Billing Summary section of My Account.

Thanks a million!
    09-16-09 04:25 PM
    I totally forgot about that post, here you go...go to manage your friends and family. Then click on usage analysis on the right under tools. You'll get a drop down list to view your usage in different ways.
    09-17-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD