03-31-10 09:55 PM
31 12
tools
    Hey thanks; thats why from here on out I'm only getting phones on a one year contract.
    03-05-10 10:13 AM
    To the OP, Thanks for the info.

To all the people that objected to the OP posting this, "get a life"......
    03-06-10 06:20 PM
    To the OP, Thanks for the info.

To all the people that objected to the OP posting this, "get a life"......
    While this is god info, I do not think you understand. The posting is nothing more than a cut and paste of VZW internal documentation. This person has now put his Job at risk and may not have a life if found out.

Customers on the other hand are being notifed via their bill.
    03-06-10 06:26 PM
    Hey guys, I'm a VZW rep and I'm here let everyone know that Starting April 1st Verizon is doing away with OUT OF WARRANTY Replacements!

This means that if your phone is out of warranty, or damaged, you MUST go through Asurion to get your replacement. We are now going to have replacement kits in place that will start at 50 dollars and go upwards to the hundreds depending on the device. I've heard there won't be a PDA smart phone under 150 for replacement.

Again, this starts in April, so get your 50 dollar replacements while you can. Won't last much longer.

Here is the email for your reading pleasures.

Customer Notification - Device Replacement Options Effective Date: 4/1/2010
    Customers will be notified of Certified Pre-Owned device changes via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. This excludes Government Accounts (Federal, State, and Local)

Effective April 1, 2010, Verizon Wireless will offer Certified Pre-Owned devices for purchase once every 12 months as a replacement option for customers whose device

is lost, stolen, or damaged (including cracked/bleeding display)
    experiences electrical or mechanical failure after the manufacturer's warranty has expired
    Customers whose device falls into one of these scenarios will be eligible to purchase

a Certified Pre-Owned device (once every 12 months)
    a new device at Full Retail Price
    The Certified Pre-Owned device purchase offer will replace the following:

$50 Certified Like-New Replacement offer for a defective device after the manufacturer's warranty has expired including devices that came from a source other than VZW
    $50 Certified Like-New Replacement offer for cracked/bleeding display
    1-Year Retail Price offer for lost/stolen/damaged device
    This does not change the replacement options under Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage.

As always, customers should be offered the ability to upgrade if their MDN or an alternate MDN on their account is upgrade-eligible.

Customer Notification
    Customers will be notified of this change via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. Additionally, a buckslip will be available in stores and included with Direct Fulfilled orders beginning 3/15.

Open Enrollment Period
    In conjunction with this notification period, customers will be able to enroll in any of the equipment protection programs (Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty and/or Total Equipment Coverage*) during an Open Enrollment period. Certain restrictions apply, including:

Device must be currently active
    Device must be less than 24 months old
    Device must have been purchased from Verizon Wireless or a Verizon Wireless agent/retailer
    Open Enrollment will take place from 2/22 to 4/30. Customers may enroll by contacting Asurion at (877)880-6204. There will be a minimum 30-day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
    I do NOT believe for a single moment you are a VZW employee. You may be a VZW 'rep' at an outsourced care provider or indirect, but not an employee. Any Verizon 'employee' knows better than to make a post like this, lest they would lose their job.

I see you have your PIN in your name. Not really bright if you want to post forthcoming confidential information and still expect to keep your job.

EDIT: While that pin may not be real per your post, when they subpoena the records from crackberry and your ISP, then I think you'll have a homer simpson 'd'oh' moment, cause if I was in charge of info security at VZW, i'd be trolling sites like this 24/7 and on you faster than stink on ****.
    Last edited by MrButthead007; 03-07-10 at 07:23 PM.
    03-07-10 07:17 PM
    All the bad things on here! This was supposed to be a informative post now you are castrasizing this guy. If his work finds out about this and then figure out it was him he'll be fired and he probably knows this. Lets let this all be behind us b/c tomorrow is going to be 78 here in S. Dakota vs the -20F it was all winter long.
    03-31-10 09:43 PM
    I do NOT believe for a single moment you are a VZW employee. You may be a VZW 'rep' at an outsourced care provider or indirect, but not an employee. Any Verizon 'employee' knows better than to make a post like this, lest they would lose their job.

I see you have your PIN in your name. Not really bright if you want to post forthcoming confidential information and still expect to keep your job.

EDIT: While that pin may not be real per your post, when they subpoena the records from crackberry and your ISP, then I think you'll have a homer simpson 'd'oh' moment, cause if I was in charge of info security at VZW, i'd be trolling sites like this 24/7 and on you faster than stink on ****.
    What do you care?
    03-31-10 09:55 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD