03-31-10 09:55 PM
31 12
tools
    Hey guys, I'm a VZW rep and I'm here let everyone know that Starting April 1st Verizon is doing away with OUT OF WARRANTY Replacements!

This means that if your phone is out of warranty, or damaged, you MUST go through Asurion to get your replacement. We are now going to have replacement kits in place that will start at 50 dollars and go upwards to the hundreds depending on the device. I've heard there won't be a PDA smart phone under 150 for replacement.

Again, this starts in April, so get your 50 dollar replacements while you can. Won't last much longer.

Here is the email for your reading pleasures.

Customer Notification - Device Replacement Options Effective Date: 4/1/2010
    Customers will be notified of Certified Pre-Owned device changes via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. This excludes Government Accounts (Federal, State, and Local)

Effective April 1, 2010, Verizon Wireless will offer Certified Pre-Owned devices for purchase once every 12 months as a replacement option for customers whose device

is lost, stolen, or damaged (including cracked/bleeding display)
    experiences electrical or mechanical failure after the manufacturer's warranty has expired
    Customers whose device falls into one of these scenarios will be eligible to purchase

a Certified Pre-Owned device (once every 12 months)
    a new device at Full Retail Price
    The Certified Pre-Owned device purchase offer will replace the following:

$50 Certified Like-New Replacement offer for a defective device after the manufacturer's warranty has expired including devices that came from a source other than VZW
    $50 Certified Like-New Replacement offer for cracked/bleeding display
    1-Year Retail Price offer for lost/stolen/damaged device
    This does not change the replacement options under Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage.

As always, customers should be offered the ability to upgrade if their MDN or an alternate MDN on their account is upgrade-eligible.

Customer Notification
    Customers will be notified of this change via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. Additionally, a buckslip will be available in stores and included with Direct Fulfilled orders beginning 3/15.

Open Enrollment Period
    In conjunction with this notification period, customers will be able to enroll in any of the equipment protection programs (Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty and/or Total Equipment Coverage*) during an Open Enrollment period. Certain restrictions apply, including:

Device must be currently active
    Device must be less than 24 months old
    Device must have been purchased from Verizon Wireless or a Verizon Wireless agent/retailer
    Open Enrollment will take place from 2/22 to 4/30. Customers may enroll by contacting Asurion at (877)880-6204. There will be a minimum 30-day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
    03-04-10 01:19 PM
    Wow, thanks for letting us in on it. Hope I don't need at all but if I do hope its before April lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 03:57 PM
    I hope nobody from verizon knows who you are for posting a corporate email. I dont know if they would like that
    03-04-10 04:15 PM
    yeah he obviously missed the proprietary information posted in that email and at the bottom of the page where it's listed!
    03-04-10 04:18 PM
    yeah he obviously missed the proprietary information posted in that email and at the bottom of the page where it's listed!
    If he didn't post the "this is proprietary" then it makes him feel better. Then its free for all info. Ignorance is blissful you know.
    03-04-10 04:24 PM
    It makes some people feel important to be the deliverer of possible news.
    03-04-10 04:46 PM
    Considering it was sent out about 1k emails ago for me... mehhhh
    03-04-10 04:54 PM
    hmm....if this is true, does this amount to a "breach of contract" on Verizon's end? i mean, this would be a different policy than the one to which i signed my name.
    hopefully some one with a lot more legal sense than me can weigh in.
    03-04-10 04:56 PM
    hmm....if this is true, does this amount to a "breach of contract" on Verizon's end? i mean, this would be a different policy than the one to which i signed my name.
    hopefully some one with a lot more legal sense than me can weigh in.
    Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?
    We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time, but we'll send you written notice first. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. But if a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee.
    Here you go. This is what you signed. Since there's is no adversre effect for you, then you get to continue using your service as is.
    03-04-10 05:17 PM
    You only get out if there is a material adverse effect on you....this does not material adversely effect you...if they changed the rate plans, text price, etc, than yes...if it even effects you.

If you have unlimited texting and text prices rise, it doesn't material adversely effect YOU. So it doesn't release you out of your contract. If you were paying per message, than yes.
    03-04-10 05:21 PM
    its gud to let us know,,,but thats weird ur posting it
    03-04-10 05:26 PM
    All Verizon customers are getting notification of it during the billing cycle previous to April 1st.

One of the details that was left out of the above post is that you can use that once-per-12-months-CLNR purchase for a phone different than the one you're replacing.
    Last edited by Doc_Havoc; 03-04-10 at 06:16 PM.
    03-04-10 06:13 PM
    thanks for the heads up
    03-04-10 06:59 PM
    Wow good job posting an e-mail there! Also nice to see your PIN attached to your crackberry user name for everyone to see!
    03-04-10 07:54 PM
    Go a head and pin me guy. It isn't a valid pin
    03-04-10 08:09 PM
    Go a head and pin me guy. It isn't a valid pin
    Good job thinking ahead of the game....... But why not just leave it blank?
    03-04-10 08:11 PM
    I was bored at work, what Can I say. Don't even have a Tour, got a storm 2
    03-04-10 08:15 PM
    The email says customers will be notified of this change via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. So if its already being printed on bills, why would it still be proprietary?
    03-04-10 08:17 PM
    The email says customers will be notified of this change via a bill message in the 2/22-3/21 bill cycles. So if its already being printed on bills, why would it still be proprietary?
    Because he posted an e-mail that was sent to him as confidential. Not like it's a release lol.. but it's not a good thing to do.
    03-04-10 08:20 PM
    I currently pay $5 dollars a month for each blackberry on my account incase of damage or stolen or anything really. Does this new policy affect that or is this stating something completely different?

03-04-10 08:46 PM
    I currently pay $5 dollars a month for each blackberry on my account incase of damage or stolen or anything really. Does this new policy affect that or is this stating something completely different?

This is for out of warranty devices not damaged/stolen devices.
    03-04-10 08:49 PM

It is different. This will cover those that are out of warr or do not have insurance for issues that are covered by insurance.
    03-04-10 08:49 PM

Open Enrollment Period
    In conjunction with this notification period, customers will be able to enroll in any of the equipment protection programs (Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty and/or Total Equipment Coverage*) during an Open Enrollment period. Certain restrictions apply, including:

Device must be currently active
    Device must be less than 24 months old
    Device must have been purchased from Verizon Wireless or a Verizon Wireless agent/retailer
    Open Enrollment will take place from 2/22 to 4/30. Customers may enroll by contacting Asurion at (877)880-6204. There will be a minimum 30-day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
    So does this mean that one of the users on my account can add insurance to her dumb phone that went out of warranty last month? This is no way meant to scam Asurion, as she takes really good care of her phone. She was wondering if she could add insurance last month since it was out of warranty.
    03-04-10 09:07 PM
    So does this mean that one of the users on my account can add insurance to her dumb phone that went out of warranty last month? This is no way meant to scam Asurion, as she takes really good care of her phone. She was wondering if she could add insurance last month since it was out of warranty.
    If the device is less than 24 months old and meets the other requirements as stated, then yes
    03-04-10 09:17 PM
    Not a bad policy. Let's see how it pans out

03-04-10 11:25 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD