I'm up for the NE2 discount and looking at getting a Storm. (I currently have a family plan with two lines.) Along with this, I need to add two additional lines to my plan so when its said and done, I'll have 4 total lines with one Storm and three standard phones.

Do I have bargaining power on either the price of the Storm and/or the cost of other two new phones since I will be adding two additional lines?

Is it best to go into a store to negotiate or go through a tele-rep?

Any insights or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    11-15-08 01:01 PM
    I'm up for the NE2 discount and looking at getting a Storm. (I currently have a family plan with two lines.) Along with this, I need to add two additional lines to my plan so when its said and done, I'll have 4 total lines with one Storm and three standard phones.

Do I have bargaining power on either the price of the Storm and/or the cost of other two new phones since I will be adding two additional lines?

Is it best to go into a store to negotiate or go through a tele-rep?

Any insights or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Depends on the rep you get at the store or over the phone and both of your negotiating skills. Neither are required to give you anything extra or above and beyond any more discounts towards the phone. You really don't have the bargaining power since you're trying to get something that you really want, and the sales rep will know that
    11-15-08 01:14 PM
    IMO, I don't think there will any price concessions on the Storm when it first comes out. If sales are bad, that's another story. I have been told by some VZW sales people that they are not allowed to drop prices on any of the phones. If they do they will be written up. How true this is, I don't know. One thing I think you can negotiate is the activation fee and $20.00/phone initiation fee for buying the phone from the store.

What I would do is go in towards the end of the month. This is when I think you would have the most leverage. If sales people are looking to meet their quota, 4 lines in one sale is pretty attractive. Negotiate the $20.00 fee and the activation fee, that's over $50.00 per phone. You might want to get pricing from other carriers and use that as a tool. But, you have to be prepared to walk.
    11-15-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD