I bought a storm from bestbuy on launch... and they were unable to give me the $50 credit for NE2 on the spot. They said I had to call verizon for it.

So I call verizon, and they in turn say that no... you're suppose to get it when you buy the phone. Furthermore, 3rd party retailers cannot discount the NE2...only verizon corp stores could.

Is this true? Has anybody gotten an NE2 discount through bestbuy?

Also, what's the return policy for bestbuy on cellular phones? Is there a restocking fee?

Ugh... i like my storm...i just don't want to go through the juggle of returning it to rebuy it at verizon just for my $50 NE2 credit (that's also...only if there's stock too)...

Bestbuy rep is such a lying sack of sh1t...
    Last edited by ovadalimit; 12-01-08 at 04:31 AM.
    12-01-08 04:28 AM
    I cant believe they did this to you...

I got my $100 NE2 from best buy. They were happy to match the price. They called verizon to see if I was eligible. I got the phone for $99 +tax from them. all rebates were instant. They can do anything verizon does, its their price match policy.

I would go back.
    12-01-08 03:42 PM
    I got my NE2 discount and the $50 rebate from Best Buy along with their price match guarantee. Also got the free bluetooth headset.
    12-02-08 04:45 AM
    If it is their price match policy, matching to what you would pay under NE2 at a corp store, can you purchase it there for the discounted price without "using up" your NE2 credit? Meaning you could get the NE2 pricing at a later date from a corp store without waiting 2 years?

Or perhaps activating the new phone resets the NE2?

Just curious....
    12-02-08 09:38 AM
    the reason we werent supposed to match it is because we offered a $50 bluetooth headsets, free email set up and bluetooth set up and no mail in rebate so it came to 199.99. Now at a verizon store you would have to pay the tax on the retail price and wait for a $50 MIR so it will only come a little bit cheaper. Honestly though our store matched most the prices....yet most people thought WE had a better deal
    12-02-08 05:40 PM
    Pardon my ignorance but what is "NE2"?
    12-02-08 06:58 PM
    Yea...i called around and all the local bestbuys said they would not give me the NE2 credit. How lame...

Return and rebuy it is then!

Thanks for the replies.

Ps: NE2 is New Every 2... a verizon policy where if you stayed through a 2 year contract, they give you $50 or $100 discount (depending on plan) to upgrade to a newer phone.
    12-03-08 12:00 AM
    Yea...i called around and all the local bestbuys said they would not give me the NE2 credit. How lame...

Return and rebuy it is then!

Thanks for the replies.

Ps: NE2 is New Every 2... a verizon policy where if you stayed through a 2 year contract, they give you $50 or $100 discount (depending on plan) to upgrade to a newer phone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-03-08 10:40 PM
    I'm an Indirect Rep for Verizon Wireless. Best Buy does not participate in the NE2 program.
    Agents must be selected to participate in the program and are given additional compensation
    For NE2. No national retailers participate at this time. Normally best buy prices the phones lower
    Than retail but the Storm is MAP protected for pricing. If you want the credit, return the device
    And buy from corporate or a premium indirect agent.

12-03-08 10:46 PM
    I'm an Indirect Rep for Verizon Wireless. Best Buy does not participate in the NE2 program.
    Agents must be selected to participate in the program and are given additional compensation
    For NE2. No national retailers participate at this time. Normally best buy prices the phones lower
    Than retail but the Storm is MAP protected for pricing. If you want the credit, return the device
    And buy from corporate or a premium indirect agent.

Completely Incorrect. I have a family member that works at best buy. They are completely capable of anything a Verizon corp store is when it comes to contracts and pricing. I went to BB and bought a storm, they had all the correct paperwork there for my upgrade and I got the phone at verizons pricing. Best buy even called verizon, gave them their authorized ID, and verizon told them what they could sell the phone for, which was exactly what they sell it for.

If you go to best buy and they are telling you they cant do it, then insist on speaking to someone competent who can honor the NE2. Because they can do it, and are supposed to honor it. They just dont want to because they dont make much on the phone...
    12-04-08 12:05 AM
    Completely Incorrect. I have a family member that works at best buy. They are completely capable of anything a Verizon corp store is when it comes to contracts and pricing. I went to BB and bought a storm, they had all the correct paperwork there for my upgrade and I got the phone at verizons pricing. Best buy even called verizon, gave them their authorized ID, and verizon told them what they could sell the phone for, which was exactly what they sell it for.

If you go to best buy and they are telling you they cant do it, then insist on speaking to someone competent who can honor the NE2. Because they can do it, and are supposed to honor it. They just dont want to because they dont make much on the phone...
    Glad to hear you know someone who works at Best Buy. I work for Verizon Corporate. My job is to act a liason between Indirect Agents, Customers and the corporate entity. I have 5 Best Buys under me in my territory. Best Buy DOES NOT support NE2. They can price a phone however they like. If the GM wants an upgrade he can "price match" anyone. But they do not recieve additional compensation on the backend like a premium or exclusive would. So don't be surprised or upset when you go for your NE2 and they dont offer it. The reps aren't trained on it for a reason, it reduces the total commission payout to the store (also called bounty). On a further note, yes they do have codes etc. It's called eRoes and it's a system agent use for accessing your account. But it nothing close to what we have access to. And no we cannot discuss pricing with them. We are expressly forbidden to do so. It's a pre-cursor to something called "price fixing".
    12-04-08 06:17 AM
    Thanks Ovadalimit
    12-11-08 07:25 PM
    Just curious if I walk in to best buy with my non clicking screen (originally purchased from BB) storm if I would be able to walk out with a new device assuming they still had phones in stock.
    12-12-08 08:28 AM
    Just curious if I walk in to best buy with my non clicking screen (originally purchased from BB) storm if I would be able to walk out with a new device assuming they still had phones in stock.
    You should - I have done this with Sprint phones.
    12-14-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD