My new-every-2 and my contract are both up for my LG8300.
    The secondary line isn't up until 11/2009.

I want to upgrade to a BB and I'm not sure the best way to do this. I've been browsing the forums for a bit and there's so much info to grep.

There seem to be three data plans
    24.99 for 10mb
    29.99 for 5gb "unlimited"
    44.95 for 5gb "unlimited"

Basically I plan on lots of email, txt, and twittering.

For me I should get the 29.99 5GB "Email and web" feature?

Also, does verizon force me to use their VZ Navigator (meh) for any kind of GPS usage?
    08-22-08 02:02 PM
    The $29.99 plan should work. You don't need to change anything else to put a BB on a family plan. The difference between the $29.99 and the $44.95 plan is one is BIS and the other is BES. VZW does lock the GPS so VZ Navigator is the only application that can use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 02:06 PM
    We have family with 2 bb and an en-v.
    Ours is 2100 min select plan with unltd txt + bis for 29.99 unltd data/ line + navigator 9.99 for 1 line + tethering for 29.99 on 1 line and insurance on all 3 lines. Vzw gps is locked to use only navigator and tethering is 5gb limit. Bis is unltd email and web.

08-22-08 03:00 PM
    tethering is 5gb limit. Bis is unltd email and web.
    Aha! Ok so the 5GB only applies to tethering? *smacks forehead*
    thank you both for the answers.

one more thing, I know vzw poo-poos tethering via bluetooth on my LG8300; that's not a problem w/ the BB is it? Edit: Just found out I can use my BT GPS puck w/ it.

Off to get flowers for the wife before I buy!
    Last edited by hometoast; 08-22-08 at 03:14 PM.
    08-22-08 03:05 PM
    ^ you need the 5GB 29.99 BIS plan for personal Blackberry use!
    08-22-08 03:11 PM
    Aha! Ok so the 5GB only applies to tethering? *smacks forehead*
    thank you both for the answers.

one more thing, I know vzw poo-poos tethering via bluetooth on my LG8300; that's not a problem w/ the BB is it? Edit: Just found out I can use my BT GPS puck w/ it.

Off to get flowers for the wife before I buy!
    Tethering is an extra charge. If you manage to tether without paying that let us know since you would be the only one to do it.

08-22-08 11:34 PM
    Tethering is an extra charge. If you manage to tether without paying that let us know since you would be the only one to do it.
    so what's the 5GB?
    08-22-08 11:41 PM
    so what's the 5GB?
    It's a future cap for orb, or some as yet unwritten app. You won't hit 5g in a month, I tried and barely broke 1g. There was a clas action vzw lost a few years back because they dropped a bunch of folk who had unlimited on their dumbphones, even though, they were all using pirated dun. I would suggest if you can stay on America's choice if you still have it,

08-23-08 01:55 AM
    . I would suggest if you can stay on America's choice if you still have it,
    Why is that? **** it has been so long I can't remember the perks of Ameica's choice.
    08-23-08 01:37 PM
    I just updated my family plan with one bb. The BB unlimited data plan is the way to go. I don't have GPS from verizon because I have it in my car! ^_^
    08-23-08 01:49 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service and they told me that the $29.99 plan is for data only and that the BB would have no voice with this plan. I told her that I only wanted the 5gb plan without tethering and she told me that plan was $44.99. The tethering option was another $15 on top of that.

Did she just not know what she was talking about or did i not convey my intentions to her correctly. I already have a family voice plan that I'm happy with, I just want to add the BB data plan.
    08-23-08 02:47 PM
    The data only plan is actually 34.99 and you would only get 10 MB of data. You can add a 29.99 feature and have unlimited data for the phone with personal email and internet.
    08-23-08 02:51 PM
    The data only plan is actually 34.99 and you would only get 10 MB of data. You can add a 29.99 feature and have unlimited data for the phone with personal email and internet.
    I am looking at My Verizon account and the OP posted the correct price for all 3 data plans. Must be a different price in your area.
    08-23-08 03:11 PM
    Whaat? The csr didn't know what she was talking about, you need the $29.99 email and web plan.
    America's choice uses minutes instead of data on the other lines of your plan.

08-23-08 04:14 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service and they told me that the $29.99 plan is for data only and that the BB would have no voice with this plan. I told her that I only wanted the 5gb plan without tethering and she told me that plan was $44.99. The tethering option was another $15 on top of that.

Did she just not know what she was talking about or did i not convey my intentions to her correctly. I already have a family voice plan that I'm happy with, I just want to add the BB data plan.
    If you need this provisioned properly feel free to PM me and I will give you my direct line and can make sure you are set up on the right plan. The plan you need is $29.99 unlimited and can be used on a voice plan.
    08-24-08 11:43 AM
    Got me curve!
    added $29.99 web+email and $10 text package.
    09-05-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD