06-02-09 07:15 PM
52 123
tools
    What is the official name for the people who handle the E911 side of things?
    05-27-09 02:43 AM
    Law Enforcement Resource Team.
    05-27-09 04:27 AM
    I walked into the store with my resume in hand and asked to see a manager. On 2nd time I met him, I gave him my resume, my sales record from the old job, my ranking, my award certificates and told him what I can bring on the table for him. Then asked if he's looking to hire anybody. He took my resume and didnt even bother to have my apply online. A few days later he called me to give me ahead up that HR will be calling me. Then after HR they gave me 48 hrs to do a drugs test to complete the hiring process. And thats how I started my career with VZW a few years ago.
    That's very rare.
    05-27-09 06:35 AM
    What got me in the door was my purpose statement on my resume. It was eye-catching and well stated.

I am an Alltel heritage employee, and i must say, I love working for VZW thus far!
    Right.......
    05-27-09 06:36 AM
    Well the Dublin, Ohio office is so very close. I think I will go there and ask to talk to someone and see if that will give me a small edge. All of the comments above are great. Thanks for all the tips and advice.
    05-27-09 10:51 AM
    Right.......
    It was the very first thing I was asked about at both of my interviews as well as my phone pre-interview.

Also, I had a friend apply at the same time as I did who had wireless experience and a degree more closely related to the position (business management with a mis minor vs. my sociology with economics minor).

I got in the door a full 3 months earlier.

I'm pretty sure it was purpose statement.
    05-27-09 12:15 PM
    It was the very first thing I was asked about at both of my interviews as well as my phone pre-interview.

Also, I had a friend apply at the same time as I did who had wireless experience and a degree more closely related to the position (business management with a mis minor vs. my sociology with economics minor).

I got in the door a full 3 months earlier.

What was/is the purpose statement?
    05-27-09 12:23 PM
    What was/is the purpose statement?
    A purpose statement, or objective in a single paragraph, often a single sentence at the top of your resume under the heading which states the position and your intent, such as "Highly motivated team player looking to work in a highly competitive environment..." It uses lots of keywords, adjectives, and catch-phrases. If written well it can make your resume stand out from a group. In some circumstances it's purpose is better served by a cover letter.
    05-27-09 03:00 PM
    I don't have the exact statement on my Mac here at home with me, but I remember it being somewhat close to what's listed above by alleycat.

I now have my resume saved on my computer at work, if you're really interested in the verbatim I'd be happy to look it up for you next time I'm there.

Let me know; always happy to help.
    05-28-09 12:58 AM
    Well I started my campaign on trying to get a job with Verizon Wireless today. Thanks for all hints advice and help in this thread. Once I get my foot in the door my goal would be to move around until I found the best job that would fit me. Since I am into Social Media and any new and upcoming tech I am sure there are multiple jobs that fit me.
    05-28-09 11:58 AM

I'm pretty sure it was too.
    05-28-09 10:04 PM
    I got in by being a temp greeter for 9 months (the max is 6 months, but I was REALLY GOOD and worked my **** off). The manager of the store put in a good word for me to the HR rep and told me to post my resume.

So basically, temp to hire. With the check-in stations now, and the managers doing the greeting, that's pretty much non-existant nowadays.
    05-30-09 04:42 PM
    I got in by being a temp greeter for 9 months (the max is 6 months, but I was REALLY GOOD and worked my **** off). The manager of the store put in a good word for me to the HR rep and told me to post my resume.

So basically, temp to hire. With the check-in stations now, and the managers doing the greeting, that's pretty much non-existant nowadays.
    You are very lucky; we haven't had temps in our store for close to three years ago.
    05-30-09 11:55 PM
    I enjoy working in the stores when they let me swap but you guys are limited in netACE. I usually just log into ACSS to work on customers accounts if the store manager lets me.
    05-31-09 12:38 AM
    I enjoy working in the stores when they let me swap but you guys are limited in netACE.
    Actually it's SHOPP
    05-31-09 07:48 AM
    Actually it's SHOPP
    I still remember how to use Vision.
    05-31-09 10:56 AM
    I still remember how to use Vision.
    Which is no longer available.
    05-31-09 11:58 AM
    Which is no longer available.
    RIP, Vision, my love.

On an much happier note, I was in one of the test stores that got SHOPP before everyone else. :P Glad to be rid of SlowPath... er... FastPath. >_<
    05-31-09 12:34 PM
    Actually it's SHOPP
    Actually it's not .
    05-31-09 02:30 PM
    Actually it's not .
    NetACE is the name of the acutal system; InfoDesk is the account look-up program; SHOPP is the processing program for orders.
    05-31-09 03:32 PM
    Actually it's not .

Oh, ok, I just work with it every day.
    05-31-09 04:30 PM
    Well when I was in the store I processed orders using netACE. Not SHOPP.
    05-31-09 04:44 PM
    Well when I was in the store I processed orders using netACE. Not SHOPP.
    WELL.........I'm in the store every day........and that's what we've been using since last October.
    05-31-09 04:52 PM
    Ok let me put it this way...

NetACE is your Blackberry. It's the actual system you're using.

InfoDesk is your Address Book... it's where you go to look at people's information.

SHOPP is your BBM. It actually does stuff with your contacts.
    06-02-09 02:14 PM
    Ok let me put it this way...

NetACE is your Blackberry. It's the actual system you're using.

InfoDesk is your Address Book... it's where you go to look at people's information.

SHOPP is your BBM. It actually does stuff with your contacts.
    Your way off..........SHOPP is the point of sale program. NETACE is the OS. Infodesk has nothing to do with looking at any specific persons information, it's where you find any answer to everything VZW.
    06-02-09 02:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD