What is the best Wi-Fi phone Verizon offers (I know there aren't many)? I currently have a BB Curve but since using my friends iPhone I really want to be able to use Wi-Fi since 90% of the time I'm in Wi-Fi spots (Work, Home, friend's houses). I don't know much about smartphones in the sense that I've never used them. I know that my companies server doesn't do well with Active Sync unless it's being used on Windows Mobile but I've also heard Windows Mobile can be quite buggy. Does anyone have a good recommendation?
    11-29-08 07:49 PM
    no blackberry has wifi at the moment as far as I know. I think if the niagra comes out and the rumors r true, then it would be the 1st wifi blackberry on verizon wireless.

but I could be wrong, can anyone confirm this for sure?
    11-29-08 07:54 PM
    no blackberry has wifi at the moment as far as I know. I think if the niagra comes out and the rumors r true, then it would be the 1st wifi blackberry on verizon wireless.

but I could be wrong, can anyone confirm this for sure?
    That doesn't answer my question, I know there are no Wi-Fi capable BB's by Verizon.
    11-29-08 07:59 PM
    i think the answer you are going to get here is that NO phone is better than a Blackberry.. and since there are currently NO WiFi BB's for Verizon... then your question has no answer...
    11-29-08 08:01 PM
    i think the answer you are going to get here is that NO phone is better than a Blackberry.. and since there are currently NO WiFi BB's for Verizon... then your question has no answer...
    Ugh, I love my BB but Browsing on it is just pathetic.
    11-29-08 08:04 PM
    Omnia hands down.

There are others but none hold a candle to it.
    11-29-08 08:14 PM
    Omnia hands down.

There are others but none hold a candle to it.
    I don't see anywhere in the description for the Omnia anything mentioned about Wi-Fi.
    11-29-08 08:19 PM
    Wifi is currently not available on any blackberry device offered by vzw. Additionally, seeing as vze requires data plans with all blackberry devices, they don't necessarily see wifi as a necessity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:20 PM
    Wifi is currently not available on any blackberry device offered by vzw. Additionally, seeing as vze requires data plans with all blackberry devices, they don't necessarily see wifi as a necessity.

Again, I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A BLACKBERRY WITH WI-FI!! PLEASE READ THE OP PEOPLE!!
    11-29-08 08:21 PM
    Again, I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A BLACKBERRY WITH WI-FI!! PLEASE READ THE OP PEOPLE!!
    First, turn your caps off. "Yelling" at people via internet is pathetic. Second, if you aren't looking for a blackberry, then go post in, oh I don't know, an omnia forum. Or hey! Better yet, do what us grown ups do, and research and make a decision for yourself.

Next.

11-29-08 08:23 PM
    First, turn your caps off. "Yelling" at people via internet is pathetic. Second, if you aren't looking for a blackberry, then go post in, oh I don't know, an omnia forum. Or hey! Better yet, do what us grown ups do, and research and make a decision for yourself.

Next.

LOL, why would I post in an Omnia forum when I have no clue what phone I'm interested in. The whole point of posting in a forum like this is to get personal experiences from people who have/have used these devices.
    11-29-08 08:26 PM
    LOL, why would I post in an Omnia forum when I have no clue what phone I'm interested in. The whole point of posting in a forum like this is to get personal experiences from people who have/have used these devices.
    Then perhaps you should watch your attitude when posting. You kill all willingness of others to help when you act like a child. And, for the recourd, your OP says nothing regarding the fact you don't want a blackberry. And again. I remind you: this is a blackberry forum. What answers did you expect??

11-29-08 08:29 PM
    sweet jesus, Just PM me if you want more info.

I'm at work for another hr.
    11-29-08 09:05 PM
    11-29-08 09:17 PM
    omnia
    i760

i have an i760, and its ok. the HTC home plugin that i installed slows it down some, and i get some freezing sometimes, but its cause of all the junk i have on my phone. other than that, WM is good stuff.
    12-04-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD