My Palm Treo has finally annoyed me enough that I am going to replace it with a Blackberry. My company will get me a Verizon phone, I am just not sure which is the best one for me. I have looked at them in the stores and done some searching around the interweb but haven't found anyone that stands out.

I do need to be able to tether my laptop in the off chance I am traveling somewhere without reliable wireless. I don't do a lot of texting with the Treo but might with the Palm, co-workers have told me it is very convenient. Wonderful, the ability to work ALL the time.

I am open to all suggestions. If there is something really exciting being released soon I can put up with the Treo for a while.

Thanks all
    01-24-10 10:15 PM
    The Storm2 is curre tly the best VZW has, but I don't know if you want a touch screen. If you prefer a physical keybiard I'd wait for the Tour2 (Essex) that should be out within the next month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:28 AM
    I think the Storm2 is tops in my book, and Tour2 is coming out soon too. You may also want to look at the new Palm devices available today. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are pretty neat devices, and the WebOS seems pretty capable. The new Palms also have a MiFi feature to them, which is very convenient.

Between the Storm2, Pre Plus, and Pixi Plus, I'd say it's a pretty tough decision...a high-class problem indeed.
    01-25-10 07:28 AM
    *snickers* you said "interweb"

but seriously... ahem...
    I agree that OS wise the newer berries are the best ones... ALTHOUGH... my curve is quite nice. Tour and S2 have Global capabilities so if you travel abroad for a temporary increase in the cost of your bb plan you can use your bb.
    The C2 I've heard is quite nice as well... I like the trackpad instead of the ball.. no linty "my trackball stopped working" issues... I hear the T2 is going to have the pad too.
    More research is required and this is all speculation and personal opinion.
    And do keep in mine and Gawain stated. Palm Pre and Palm Pixi plus will be out this week.
    I personally thought the OS was interesting for the first 2min and then just made me irritable. But I have a predisposion to hate palm.
    01-25-10 08:20 AM
    I'd go S2 if you have to get it right now and if you HAVE to have a "world" phone. If you prefer keyboard and you can live without the "world" phone, then a C2 is a good option. If you can hold out for a few weeks, then the T2 becomes a good option.
    01-25-10 01:17 PM
    I love my Curve 8330, but it's getting outdated with the new devices arriving. The Curve 2 is pretty solid, I played with it a couple of times, and I love the trackpad and the added power. The only thing I didn't like about it was the no flash, 2.0 megapixel camera. Yes, I do have a digital camera, however, I do not always have it handy, and sometimes a KODAK moment happens on the spur of the moment! The camera should have been, in my opinion, a 3.2 MP upgrade as well.

That being said, the functionality of the Storm 2 and the versatility of the Tour 2 seems promising for you. It just depends on whether you like physical or virtual (touch screen) keyboards. The fact that they are Global ready is a plus should you travel internationally.
    01-25-10 01:55 PM
    I vote Storm 2. If you don't like it after playing with it in a store, wait a little bit for the Tour 2.
    01-25-10 02:08 PM
    if your wanting reliability and not some poor excuse for a phone get the Tour.

or wait for the tour 2.

right now verizon does not have any other blackberry worth getting
    01-25-10 02:15 PM
    I vote for Storm 2 also.
    01-25-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD