I just recently upgraded from a VZW 9650 to a VZW 9930, and want to give the older phone to my wife. She always wanted a BB, wouldn't use it a whole lot for data. What would be the best / least expensive plan to put her that would give her phone, data, text?
    01-27-12 11:17 AM
    The best low use plan right now is the 300mb for $20.00. Its not always listed as a option on the web site but if you call they will give it to you. Sometime in 2012 they are supposed to offer a family data plan. Not sure of any pricing or bucket amounts. That would be a step in the right direction. I am sick and tired of purchasing multiple data plans from phone, tablet, and home.
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    01-27-12 01:50 PM
    I have a 150 mb for 15 dollar.
    01-27-12 04:51 PM
    I have a 150 mb for 15 dollar.
    That's a good one. I wish they still offered that. With the compression of a BB I usually don't go over 40mb a month.
    01-27-12 05:16 PM
    I avg about 40 mb a month...i have a 9650 so, the browser is terrible..i don't feel like upgrading to 9930 since i have read so many problems right now...
    01-27-12 06:08 PM
    Thank you all. I can see that you were all referring to data plans. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. While I do indeed need a low use plan for her, I am looking at a total package of phone, text, and data for the best deal possible.
    01-27-12 08:29 PM
    Thank you all. I can see that you were all referring to data plans. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. While I do indeed need a low use plan for her, I am looking at a total package of phone, text, and data for the best deal possible.
    I didn't realize you were speaking about the whole package. Your best off add your wife on the family plan. It cost $10.00. Then you will need to add texting plan. There are some tiered plans or you can do family unlimited. Next you add on the data plans. That we have already discussed.
    Good luck
    01-28-12 06:03 AM
    I avg about 40 mb a month...i have a 9650 so, the browser is terrible..i don't feel like upgrading to 9930 since i have read so many problems right now...
    The latest "official" OS6 from VZW and available through the DM is an improvement for the browser. I have been using Opera Mini and it's fairly responsive...for a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-12 08:26 AM
    Unfortunately Verizon got rid of their "smaller" data packages for smartphones.

You have to get a minimum of $30/month for 2GB, regardless how old your smartphone is.
    01-30-12 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD