........don't require a data/internet plan?

I'm really contemplating getting a Droid/Eris/possibly the Passion down the road. But I don't really "need" to search the internet on the phone. It'd be nice, but not a requirement. For the past 5 years, I've had a KRZR and have been just fine using my phone just for calls and txts.

With that in mind, what are some of the newer phones that are great that don't require a data plan? It can be with any network, as I'm with US Cellular, and gonna leave them. I'm leaning towards Verizon, but it's not set in stone.

Thanks in advance!
    11-08-09 08:51 PM
    I'm really contemplating getting a Droid/Eris/possibly the Passion down the road. But I don't really "need" to search the internet on the phone. It'd be nice, but not a requirement. For the past 5 years, I've had a KRZR and have been just fine using my phone just for calls and txts.

With that in mind, what are some of the newer phones that are great that don't require a data plan? It can be with any network, as I'm with US Cellular, and gonna leave them. I'm leaning towards Verizon, but it's not set in stone.
    What do u want in a phone? I get u don't want a "smartphone" but do u want a small flip phone? A phone that has a qwerty for texting? A phone that is as basic as it comes, or one that could do pix and visual voicemail, etc.

Give us a better idea of what u want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:56 PM
    As far as VZW's' offering is concerned, if I were in the market for a dumb phone I'd probably look hard at the Samsung Alias2. Loads of features, flip for call and flip another way for texting. And it looks good IMO. Plus it's highly rated (4.5 stars on almost 3000 reviews).

Now available online for $49.99 with instant $50 rebate.

Enter your location
    11-08-09 09:06 PM
    The Alias2, enV3 or enV Touch would all be good.

I prefer enV3, but you might like the others.

11-08-09 09:25 PM
    What do u want in a phone? I get u don't want a "smartphone" but do u want a small flip phone? A phone that has a qwerty for texting? A phone that is as basic as it comes, or one that could do pix and visual voicemail, etc.

Give us a better idea of what u want

Like I said, all I'm concerned is about is good call reception and being able to txt. I've never had a qwerty keyboard, but i like the look of it and definitely wouldn't mind it. I just want a phone that is newer, but up with the times. Camera? Eh, if it has one fine, but not mandatory.

The Alias2, enV3 or enV Touch would all be good.

I prefer enV3, but you might like the others.

Thanks, I'll check 'em out!
    11-08-09 09:33 PM
    Just got my wife the Alias 2, she loves it! It's a great phone.
    11-08-09 09:39 PM
    If you want the Env Touch, it does require a data plan.......dum dum dum...
    11-08-09 10:47 PM
    If you want the Env Touch, it does require a data plan.......dum dum dum...
    Recent change? I thought the Rogue was the first one that required a data plan & enV Touch preceded it.
    11-08-09 10:56 PM
    Recent change? I thought the Rogue was the first one that required a data plan & enV Touch preceded it.
    Recent change coming to a VZW near you. It will be considered an Advanced device. People who have it prior to the change can still use it with no data plan.
    11-08-09 11:00 PM
    Sweet - they must be dying to help Sprint survive.

11-08-09 11:18 PM
    Sweet - they must be dying to help Sprint survive.

Well they need all the help they can get.
    11-08-09 11:22 PM
    Well they need all the help they can get.
    Somewhat... but maybe not as much as a lot of VZW people think. Stay tuned, as a comparison is in the wings.
    11-08-09 11:27 PM
    Somewhat... but maybe not as much as a lot of VZW people think. Stay tuned, as a comparison is in the wings.
    hmmm care to share?
    11-08-09 11:49 PM
    Shortly, my friend - as soon as I am done writing it.

11-08-09 11:58 PM
    They can compare all they want. Sprint and their customers are damaged goods. They can hope for a buy-out, but why bother when the pieces can be picked further down the road...

Do tell though...what's the **** you're hearing comparison-wise?

Aww....look at that..the word p...then two "o's" then P is filtered huh...that word is definitely "G" rated....we're taught it from the moment we are told from our parents what we were doing to our pants as babies for crying-out-loud... *L*
    11-09-09 12:09 AM
    +1 for the enV 3. LG makes some solid phones. I never had a complaint with my enV or enV 2, and used other peoples' enV 3. If I didn't get my Tour, I'd have an enV 3.
    -but as they say around here: Get out and try them!
    11-09-09 12:45 AM
    hmmm care to share?
    Here you go...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw...eality-359523/
    11-09-09 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD