I am up for my 2 year upgrade on my 2nd line I have the tour and am very happy with it. But what's a good smart or dumb phone for verizon. Thanks for the help

Posted from my Crack Berry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just use the other line for texting so a full keyboard would be nice. And is it true the verizon will be getting the palm pre. Other then that I'm not looking for and thing really then a nice looking phones that runs smooth
    Last edited by beaner3340; 08-31-09 at 12:48 AM.
    08-31-09 12:23 AM
    It all depends on what you expect & need from the phone. Why don't you narrow it down a bit, then we might be able to assist.

Without narrowing it down, we're just shooting into the darkness, hoping to hit something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:30 AM
    Without narrowing it down, we're just shooting into the darkness, hoping to hit something.
    shooting into the darkness here, i picked one of each:

1. Smartphone: HTC Ozone. i found the keyboard to be quite well spread out, and i like the windows mobile they got on it.

2. Basic: I still love the original enV. Although they dont sell them anymore in stores, you can get one on ebay for under $100. I have also owned the newest enV3, which was a great phone with minor, annoying software issues like no custom dictionary and things of that nature.
    08-31-09 12:48 AM
    I hear the new samsung rogue will be nice.
    08-31-09 01:07 AM
    The wife loves her envTouch, and it gets lots of stars on the verizon website.
    08-31-09 01:14 AM
    Moto V3c Ftw!!!
    08-31-09 01:25 AM
    shooting into the darkness here, i picked one of each:

1. Smartphone: HTC Ozone. i found the keyboard to be quite well spread out, and i like the windows mobile they got on it.
    I found the HTC Ozone to be built cheap. Some of the buttons started to stick after one day. I also had lots of errors from the OS and the bluetooth would shut off on its own while tethering, but that is what I have come to expect from windows mobile devices.

The wife has a Env3 and its a nice phone. If I was getting a dumbphone I'd get that

08-31-09 10:50 AM
    Can someone answer a question on the LG enV Touch here? I know this is a BlackBerry forum site, but I'm trying to get a phone from Verizon that does Internet Radio, and I think my BlackBerry Storm wouldn't be as fun for the wife. Don't get me wrong, I love the Storm I have, but for her, I think the LG enV Touch would be great. Can anyone confirm if the LG enV Touch will do ANY internet radio?
    08-31-09 12:58 PM
    no, it won't...there are no apps to support streaming internet radio, and i doubt the media player will support it. maybe get her a pearl flip?
    08-31-09 03:51 PM
    OK, so here's my next question. I know I can install Slacker Radio and I (Heart) Radio on a BlackBerry, does it also have the ability to stream radio right off HTML, I think they're called RTSP sites? Like the links you get from shoutcast.com?
    08-31-09 04:17 PM
    it depends on how the media streaming is set up...if it's flash, then no...

if it's a redirect to a supported media type, then possibly..

here's the easier way to ask:

i have media on site www._______.com, will it work?

what specifically do you want to stream? i'll try and report back
    08-31-09 04:31 PM
    it depends on how the media streaming is set up...if it's flash, then no...

if it's a redirect to a supported media type, then possibly..

here's the easier way to ask:

i have media on site www._______.com, will it work?

what specifically do you want to stream? i'll try and report back
    Something else to look at is some media presentations will work in the BlackBerry browser & some will need Opera. But, as Patches mentions, no flash presentations, as well as some other media implementations.

08-31-09 04:41 PM
    welcome back, old man river!
    08-31-09 04:46 PM
    welcome back, old man river!
    Thanks, my friend - I missed you, too.

08-31-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD