I recently moved from USCC to Verizon and have lost the Blackberry Maps app on my Torch 9850, and I apparently can't get it again. What is the best Maps/Nav option available for OS7? Is it worth paying for Navigator or is there a free option that's better? [It's actually cheaper to buy a Garmin with a lifetime update option.] Thanks for your insights.
    06-10-14 02:43 PM
    Verizon blocks bbmaps? Bbmaps works in my Z30.
    06-10-14 02:46 PM
    I recently moved from USCC to Verizon and have lost the Blackberry Maps app on my Torch 9850, and I apparently can't get it again. What is the best Maps/Nav option available for OS7? Is it worth paying for Navigator or is there a free option that's better? [It's actually cheaper to buy a Garmin with a lifetime update option.] Thanks for your insights.
    Did you go to BlackBerry World and try to download it again? If it shows as installed, either looking for it in a folder somewhere or uninstall it and then download it again. Probably an issue from the changeover. I have no problem with BlackBerry Maps on my Z10 on Verizon.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-14 05:33 PM
    I was with uscellular too but I went from a torch with them to a Z30 with vzw. I don't have a clue if they block bbmaps but if I remember there use to be a work around on here to get it.
    06-10-14 06:10 PM
    I don't even have BB Maps on BB World anywhere. I've been assuming that Verizon somehow blocked it to get people to pay for Navigator(?) So now I'm looking for an alternative. And as I initially stated, I have a Torch 9850 with OS7, so an option for Z30/Z10 may not help me.
    06-10-14 06:12 PM
    I don't even have BB Maps on BB World anywhere. I've been assuming that Verizon somehow blocked it to get people to pay for Navigator(?) So now I'm looking for an alternative. And as I initially stated, I have a Torch 9850 with OS7, so an option for Z30/Z10 may not help me.
    Now that I think about it, it wasn't called BlackBerry Maps on pre OS10 devices. It was BlackBerry Traffic. Try looking for that. Had a lot of features that they didn't follow through with on BB maps. I used it on my Bold 9650 on Verizon on OS6. I don't think Verizon blocks it.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.2039
    06-10-14 06:18 PM
    The map app on the Z30 is called maps; at least on my Verizon phone it is.
    06-10-14 06:19 PM
    Navfree seems to work fairly good.
    I've only used it a few times.
    Maybe someone else can chime in if they have more experience with it.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-10-14 06:22 PM
    It was definitely BB Maps on USCC (OS7). After searching CB some more, I see where AT&T blocked it, so I bet Verizon did too. No Navfree in my BB World either, but I found BB Traffic and installed that. Will give it a try. Thanks for all advice.
    06-10-14 09:13 PM
    It was definitely BB Maps on USCC (OS7). After searching CB some more, I see where AT&T blocked it, so I bet Verizon did too. No Navfree in my BB World either, but I found BB Traffic and installed that. Will give it a try. Thanks for all advice.
    You can also search for that work around to get it working.
    06-11-14 07:39 AM
    Maybe only in Canada... Pity.
    Best option for Maps/Nav on  Verizon?-img_20140611_123410.png

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-11-14 03:35 PM
    I have Navfree to and it works fine for me. You can download the maps you want to go to. You can download maps from Amerika, california maps, texas maps, New York maps. Western europe maps like Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Belgium, France. It's a fine app for me and i use it every day

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-06-14 07:03 AM
    My previous phone was a Verizon Torch 9850. BlackBerry Maps is not blocked by Verizon, I used it all the time. Use your desktop manager to reinstall BlackBerry Maps.
    07-14-14 05:03 PM
    I use maps on my verizon z30
    Was on top phone when I got it. It's very basic, doesn't always find addresses in this area, but Google doesn't find them either. Maps did save my **** in St Louis the other day on an ambulance transfer. The garmin we had in the truck had me going in circles. Maps got me lined out and took me right to my destination. I downloaded maps plus in order to have the satellite view that is missing on the stock maps app.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 03:27 PM
    My previous phone was a Verizon Torch 9850. BlackBerry Maps is not blocked by Verizon, I used it all the time. Use your desktop manager to reinstall BlackBerry Maps.
    All right, I've tried BB Traffic and haven't found it to be very useful. I'd love to have BB Maps on this phone, but it's not on App World, and maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how I can reinstall something that's never been on this phone. [Remember this is a 9850 with OS7.]
    09-07-14 01:54 AM
    You are correct. It is NOT blocked by Verizon nor USCC!

I use them both.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-07-14 08:59 AM