I'm downgrading to a feature phone (one that doesn't require a data plan), and I have a few questions.

1. I have a Voyager, should I just activate that or should I look for a 'newer' phone?
    2. What's the best phone that doesn't require a data plan? I want something with a full keyboard. I was looking at the Samsung Rogue, does that need a data plan?

Thanks!
    02-27-11 12:30 PM
    If the Voyager works, use it. Are you looking for a new one with an upgrade or buying one used?
    02-27-11 12:38 PM
    If the Voyager works, use it. Are you looking for a new one with an upgrade or buying one used?
    I'd be buying a used one. I've been away from regular feature phones for a while, so I wasn't sure if anything new and fun came out. I really miss the full keyboard with that much space, and the Droid keyboard didn't really do it for me.
    02-27-11 12:46 PM
    Well, there's the enV line, the Alias, the older smart phones can be activated with no data, Cosmos, Octane, Intensity. The Rogue does require a data plan...
    02-27-11 12:59 PM
    I'm downgrading to a feature phone (one that doesn't require a data plan), and I have a few questions.

1. I have a Voyager, should I just activate that or should I look for a 'newer' phone?
    2. What's the best phone that doesn't require a data plan? I want something with a full keyboard. I was looking at the Samsung Rogue, does that need a data plan?

Thanks!
    I've been thinking of doing the same. The phone I'm going to was one of Verizons best phones. The VX8300!! This was the grey LG flip phone. I never once, had a problem. That phone works flawlessly. Yes, its no smart phone. It does have internet, email and MP3. I know, were use to having a lot more options on are phones. I've just gotten burnt out of having a problem phone, storm2. I love all the options and all I can do. The VX8300 just made life easier. The clam design, blue lighting..it was awsome! Never slow, never any bug problems. Great battery life, just great all around. This phone is still in hi demand. For some reason Verizon stopped making them. I see them on-line all the time. 100 bucks gets you a like new model. I'm going back to a simpler phone. Simple, yet does everything I want and need, without making me wanna smash it into the wall. I don't know what kind of package you could get for data and minute use. I just had a simple 1500 Min, unlim messages and pics. I also paid a extra $10 for internet usage..emails and downloading music and other things. I'm sure they have a difernt, better non data package for it. Verizon doesn't sell them anymore but, they will activate it and give you a plan for it. I did this for my kid, and soon myself. Verizon reps, atleast the several I've asked, have agreed that the VX8300 was one of there best phones. I wish I would have known this before trading mine in for a Venus. Its a step back but, gives peace of mind. No more phone worries!!! LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD