How can I get the best deal to switch from AT&T to Verizon. I just talked to them and found out that to get a comparable plan, would actually cost me about $40 per month more than what I am currently paying AT&T.

I want to switch because I can't get my unlocked 9550 browser working with AT&T and would like to get a new phone for my wife.
    11-30-09 01:34 PM
    What is your att plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 02:29 PM
    Where do you work? You might be able to get a discount with Verizon. We just switched to a Verizon plan that was about the same at Att, and it's cheaper per month than Att was. Even added another data plan too, still about $15 dollars less per month.
    11-30-09 02:34 PM
    I'm sharing 450 minutes per month on two lines and have blackberry data plans on both lines... I can't use the 450 minutes I got because everyone here is on AT&T, so I almost never have to use any minutes, I have over 3,000 rollover minutes built up and can't get rid of them...

I am figuring I would have to go with the 1400 minute plan on Verizon and include the 10 most commonly called AT&T people in my favorites in order to keep from going over minutes.

My current plan with AT&T is running me $130 per month and Verizon is wanting $160...
    11-30-09 02:48 PM
    At $30/mo, the rational person would have to determine how badly you want that phone - especially when you start looking at $360/yr.

There are going to be some situations where at is cheaper - based on patterns & such.

11-30-09 03:55 PM
    If you use a BES, the browser will work. There are some personal use BES services for as little as 6.99 month. You would also have to add BES from ATT for another $4.99 month. You would also be getting OTA calendar and contact sync with outlook, which for some, is worth it. But like the gentleman who posted just before me, how badly do you want that browser and how much are you willing to pay?
    Last edited by tgilmore16; 11-30-09 at 04:49 PM.
    11-30-09 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the input... I guess I just need to find a way to stay satisfied with AT&T...
    12-01-09 08:13 AM
    Thanks for the input... I guess I just need to find a way to stay satisfied with AT&T...
    Or get all of your friends to switch to Verizon.

12-01-09 08:15 AM
    OP, Go to the Tips How To & FAQ section of the Storm 9500/9530 Forum, and go to a thread called Getting Data, Email etc working on ATT, and follow the steps. You just need to get your ATT service books installed on your 9550. Once you do that you will have full data, EXCEPT you will be limited to EDGE speeds, plus wifi of course.

EDIT: From all you have said ATT sounds like your best option at this time, now you just need to get the Storm working right and that thread should help.
    12-01-09 10:43 AM
    You can use the following link for Verizon to see if your work/work e-mail makes you eligible for coporate discounts.

Enter your location
    12-01-09 11:57 AM
    Hey Thanks - I am probably switching in January and will get 6% service discount and 25% accessory discount.
    12-03-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD