05-12-09 02:39 AM
37 12
tools
    I have been with Verizon for over six years. I went to BestBuy to get my Storm. The reason the price was much better considering what I got. First it was a straight $199.00 without waiting for the $50.00 debit card rebate offered by Verizon at the time. Secondly I used my BestBuy rewards card to knock off another $90.00. So for $109.00 plus tax I got a Storm, Plantronics E360 Bluetooth headset,Blackberry leather case and Blackberry Micro USB car charger. I signed up for a new two year contract, that's it. Any problems or quesions I've had I've gone to my local Verizon store and had it taken care of. Matter of fact was having a battery issue last week, went to Verizon and they gave me a new battery no questions asked. The prices I quoted were in effect in January when I got the phone.
    03-20-09 11:23 PM
    Indirects haft to call into Eroes Sales and have the upgrade changed back. Simple and easy. Some just choose not to I guess. If a phone is defective in the first 30 days we exchange for new no questions asked. Verizon stores will just send the customer right back to an indirect if it falls within the exchange period. I know there are some bad indirects out there but there are also Very good ones, normally they are Premium dealers. Big difference between and authorized agent and premium dealer. I'm just trying to defend the indirect side some because there alot of stereotypes that are very untrue. Having worked both corp and indirect I've seen both sides of the business.
    ah i see. so if a rep is busy/forgot then that would be why it has not been reset. do you know if the upgrade date AND contract date are reset? or only the upgrade date? also if the indirect sales rep forgets/too busy to call eroes for the reset, does that rep/store still get paid on the deal because nothing is reverted? lastly do premium dealers always have a sign that says premium retailer? i think one of the reasons indirects get such a bad name is because of OTHER carriers indirects. especially tmobile w/ The Mobile Solution.
    03-20-09 11:28 PM
    one more thing why is all indirect store are stating a 125.00 deductible for the replacements when all verizon stores state a 50.00 one.
    Different plan. The ones at the indirects is not the same coverage as the one you get from the carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:07 AM
    well all the places ive been they all offer the same which is the one verizon offers the 5.99 a month
    03-21-09 12:28 AM
    well all the places ive been they all offer the same which is the one verizon offers the 5.99 a month
    Premium or Exclusives, yes - but the box stores and many of the indies offer a different third party plan.

While most can still sell the Asurion plan, this one is related to the extended warranties they offer on washing machines.

03-21-09 01:03 AM
    I work at Best Buy and I would like to say that there is NOT an EXTRA contract with Best Buy, only the standard Verizon 2 year agreement. T

here is not an additional 180 day agreement like I have seen at other places. There is not a SEPARATE early termination fee, just the standard Verizon $175.

Also their is a 30 day return policy, with no restocking fees on the phones, or accessories. You will still pay for the days you used the phone, just like if you got the phone from the a corporate store.

Also we WILL price match, but it has to be another actual store. EX: Wal-mart, Kiosks at a Mall, the Verizon Corporate Store/Corporate Website. Typically will not match online deals, but it depends on the offer, but ask the Best Buy Mobile Manager for details, not a regular store manager.

I have nothing against the corporate stores, or other stores, I really just like to see people get the best price on the phone they want, and I will try to get it for them :-). All regular Best Buy employees including those of the cell phone department get paid hourly, and do not get commission.

Also sometimes there are certain limitations that a Best Buy store cannot do, such as the "New Every 2" and other bill adjustments, and sometimes a corporate store can do better on pricing.

Other questions just ask, I have no bias for one store over another. And personally I would go for wherever you can get the best price. For example I had to get my Storm at a corporate store because of my NE2, Lol
    03-21-09 01:11 AM
    I work at Best Buy and I would like to say that there is NOT an EXTRA contract with Best Buy, only the standard Verizon 2 year agreement. T

here is not an additional 180 day agreement like I have seen at other places. There is not a SEPARATE early termination fee, just the standard Verizon $175.
    Okay Steve - I have a question for you. Please bear in mind I have nothing against you and probably many of those you work with - for a variety of reasons, however, I cannot stand BestBuy (as you can probably tell from some of my previous posts). One of their problems is they don't pay their people enough, but I digress... So back to my question.

If there is no additional agreement, how do you explain the one I posted a dozen or so posts prior to this one? I copied it verbatim from the BestBuy site. The site was not very forthcoming with the information; I had to run halfway through an order to get it, but it does specifically mention 181 days, with a number of added hoops to jump through.

And, typically, BestBuy will only pricematch printed ads.

Could you shed some light on this, please?

03-21-09 02:09 AM
    Little dusty, but no harm no foul, right? I bought my Storm @ BBuy in February, they even matched the Amazon price of $99 at the time.

I then went across town to the VZW Corprorate store and added my corporate discount since 3rd party retailers cannot, and have been set.
    04-14-09 10:44 PM
    I want to switch from att to verizon because i get a discount on my monthly plan through the company i work for. I want to go through best buy because they have a better deal on the phone I want. Can I do this and still call Verizon to get my company discount on my monthly rate plan?

Or if i wanted to order through some place like amazon or walmart and get the phone for free can i still call verizon and get my company discount?
    Last edited by nicole859; 05-11-09 at 11:11 AM.
    05-11-09 11:05 AM
    I have not heard that the deductible is 125. as far as I know it is still 50.00
    05-11-09 02:36 PM
    If you're looking for a relatively unbiased description of the plans and phones between carriers, go to BB. You can get everything compared and it'll be easier for you to make a choice of carrier.

If you're already hitched to VZW, I'd go to the actual store.
    05-11-09 04:33 PM
    As a recent employee of best buy, I would highly suggest verizon directly. Best buy will try and sell you black tie protection and do their best to tack on ad much as possible. Just my two cents. Even as an employee I went straight to verizon. If you go to best buy you will pretty much have to pay for customer support and the 1 year warranty. Both of which verizon stores provide instore.

05-12-09 02:39 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD