I exchanged my Tour in April and sent the non-working Tour back within the allotted time. I can't remember if it was directly to a Fedex employee(from my house) or if it was the time I took it to a drop-box. Anyhow, I look at my bill online and see a whopping $650 charge! Called customer service(very nice) and she said this happens sometimes and she would have the warehouse check for it and get back to me.

I'm almost sick to my stomach waiting to see if they are going to stick me with those charges or find the phone. I mean, what if the Fedex guy didn't scan the box therefore cannot be tracked? That means there would be no record of the phone ever being shipped back! Have any of you had this problem or heard of this???
    09-11-10 11:44 PM
    I exchanged my Tour in April and sent the non-working Tour back within the allotted time. I can't remember if it was directly to a Fedex employee(from my house) or if it was the time I took it to a drop-box. Anyhow, I look at my bill online and see a whopping $650 charge! Called customer service(very nice) and she said this happens sometimes and she would have the warehouse check for it and get back to me.

I'm almost sick to my stomach waiting to see if they are going to stick me with those charges or find the phone. I mean, what if the Fedex guy didn't scan the box therefore cannot be tracked? That means there would be no record of the phone ever being shipped back! Have any of you had this problem or heard of this???
    It has happened to me once. I always keep my tracking numbers as a precaution. It is the only way you can prove that it was shipped and sent back to their warehouse. They may grant you a one time courtesy...but are no way obligated especially is you don't have tracking information. Just remain calm and courteous on the phone and everything should work out. Good luck.
    09-12-10 12:00 AM
    It seems that me having the tracking number should be irrelevent- Verizon paid for the return shipping so shouldn't they have the tracking number? I did keep it for a few months, but threw it in the trash probably about a month ago(go figure). I never even fathomed this would/could happen, especially since it's been almost 6 months! ?

It has happened to me once. I always keep my tracking numbers as a precaution. It is the only way you can prove that it was shipped and sent back to their warehouse. They may grant you a one time courtesy...but are no way obligated especially is you don't have tracking information. Just remain calm and courteous on the phone and everything should work out. Good luck.
    09-12-10 12:14 AM
    The tracking number is saved in the account so I am sure they will find it. The esn can be tracked as well as the shipment as long as they filled out the form to track the order, they will credit it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 12:57 AM
    Forgot to add some important info!! The phone they are saying can't be found is the current phone I'm using. Is that correct or is that a mistake? It makes sense to me I suppose, but the CS rep thought that was wierd...
    09-12-10 01:03 AM
    Did you send back the non working phone or the fru phone?

09-12-10 08:13 AM
    Did you send back the non working phone or the fru phone?

Yes, like I said, I either gave it to the Fedex guy or took it to a Fedex box in front of our PO. I exchanged another phone around the same time which is why I can't remember which one.
    09-12-10 08:42 AM
    Those would be very important details to know. Verizon is going off the ESN number and according to their information, the phone that should have been returned is active on your line right now. If that's true and you sent back the wrong phone, I doubt you'll see a credit.

09-12-10 09:51 AM
    Ok, Verizon told ME that the phone they are looking for is currently active on my line. They already know this. Not my problem. And there is no way you can send back the 'wrong phone'. As long as they get either the replacement phone or the FRU phone, that's all that matters. I called today and it was tracked back to the warehouse so I guess all I need to do is cross my fingers that they find the damn phone.

Those would be very important details to know. Verizon is going off the ESN number and according to their information, the phone that should have been returned is active on your line right now. If that's true and you sent back the wrong phone, I doubt you'll see a credit.

09-12-10 10:00 AM
    What I suggest for important packages ($650 applies) is to go to the FedEx (or UPS) website and track the package until it arrival is confirmed. I have the website send my BB a delivery confirmation email for a easy to recall record of arrival. Easy to setup, and automatic in this electronic age.
    09-13-10 10:17 AM
    Just for reference, the matter has been resolved! I called CS this morning and the full price of the phone + taxes, etc. is being credited to my account. I guess if this happens to you, just keep calling and make sure you record the date and location you sent it.
    09-14-10 01:11 PM
    I'm glad to hear. I was sure it was going to get fixed, sometimes they just need that push. The warehouse that processes the returns and credits can be slow sometimes.
    09-14-10 01:58 PM
    When I sent my Tour in a month ago, they sent me a text message when they received it. I didn't drop it off in a box or on my porch to be picked up either, I went to a fedex location and watched them scan it into the system and requested a receipt at that time also as further proof. Might not be a bad idea to consider doing that next time. Just makes for an added bit of security/loss prevention since if someone steals it from your porch or the box, you're on the hook for that, although luckily that wasn't the case this time...
    09-15-10 12:12 AM
    That's great that it all worked out!
    09-15-10 08:53 AM
    Well, I actually handed the package to the Fedex guy when he delivered my new phone. I wouldn't leave it on my porch. And there is no Fedex location in my town, just drop boxes. And in this case, it wasn't a problem w/Fedex; it was the actual warehouse. But I'll definitely be more careful to record when and where I send the phone.

When I sent my Tour in a month ago, they sent me a text message when they received it. I didn't drop it off in a box or on my porch to be picked up either, I went to a fedex location and watched them scan it into the system and requested a receipt at that time also as further proof. Might not be a bad idea to consider doing that next time. Just makes for an added bit of security/loss prevention since if someone steals it from your porch or the box, you're on the hook for that, although luckily that wasn't the case this time...
    09-15-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD