I have been a loyal vzw customer for a few years. Ever since I purchased my storm and renewed my contract in november I have been getting weird bills with a 387 dollar charge with no explanation on the bill. I have called verizon and they always say there must have been a mistake and they remove it after half an hour on the phone and talking to a supervisor.

Now I realize it is good they are removing it, but I am sick of spending so much time on the phone with them every month. Plus when I sent back my first two storms they charged me for both and when I called they claimed it was misplaced in the wearhouse. I feel that they are trying to cheat me out of money hoping I am paying the bill blindly. They were charging me alot of extra money a few years ago, but they stopped doing that after 6 months.

I am at a total loss and want to get out of my contract early. Is there any possible way to do this for free? Att is looking better and better every day and with there much more stable iphone and bold its making the choice even more tempting. I love my storm and vzw network, but I am fully willing to leave the company even if I have to pay just due to their incompetence.

I by no means am trying to start any fights and I am willing to clarify anything if someone doesnt understand my arguement. I was in a rush writing this so I am sure its a bit choppy.
    03-03-09 11:13 AM
    There will be billing issuses with any carrier. So you go to Att, Tmobile, whatever, and have a billing issue... then what? Pay another ETF?

I can not imagine Verizon is trying to cheat you. Give them a chance to fix it.
    03-03-09 11:19 AM
    I have been a loyal vzw customer for a few years. Ever since I purchased my storm and renewed my contract in november I have been getting weird bills with a 387 dollar charge with no explanation on the bill. I have called verizon and they always say there must have been a mistake and they remove it after half an hour on the phone and talking to a supervisor.

Now I realize it is good they are removing it, but I am sick of spending so much time on the phone with them every month. Plus when I sent back my first two storms they charged me for both and when I called they claimed it was misplaced in the wearhouse. I feel that they are trying to cheat me out of money hoping I am paying the bill blindly. They were charging me alot of extra money a few years ago, but they stopped doing that after 6 months.

I am at a total loss and want to get out of my contract early. Is there any possible way to do this for free? Att is looking better and better every day and with there much more stable iphone and bold its making the choice even more tempting. I love my storm and vzw network, but I am fully willing to leave the company even if I have to pay just due to their incompetence.

I by no means am trying to start any fights and I am willing to clarify anything if someone doesnt understand my arguement. I was in a rush writing this so I am sure its a bit choppy.
    387 dollar charges don't just show up for no reason at all. It almost sounds like you are delinquent in sending your replacement phones back.

No there is no "free" way to get out of your contract. It is prorated though, so if you want to leave, every month you fullfill five dollars will be removed.
    03-03-09 11:41 AM
    $387 with no explanation on the bill? VZW has always tended to go above & beyond in explaining everything on the phone. What did they tell you when you called?

I'd have to go with what Scott said - there has to be something triggering it. If that issue is not resolved, you can switch all you want - the charge will still be there and credit may be adversely affected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 12:50 PM
    Maybe they have explained everything for you TwinsX2Dad, but I understand the frustration having to call in every month. VZW makes mistakes on the billing all the time. Usually it is an understandable mistake but ugh...
    03-03-09 12:59 PM
    I hear you, but I get the feeling we're not getting the whole story.

03-03-09 01:02 PM
    Well I have a 1400 minute family plan with unlimited texting from verizon with just me and my wife on it. So I didnt go over on texting. Plus 90 percent of our calling is done between other people with verizon. I have sent back both storms one day after recieving the replacement. I am at a total loss on why this would be happening and its frustrating. I am going to give verizon one more month, but if it happens again im gone.

Also to the person who asked what they said to me. Pretty much when I talked to them they said its from me not paying my bills and them transfering over. Altho I have never missed a payment, not even once and they keep removing it and it keeps comming back.

EDIT- on the statement it does not show any of the information they tell me on the phone and in there computers it shows I have previously paid. Thats why I think they are trying to screw me over or something. Really I can only speculate on why or what is going on.
    03-03-09 01:35 PM
    Were you previously Alltel or Qwest?

03-03-09 02:11 PM
    What are the charges for? What exactly does it say? $387 is a lot of money. It will say "Equipment" "voice" "data" whatever.
    03-03-09 02:45 PM
    Well I have a 1400 minute family plan with unlimited texting from verizon with just me and my wife on it. So I didnt go over on texting. Plus 90 percent of our calling is done between other people with verizon. I have sent back both storms one day after recieving the replacement. I am at a total loss on why this would be happening and its frustrating. I am going to give verizon one more month, but if it happens again im gone.

Also to the person who asked what they said to me. Pretty much when I talked to them they said its from me not paying my bills and them transfering over. Altho I have never missed a payment, not even once and they keep removing it and it keeps comming back.

EDIT- on the statement it does not show any of the information they tell me on the phone and in there computers it shows I have previously paid. Thats why I think they are trying to screw me over or something. Really I can only speculate on why or what is going on.
    If the charge keeps coming back, there must be a reason for it. That's a pretty huge charge, and if it was a glitch, the same number wouldn't keep showing up on your bill month after month.
    03-03-09 03:00 PM
    Pretty much when I talked to them they said its from me not paying my bills and them transfering over.
    This is what sticks in my mind. Transferring over from previous billing cycles or from a previous carrier? Could it be transferred from a third-party billing system.

With that size of adjustment, I would think it would automatically get sent for approval.

So, with this in mind, extra-helpful reps remove the charge & note the account. The credit goes to a manager who has access to more info than does the reps. Manager finds that the charge is valid & reverses the credit & it reappears on the bill, possibly as a past-due (non-itemized) amount.

An account & billing audit may be in order, but I am not ready to say the company, no matter which company, is at fault.

03-03-09 03:31 PM
    If I had access to your account, I could explain it
    03-03-09 03:48 PM
    This is what sticks in my mind. Transferring over from previous billing cycles or from a previous carrier? Could it be transferred from a third-party billing system.

With that size of adjustment, I would think it would automatically get sent for approval.

So, with this in mind, extra-helpful reps remove the charge & note the account. The credit goes to a manager who has access to more info than does the reps. Manager finds that the charge is valid & reverses the credit & it reappears on the bill, possibly as a past-due (non-itemized) amount.

An account & billing audit may be in order, but I am not ready to say the company, no matter which company, is at fault.

Or perhaps when you got the credits for your storm, it cleared any balance previously or currently owed, so technically it looked like the storms were never credited off.

03-03-09 05:20 PM
    It wouldn't transfer over from a previous carrier. They would just owe Qwest or Alltell.
    03-03-09 06:16 PM
    If I had access to your account, I could explain it
    Just dial 611 and ask to speak with Weekendbum.

03-03-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD