Anyone been able to install bbmaps with the new os?
    03-03-09 11:35 AM
    BBMAPS is up and running! Just had to change my theme! VZW TECH REPS are kinda dumb! haha!
    03-03-09 12:07 PM
    Well, was getting ready to respond to your PM & saw this.

Whenever you have an app issue, one of the first things to check is your theme. Probably half of my issues have been theme-related.

Did VZW release 4.5 for the 8830WE or are you using the Bell release? If you're using Bell, it isn't VZW tech reps falling off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 12:52 PM
    I originally had the Bell version .127, This morning i seen the sprint os thats a 4.5.0.135 which is supposed to give you more free memory and faster browsing. I seen that bbmaps was in my servive book but i could not find it! So i call Tech support and after about twenty min she said that the WE is only supposed to have 4.2 officially through VZW and since i have a higher os it will not support it. She had me convinced that BBMAPS would not work unless i downgraded to their 4.2. Then i remembered someone mentioning that some apps dont show in certain themes a WAAALLLAAA BBMAPS in all it glory!!!!
    03-03-09 01:09 PM
    You made this statement:
    BBMAPS is up and running! Just had to change my theme! VZW TECH REPS are kinda dumb! haha!
    My response was inferring they aren't dumb - they are not supposed to be giving free advice to correct issues not caused by them.

If you run another carrier's OS, you do so fully at your own risk & immediately forfeit any device support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:00 PM
    Probably shouldnt have said dumb put i would expect them to know that some themes that arent verizons preloaded theme wouldnt show certain icons
    03-03-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD