So I activated my BB and I'm just wondering, can other people like Verizon see who your are BBMing and what you are saying in the conversation? I think with texting you can request to have your texts sent in your bill at the end of the month so you can read them, but does Verizon do that with BBM? I usually don't say anything raunchy or bad but occasionally I throw out a "****" or a "****" in my conversations and I don't want my dad to see them in the bill . Thanks in advance!
    04-18-09 02:41 PM
    no, your BBMs are not logged.

you are safe!

04-18-09 02:41 PM
    Only if you are on a BES server. I do not think that you are. THis would not be VZW either, it is a company that would have this ability
    04-18-09 02:44 PM
    Okay so at the end of the month when my mom/dad get the bill there wont be able to see what I said at all?
    04-18-09 03:06 PM
    Nope - I have never seen a bill either that allows SMS to be seen either.
    04-18-09 03:25 PM
    During the normal course of business, NO your folks will not see what you are texting but take it from me, big brother is always watching and the messages are saved on a server. Each carrier saves them for a different length of time but they are saved.
    04-18-09 04:05 PM
    This may be true, but would take a court order to get them.
    04-18-09 04:09 PM
    Yeah, don't scare the kid too much. He's not going to get caught cursing on bbm unless his folks take his bb.

Password protect it son!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 04:14 PM
    don't worry, you'll be fine. They aren't on the bill.
    04-18-09 09:02 PM
    This may be true, but would take a court order to get them.
    Very true. As was the case with my ex-detroit mayor.
    04-18-09 09:38 PM
    Only if you are on a BES server. I do not think that you are. THis would not be VZW either, it is a company that would have this ability
    So your saying that all the bbming that me and my co workers do
    On our work berrys can get checked?

Last edited by Guarionex; 05-30-09 at 02:16 AM.
    05-30-09 02:11 AM

If they're on a BES server and they have logging set up they know every ounce of data that touches your berry.
    05-30-09 02:17 AM
    I am not even sure if you PIN shows up in the regular VZW screen..

I think only people with BIS access can see it?

I mean I have no clue to be honest as I have never looked at a VZW screen but it didn't seem like they even cared what my pin was when I bought my storm..
    05-30-09 03:11 AM

With a properly configured BES server, they can literally log and read EVERYTHING done on your device other than access the audio of your phone calls.
    05-30-09 04:24 AM

Yes, the company can see all of this
    05-30-09 07:46 AM
    I am not even sure if you PIN shows up in the regular VZW screen..

I think only people with BIS access can see it?

I mean I have no clue to be honest as I have never looked at a VZW screen but it didn't seem like they even cared what my pin was when I bought my storm..
    I for one know on the store level that the only way I have access to a BB pin is if I get it off the box or out of the phone itself. There is no screen that I have run across that I have access to that shows me that information.
    05-30-09 08:57 AM
    Turn off the phone, pull the battery, drive over it several times with a large truck, subject it to 240V, then flush it - VZW still knows what you're thinking, when you eat, when you are having perverse fantasies and when you pass gas.

Or so say the VZW haters.

ahha any cell phone company has track records of the data that passes over there network..

anyone should know that text messages are logged by now...

as far as BES yes there is this implementation but its a security thing. If a company is protecting corporate information they have every right to track what you do on there devices its in the policy that many company's make you sign

as far as them knowing when I take a **** eh if they want that information they can have it hahaha sometimes I wish they would smell it too
    05-30-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD