i believe bbm is part of the internet correct? looking to cut out the email and internet for a lil bit to save up. thanks
    07-22-11 11:14 AM
    You cannot eliminate the BIS plan if VZW is your carrier, since VZW requires a data plan for all smartphones. You do not have the option of choosing a less expensive plan, since the $30/month plan is the cheapest available.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-22-11 at 11:38 AM. Reason: corrected
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    07-22-11 11:20 AM
    i believe thats how they use to be but it's not required now
    07-22-11 11:22 AM
    As lak said, you'll have to go back to a dumbphone if you eliminate BIS from your plan.

False, BIS is required.

You cannot eliminate the BIS plan if VZW is your carrier, since VZW requires a data plan for all smartphones. You do have the option of choosing a less expensive tiered plan. However, if you do so, you will not be able to get the unlimited data plan in the future. Changing your data plan will eliminate you from your grandfathered plan.
    I don't think changing to a tired plan would help; unlimited was $30/mo and now the lowest tiered plan is 2GB for $30/mo, right?
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-22-11 at 11:45 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-22-11 11:29 AM
    I just visited VZW's site. It appears that the $30/month plan is the cheapest available at this time.

Data Package
    07-22-11 11:36 AM
    I just visited VZW's site. It appears that the $30/month plan is the cheapest available at this time.

Data Package
    When I was considering getting my first BB, a friend was selling one and I wanted to try it out before buying it. VZW would not allow a BB ESN on the network without a data plan, period. No exceptions.
    07-22-11 11:44 AM
    so much for that idea. guess i gotta budget somewhere else. thanks all
    07-22-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD