ahh so im new to blackberry and i have a lot of questions

does blackberry messenger use the text messages allowed in a month?

say if i have 5000 out of network im allowed to use, would blackberry messenger use those if i have friends outside of verizon on a blackberry?

and if i have a friend on verizon with a blackberry, it would count towards my unlimited verizon texts ?

i basically just want to know if bbm is based on ur texts or if its just part of the data plan
    06-23-08 11:36 AM
    BB Messenger uses the data plan, not the texts plan. If you have an unlimited data plan, use it as much as you like. It also works on ANY blackberry, regardless of carrier. Again - it does not use text.
    06-23-08 11:38 AM
    on verizon, i paid 30 for a data and email plan. is that the unlimited one or is it the other one?

grr im so confused.

this should be easier but my brain doesnt seem to want to make it that way

theres another one for 45 but ive been told thats for business so im pretty sure i have it but i wanna make sure so i dont have a surprise bill lol
    06-23-08 11:42 AM
    Yes, that should be the unlimited plan. You should be able to BBM your heart out....
    06-23-08 11:44 AM
    Bbm uses data not texting so as long as you have a data plan you're good to go with messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 12:24 PM
    on verizon, i paid 30 for a data and email plan. is that the unlimited one or is it the other one?

grr im so confused.

this should be easier but my brain doesnt seem to want to make it that way

theres another one for 45 but ive been told thats for business so im pretty sure i have it but i wanna make sure so i dont have a surprise bill lol
    You are correct. The $30 plan is for users who are using corporate email. All corporate email users need the $45 dollar plan. Sounds like you are good to go!
    06-23-08 04:00 PM
    You have the right plan. Message all you like to, get your monies worth.

06-23-08 04:06 PM
    Yea you're good. When I first got my data plan I was worried that I would be charged but its unlimited.

06-23-08 05:07 PM
    As long as you have a data plan, you can use bbm all you want.
    06-23-08 05:13 PM
    thank you everyone!

i will definitely be using bbm so much now that i know i don't have to worry about it.

i asked my friend, who has the blackberry, and she didn't even know lol

well thank you for being well informed and keeping me in the loop!
    06-23-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD