I just purchased the 8330 form Vzw. Made the switch from the MotoQ. Love the phone to pieces, I can't let go of it. Although, I'm curious if I should have waited for the BB Bold or Thunder. I'm pretty sure I want a phsyical KB, if not, it has to be as good as the iPhone's KB...

What do you guys think? Should I return my BB and just wait for the Bold/Thunder or should I keep it...

I could also sell it down the road.
    07-15-08 01:14 PM
    Welcome to CB! The Curve is a great device. There's no way to know how long the wait will be for the Bold or Thunder on VZW. Enjoy your Curve.
    07-15-08 01:23 PM
    not evening knowing when bold is coming out for AT&T I would keep it. Verizon is always months if not a year behind on getting the latest BB device. Enjoy your curve cause they are awesome!
    07-15-08 01:34 PM
    not evening knowing when bold is coming out for AT&T I would keep it. Verizon is always months if not a year behind on getting the latest BB device. Enjoy your curve cause they are awesome!
    Thanks guys!

I wish I made this switch a long time ago. Honestly, these BB's are the perfect phone. Everything works the way it should on here. Being a big tech dork, I'm surprised I didn't make this switch a long time ago.

Only problem I'm having is finding apps to load onto the BB and themes. It seems that everything (including themes) are to be paid for only!

Can I even make my own? I'm pretty good with Photoshop, although I don't have too much time in the summer...

Is there like a newbie guide/sticky on here?
    07-15-08 03:16 PM
    Verizon probably won't see the Bold for a while. As for the Thunder you could always buy it for full price then sell the curve on eBay to offset most of it. Tha's what I'm planning on doing.
    07-17-08 09:01 AM
    I would personally wait, but that's because I'm sick of phones with 320 240 screens like your Moto Q and Curve have. Once you see a screen with a larger resolution you'll never want a QVGA phone again. Surfing the net on QVGA is just plain awful these days which such a limited amount that can be shown on screen.

This is a good example of why the larger screen resolutions are better. Granted this was compared with a VGA device, but it still holds true for the new resolutions that will be found on BB devices.

Last edited by vaxick; 07-17-08 at 09:26 AM.
    07-17-08 09:23 AM
    I just purchased the 8330 form Vzw. Made the switch from the MotoQ.
    Excellent choice. About three months ago, my wife was about to get a new phone and was torn between the new VZW Pearl and the MotoQ. She went with the MotoQ because she wanted the Windows software. Well, her phone locks up almost daily requiring a hard power cycle or battery pull. One time she couldn't even make calls on it without pulling the battery. Yesterday it wouldn't even turn on without a battery pull. I think she's slowly starting to regret her decision even though she won't admit it. I keep telling her to take it back while it's still under warranty, but she won't do it.
    07-17-08 11:44 AM
    CURVE! all the way! I like the way the curve looks in comparison to the Bold and the Thunder........ mmmmmmmm I REALLY need a dedicated keypad.... touch screens are cool and all, but for the amount of messages I send I NEED a keypad....

I LOVE my curve!!
    07-17-08 01:08 PM
    Im not a fan of the full touch screen that the thunder will have-the bold is ok but I couldnt wait to upgrade my phone since my phone had already taken a **** on me....so i got the curve. I dont really like the setup and look of the bold-it looks weird to me but that could just be b/c I am used to seeing the curve
    07-17-08 01:13 PM
    To give you a idea how much I like my Curve on VZ, I returned a new iPhone 3G and came back to the Curve. For my uses, the Curve is perfect. If the Bold ever comes to VZ, I will buy that but until then, Curve is the best for me.
    07-20-08 09:38 PM
    What's with the mass oversight on the Niagara? It's the verizon exclusive of the bold, so the bold may be coming to vzw sooner than you may think.
    07-21-08 08:29 PM
    I have had a curve for 2 mos now 1 mo with sprint and then we ported to VZW and I got another one!!

Absolutely love it, Bold looks ok, but not sure about keyboard on it. Love the curve keyboard.

My husband had an HTC mogul with sprint didnt want anything to do with a BB Got him a curve and now he addicted too!
    07-21-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD