My blackberry tour's ball is sticking a lot. I am trying to decide if it is a warranty issue or a insurance issue. My tour will be a year old in October. Anyone know which way I need to go? I don't want to screw verizon or anyone else, but it is really getting annoying. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 10:19 PM
    Give Verizon a call. My friend's trackball wasn't really working anymore and they sent her a refurb. The trackball works fine on it. Might get lucky and get a Bold...not likely but who knows.
    08-14-10 10:54 PM
    My blackberry tour's ball is sticking a lot. I am trying to decide if it is a warranty issue or a insurance issue. My tour will be a year old in October. Anyone know which way I need to go? I don't want to screw verizon or anyone else, but it is really getting annoying. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Find out how much your insurance deductible is, and what phone they are sending as replacements. I thought that for insurance claims they were replacing the tours with Bolds as the Tour is not being carried any more, but that for warranty exchanges the Tours were being replaced with Refurb Tours.
    08-15-10 02:29 AM
    How do you find out what they r sending as a replacement? Do I just call assiron and ask?

08-15-10 06:40 AM
    You can go on asurions website and start a claim there. When I lost my tour, I entered the claim online. After asking which model phone to replace, a box popped up and asked if a Bold would be acceptable, as they did not have any Tours. I entered my claim at 10:00 pm and at 9:30 am the next morning I had a brand new Bold sealed in the box.
    08-15-10 06:54 AM
    I doubt I will have any luck getting a bold either which way and to be honest I just want my phone to work for about another 6 months when I upgrade to a touch screen so I am not worried about getting a bold or not. I just do not want to use warranty and it is not covered by warranty and then be stuck paying full price for a phone I am not interested in keeping for awhile. I am trying to think of a fair way to get a working phone for a few months.
    08-15-10 07:38 AM
    I would definitely go through Verizon as a warranty replacement. If you're still within your first year do that. Verizon has no deductible and you might even get a Bold as the replacement. There is a threat with over 2000 replies of people receiving a Bold for their Tour. Insurance will come in handy for after the year mark. There is usually at least a 50 deductable.

08-15-10 11:21 AM
    Warranty replacement.....I am on my 3rd Tour and finally have a winner

Good luck!

08-15-10 07:09 PM
    Go with warranty if it's available. No deductible. I just called and requested a replacement for the unstable signal and random reboot issue.

08-15-10 07:16 PM
    Well I called Verizon and they sent my warranty phone 2 day mail so I am guessing I will receive it Tuesday. From what I gathered they are sending me another Tour, so no luck witha bold but oh well. Thanks everyone!

08-15-10 08:24 PM
    Congrats, hopefully it works better for you.
    08-15-10 09:54 PM
    And if it doesn't work better or has other issues, I wouldn't feel bad at all about calling them back, explain that the replacement has issues too and request another.

08-16-10 04:08 AM
    Good luck BK82!
    08-16-10 08:51 AM
    Why does it seem everyone has trackball issues.

08-16-10 09:39 PM
    Why does it seem everyone has trackball issues.

That question is why BB did away with them once and for all. I have a Tour and the trackball sticks every so often but not enough to get a replacement. I was lucky when I got mine back in Nov '09 when I came over to Verizon.
    08-16-10 10:40 PM
    When VZW was giving out Bolds as replacments a lot of people had "trackball issues" so they could get another phone. People are still trying. That could be why a lot of people still having trackball issues.

08-16-10 10:50 PM
    Trackballs aren't the best if you're going to be outdoors, pocket carrying, or dusty environments, since they can get a bunch of junk in there and bind things up. The trackball isn't easily removable for cleaning which makes it worse since it's not really user servicable.

Mine has stuck a lot of times but I've always been able to get it rolling again with paper, air duster cans, and patience...

08-17-10 05:06 AM
    Mine got stuck one time for like 24 hours. It would roll up or sideways but not down. It drove me nuts. Well thank goodness for replacements but as soon as I am able I can see a bold or storm in my future lol. I knew I shouldn't have got anything with a trackball. I went through 6 bb pearls for the same reason.

08-17-10 05:57 AM
    Warranty.
    Anything that is not physical damage is warranty.
    If it's less that a year definitely warranty.
    I pay the $1.99 a month to get extended warranty.
    My wife's Storm just croaked. Walked into a VZW store and walked out with a "like new" device that we tested there before we left.
    08-17-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD