So I get a new Tour, works awesome! loved the phone. My q falls off. I call verizon(within 2 weeks) not thinking anything and they were very nice said go to store get a replacement, so I do. Get home start looking at phone. I didnt let them transfer my numbers as I had a back up at home and this is my main business line. Phone has someone elses numbers in memory. Phone is definately used. New phone locks up/freezes a lot (probably why it was returned). I call Verizon, they say "well you got a re-certified phone because any phone returned under 30 days gets a recertified phone" I paid $150 for a "NEW" phone. Now I have a phone that has dust (if u have a tour u know the space just under the screen where lint,dust collects) now I am very picky about my phones and it drives me crazy to see the dust there. My NEW phone was perfect (cept the missing "q") I file a complaint with Verizon. They say that's what you get when ur phone is broken, recertified. So I get upset and say , forget it, I am going back to my curve. "Sorry, you cant return the phone as you have replaced it" ??? Yeah I am comfused at this point as well. So it seems that if your ORIGINAL phone breaks the minute you walk out of the store. You are screwed. The 30 days is only for the "Original" phone..... Amazing what they get away with, I am just glad only 1 of my lines has a contract. At least I learned my lesson and can take my 4 lines somewhere else. Their service is the best... but their business practices leaves something to be desired.
    11-01-09 10:44 PM
    I would go back to the store. If you bought it from a corporate store you're entitled to the dead on arrival program and would get a new tour (sealed in a new bb box and everything) the like new phones come in a brown box w/ no battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:58 PM
    I bought it online. I saw them open up a box, i just assumed it was new. Verizon lady is suppoed to call me tomorrow to let me know what they want to do. I have till the 6th. Although it seems at this point I am screwed.
    11-01-09 11:00 PM
    I don't think ure screwed. Unless there is something ure leaving out the Verizon rep ure talking to is wrong. I would just bring all ur entire box into the store and do a full swap. Ask them not to even open the new box.

11-01-09 11:04 PM
    How does a "q" just fall out? Thats a little unusual.
    11-02-09 12:25 AM
    [QUOTE=supermario28;3980583]How does a "q" just fall out? Thats a little unusual.[/QUOTE)

The Q on my first tour didn't work at all

11-02-09 12:37 AM
    I can understand it not working, but falling out?....

"here I am walking down the street, what the! My "Q"! I just dropped my "Q"."
    11-02-09 12:45 AM
    How does a "q" just fall out? Thats a little unusual.
    Not really - I wrote in these pages about the original Tour order placed for my company where we sent them all back. Besides radio performance issues, the keyboards are junk. We found the Q to not be working on some & on the prototypes, we experienced several keyboard problems - including keys coming out. I had one that was dropped from a desk & two keys freed themselves & scurried across the floor in total fear - one under the desk. Took us awhile to find the little booger.

This is the unpredictable VZW we're talking about here - policies seem to appear out of nowhere & no one can get them straight, especially the reps - so it is difficult to determine if you're screwed or not. If they judged the escapee Q to be damage, you may be.
    11-02-09 12:47 AM
    Not really - I wrote in these pages about the original Tour order placed for my company where we sent them all back. Besides radio performance issues, the keyboards are junk. We found the Q to not be working on some & on the prototypes, we experienced several keyboard problems - including keys coming out. I had one that was dropped from a desk & two keys freed themselves & scurried across the floor in total fear - one under the desk. Took us awhile to find the little booger.

This is the unpredictable VZW we're talking about here - policies seem to appear out of nowhere & no one can get them straight, especially the reps - so it is difficult to determine if you're screwed or not. If they judged the escapee Q to be damage, you may be.
    It's just I run into quite a bit, never this though. But hey I really hate my Tour right now because of the stupid trackball.

For the OP, go to a different store, be nice, real nice, and explain the situation and see if they can replace it for you there.
    11-02-09 12:58 AM
    But hey I really hate my Tour right now because of the stupid trackball.
    May I suggest insurance & a sledgehammer?
    11-02-09 01:27 AM
    IMPACT RESET!

Good call on the key's Twinz I'll keep that in mind when I roll my eyes at a customer who say's the key's just "fell out"
    I'll give them somewhat of the benefit of the doubt.
    11-02-09 08:09 AM
    May I suggest insurance & a sledgehammer?
    Hmmm maybe VZW will GIVE me a TP2 for my trouble, lol!
    11-03-09 10:47 AM
    No.

11-03-09 12:47 PM
    Why ?
    11-03-09 12:50 PM
    He'll get a new Tour at the store or he can WFG it and get a TP2 by paying the additional amount.

11-03-09 12:54 PM
    Sometimes sarcasm is lost in written text, but anywho guys, I was joking. I was mocking others.......Thanks for playing.
    11-03-09 01:22 PM
    I just got a chance to handle a Tour in the store yesterday. It was anchored down and annoying, I didn't get a chance to really type on it.

But something was different. Now I realize that each key was it's own deal, not the big rubber keypad I'm use to on the 8330. I'd prefer to keep the ability to drop my phone without keys flying off, thanks.
    11-03-09 07:15 PM
    I just got a chance to handle a Tour in the store yesterday. It was anchored down and annoying, I didn't get a chance to really type on it.

But something was different. Now I realize that each key was it's own deal, not the big rubber keypad I'm use to on the 8330. I'd prefer to keep the ability to drop my phone without keys flying off, thanks.
    Kind of chintzy & cheesy feeling, isn't it?

Built to a price-point is never a good thing.

11-03-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD