HELP.....

My Blackberry Storm won't stay connected to the Verizon Network Extender.....

When it does, I've got full bars and can have great conversations but it rarely stays connected.

Most of the time, I've got no bars and I'm less than 6 feet away from extender.

Any advice?

thanks
    CATFREE
    09-09-09 09:50 PM
    So from what I understand, you're having trouble keeping your Storm connected to the network extender? I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem, but I'll be happy to help you today. Basically we're going to go over coverage information and basic info around the extender and the storm.

How long has this issue been happening? Has the Storm ever worked with it? If you go outside do you have signal? How fast is your broadband connection, and how many computers are using it? Are there other VZW phones that are using it? If so, how many? Please do not forget the Network Extender supports only 3 open lines with one extra held aside for E-911 service. Also, when you first connect TO the network extender, are you standing within a few feet of the extender? Also don't forget there's information on this to be found at http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=bhbRZmIH to make sure your setup is correct.

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions and concerns today. I'd like to thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless... Our customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:00 PM
    *blach*
    I just had to puke...
    Good call sequencing though... Bravo.

OP this is a good one to actually call tech support for
    800-922-0204 opt 3

09-09-09 10:03 PM
    Thanks lol

09-09-09 10:07 PM
    Agree with heather, there are many variables that can cause this concern. by calling VZW tech support, they will run all the trouble shooting. There are times where it may become an issue that would be escalated to the network group.
    09-09-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks...sorry i didn't mention that after 2 hours on with VZW tech support there still was no solution.

Here are answers to your questions:
    Storm purchased this past Saturday, extender purchased on Sunday. No other VZW phones using this extender. We have a 3M DSL connection with two computers accessing it via a D-Link Router. Extender is also plugged into this router.

Storm has never consistently connected to the extender...even when its within 6 inches of it. Outside of house we have 2-3 bars....inside 0-1 without extender.

I'm sure its set up is correct...all blue lights lite and we can occassionally connect it just doesnt stay connected. When connected we can dial the *48 and get the confirmation message that we're using extender. End that call and try and make another and back to no bars/no signal/no call.

Guess I can try tech support again, got plenty of beer to last the 2 plus hours.

Thanks,
    CATFREE
    09-09-09 10:53 PM
    Do you know anyone else that has a VZW phone? Maybe they can come over to see if they can maintain a connection on your NE. Or take your NE to someone else's house and hook it up. I know it's really inconvenient but at least this way you can narrow down the issue to the phone, NE, or your internet connection.
    09-09-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD