04-17-10 11:52 AM
27 12
tools
    So over the course of the last few months, I've had nothing but problems with my BB Storm. It is my 5th Storm. A few new phones due to me dropping in sink. Well I'm stuck without a phone now (turns out a phone vs a washing machine... the washing machine wins hands down). I have insurance, but wondering;

Do the replacement phones come from VZ or do they come from 3rd party?

If the phone comes from VZ, and their website says "Out of Stock" for the Storm, will I get a Storm2?

What are the chances of me getting a "refurbished" Storm?

I haven't started the insurance claim yet... just thought I would ask.
    04-09-10 09:25 AM
    You should really do a search..

If it's a warranty issue (defective, etc) it comes from the carrier, ie Verizon. Their site says out of stock for NEW Storms. They keep a whole ****load of them for people getting replacements, probably all refurbished.

If it's a you ****** up your phone issue, it comes from Asurion or whatever I believe.

To answer your question, no, there is absolutely no chance you'll get a Storm 2. You'll be getting a refurbished Storm.
    04-09-10 09:54 AM
    +1 you'll be getting a storm 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 11:21 AM
    Storm 1 and even with VZW they will send a Storm1 once they have them in stock but they have enough refubs to not be out of stock. I personally like the refurbs better.

04-09-10 09:53 PM
    The only way you would get a Storm 2 is through Asurion and that is if they don't have the first one in stock.
    04-10-10 12:44 AM
    You could get my old blacked out S1, they probably sent it back in, fixed it and now its either in a warehouse or in someone's hands.
    04-10-10 12:57 AM
    So over the course of the last few months, I've had nothing but problems with my BB Storm. It is my 5th Storm. A few new phones due to me dropping in sink. Well I'm stuck without a phone now (turns out a phone vs a washing machine... the washing machine wins hands down). I have insurance, but wondering;

Do the replacement phones come from VZ or do they come from 3rd party?

If the phone comes from VZ, and their website says "Out of Stock" for the Storm, will I get a Storm2?

What are the chances of me getting a "refurbished" Storm?

I haven't started the insurance claim yet... just thought I would ask.

1.usually if you have insurance through verizon then you will get your new phone from a 3rd party they contract with,

2.no you wont get a storm 2 they will only cover the model you make the claim about,

3.and 50/50 on gettin a rferb phone.
    04-11-10 02:13 PM
    Asurion will sometimes give a comparible device when they are out of the one you started with. However, that scenario is relatively rare.
    04-11-10 02:38 PM
    I think they have plenty of Storm1's to still give out. They have enough for years.

04-11-10 08:41 PM
    because they had to keep making replacements for faulty devices
    04-14-10 11:31 AM
    just a little hint. This doesn't work with "you ***** up returns" but with broken phones. I had a env1 back in the day that was defective. I returned it 5 times to vzw for problems. On the fith time i remember back when i had my lg flip. I complained about down time and blah blah blah and got the next model up from the phone i had at no charge as a sorry. Did that with my env and got the env2 for free. Granted i hated that phone more then the env1 but it was still a upgrade lol
    04-14-10 12:08 PM
    If I understand the OP correctly though, the vast majority of returns was due to his own screwups (c'mon, you've dropped your phone in the sink MULTIPLES times?) not phone defects. You can bet, you won't be getting a brand new replacement nor will you get a Storm 2. In fact, with his track record, he'll be lucky if they even keep him as a customer
    04-14-10 12:12 PM
    If I understand the OP correctly though, the vast majority of returns was due to his own screwups (c'mon, you've dropped your phone in the sink MULTIPLES times?) not phone defects. You can bet, you won't be getting a brand new replacement nor will you get a Storm 2. In fact, with his track record, he'll be lucky if they even keep him as a customer
    After 2 claims with Asurion, they'll drop him anyway, then he will not be covered when he keeps dropping his phone.
    04-14-10 12:51 PM
    Is that standard Asurion policy? Wow....while I would understand in cases of abuse or sheer stupidity, I also realize that isht does happen and someone might actually have two occurrences that are totally legit, yet they'd lose their insurance? Reminds me of cases where people have had car insurance with the same company for years and years and yet, one claim (let alone two) and bam, they're toast.

After 2 claims with Asurion, they'll drop him anyway, then he will not be covered when he keeps dropping his phone.
    04-14-10 12:57 PM
    Is that standard Asurion policy? Wow....while I would understand in cases of abuse or sheer stupidity, I also realize that isht does happen and someone might actually have two occurrences that are totally legit, yet they'd lose their insurance? Reminds me of cases where people have had car insurance with the same company for years and years and yet, one claim (let alone two) and bam, they're toast.
    Yeah Asurion is the same way.
    04-14-10 02:00 PM
    well then, me thinks 'ole mlschris is SOL. LOL.
    04-14-10 02:03 PM
    well then, me thinks 'ole mlschris is SOL. LOL.
    Me thinks the same!
    04-14-10 02:04 PM
    You will get a Storm 1. This is what annoys me with Verizon. After the second time, they should allow you to get a different phone. And BlackBerry, do you realize that this product is causing you to lose market-share? Stick to what you're good at! End of my vent!
    04-14-10 02:10 PM
    You will get a Storm 1. This is what annoys me with Verizon. After the second time, they should allow you to get a different phone. And BlackBerry, do you realize that this product is causing you to lose market-share? Stick to what you're good at! End of my vent!
    Oh yeah, that will happen. VzW is not a business of making money, they would love to just hand out new phones any time some one has "issues". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    04-14-10 02:14 PM
    I hear you, eric, and, to a certain degree, agree. However, the very reason that VZW ended it's multi-FRU policy was because of abuse. As hard as some are able to believe this, there were millions of S1 users who were satisfied. I was one. Had my S1 for one full year and never experienced the problems people complained of. In fact, it was just two weeks before I planned to upgrade to the 2, that I did experience my first problem with the 1 and, after speaking with RIM Tech Support and unable to resolve the issue, they offered to send me a replacement. Interestingly, after it arrived and I was preparing my original to return, I discovered that doing a factory reset fixed the problem, I never really needed a replacement.

I'm not saying that the problem percentage was acceptable (none of us will ever know the real number and we can't go by what we see here as the vast majority of people that report here, are reporting problems. Those that are satisfied typically don't bother coming here to report that). It is so often, not just in the cell world, but other retail businesses as well, that abuse causes restrictions and restrictions make it difficult on the rest of us. Just look at how often you see people posting scams they've run ("I had a small scratch on my bezel, so I called and complained about the keys not working properly and they're sending me a replacement.") Those things just tick me off!

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-14-10 at 02:18 PM.
    04-14-10 02:16 PM
    I'm with the above member. I had a S1 for a very short time when I was with TMO. Never had a single problem with the phone. The few problems that I did have were because it was running on a GSM network. Even those were fixed with a little tinkering.

I believe there are too many people on these boards that look for problems for a reason to complain. The S1 was, and is, still a great phone in my mind.

04-14-10 03:47 PM
    Storm is no where near old enough to be out of stock on the refurb side. So look forward to seeing your "factory like new" device arrive the day after you make your claim. Do it on Asurion's site, if done by 11pm you'll have it next day.
    04-15-10 10:37 AM
    I just got a replacement Storm 1 from Asurion. When I filled out the online form, I tried to get the Storm 2 just to see what would happen but they didn't allow me. Oh well
    04-16-10 02:22 PM
    i just got a replacement storm 1 from asurion. When i filled out the online form, i tried to get the storm 2 just to see what would happen but they didn't allow me. Oh well
    hahahahahahahaha
    04-16-10 11:14 PM
    I'm keep havin problem with storm 1 this 6 phone I Call Verizon n they said I could upgrade or buy certified pre owned phone for $50 n they give a list of the phone that u could get.. so I don't know what to do but in tired of storm 1

04-17-10 02:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD