On my too many to count replacement S2 that was a replacement for my original S1. This phone just plain sucks and I need to find a replacement. One that will actually run the few trivial apps I like without hoarking up a lung and one that will also get email without a multiple hour delay, and doesn't need the battery pulled every other day so it can function.

My contract has been up for many months now and I have been holding off getting a new phone in hopes that the HTC HD phone was going to land, but that never transpired. I am having a hard time shelling out any money for the current lineup of Verizon phones as it seems most of them are already on the way out. Just can't see the point of burning up my NE2 on a device that isn't sticking around for a while...

I know that it is impossible to keep up with technology these days as it seems that Verizon is releasing a new Droid every 27 seconds, but is there a site or new roadmap for Verizon phones that anyone can recommend? I am not sure how much longer I can hold off upgrading and/or tolerate this S2.
    12-08-10 11:47 AM
    I love my X. It does what you are asking and more.
    12-08-10 12:03 PM
    I would think this is the current holiday lineup of devices....so if you don't like what they have now your going to be waiting till next year.

I just went from Storm to a Droid2 on the BOGO deal.
    12-08-10 12:03 PM
    You would be best off waiting another month for CES 2011. Verizon is supposed to be announcing around half a dozen LTE devices.
    12-08-10 12:05 PM
    You would be best off waiting another month for CES 2011. Verizon is supposed to be announcing around half a dozen LTE devices.
    I know...and my upgrade is in Feb!
    12-08-10 12:09 PM
    I have no idea what's on the horizon as far as CES is concerned, also I have no idea if I would benefit from a new 4G device. I guess if NetFlix worked I could become a 4G junkie.

It's rather comical, at least to me, that I have this supposed power house of a phone that buckles at the knees when only running two apps(FB and Weatherbug) and email. So much so all I have running now is my email and that lately has had a 3+hr delay receiving mail. I also love Verizon's solutions. Wipe, rinse, repeat. Oh that didn't work, we'll send you another S2 overnight. But it will have the exact same issues, yes we know but that's what we do.

And wouldn't ya know it? I am having screen issues this morning with spaztic typing. Screen either won't click or one click produces many, many characters...Ugh.... My tolerance level is getting low, needs a recharge lol.
    12-08-10 12:22 PM
    I have no idea what's on the horizon as far as CES is concerned, also I have no idea if I would benefit from a new 4G device. I guess if NetFlix worked I could become a 4G junkie.

It's rather comical, at least to me, that I have this supposed power house of a phone that buckles at the knees when only running two apps(FB and Weatherbug) and email. So much so all I have running now is my email and that lately has had a 3+hr delay receiving mail. I also love Verizon's solutions. Wipe, rinse, repeat. Oh that didn't work, we'll send you another S2 overnight. But it will have the exact same issues, yes we know but that's what we do.

And wouldn't ya know it? I am having screen issues this morning with spaztic typing. Screen either won't click or one click produces many, many characters...Ugh.... My tolerance level is getting low, needs a recharge lol.
    What OS are you running? Sounds like you have an S2 but your device says S1. Haven't used Weatherbug since my S1 days but I remember it being a hog and a half. BerryWeather is where it is at.

Not only will these devices be LTE (a big plus if you have coverage) but I highly doubt they will be slouch phones feature wise if they are throwing LTE into them.
    12-08-10 12:34 PM
    The problem is RIM. The technology is there, other devices have it. Other devices out right now are not LTE and are better then the BB line up. But BB is good in it's own way for certain things, just not many. I say moving to another platform will ease some of the frustrations. If you want to save your upgrade, buy used.
    12-08-10 12:49 PM
    ..... Just can't see the point of burning up my NE2 on a device that isn't sticking around for a while...
    What do you consider "sticking around a while"? With today's technology constantly changing, a phone is old after 6 months. If you keeps going by the though of waiting for a phone to stick around a while you will be waiting a very long time. You have to deside if the current phones meet what you want in a phone. If they do they buy one.

Yes, you can wait for CES 2011. Personally, that's what I'm going to do. But remember, there is no guarantee there will a show stopping announcement either.
    12-08-10 02:49 PM
    I'd buy used, and not deal with the sales tax you might be subjected to, when going through the carrier.
    12-08-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD