10-31-09 08:45 AM
44 12
tools
    sorry with your problems hope it works out
    10-30-09 04:43 PM
    This is just another **** and moan post, with the hopes fellow crackberry'ers can give me advice.

(Edit - I won't quote it all when everyone can read it themselves)

I was so mad that i just hung up on her. I didnt want to make an *** of myself so i just hung up. but seriously WHAT THE ****! I just had to vent on how verizon sucks major youknowwhat. Any advice? EBay?
    So why is it VZW sucks? They didn't make the phone & they didn't force you to buy it or keep it beyond the 30 day WFG.

Here is my advice - blame RIM. They made it & have failed to make good on it. And the S2 is no better. When I had problems with several dozen Tours, I sent them back & bought devices from a different manufacturer.

If you stay with the brand that gave you such problems, it is your fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:08 PM
    And just now I got off the phone with a super useless VZW tech support person.
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine and supposed entitlement? If you're a d*ck dont expect us to be nice
    My issue with this phone is that if there is any kind of SLIGHTLY humid (i.e. MY GODDAMN POCKET) .
    Buy a case genius

"VZW Bible of Absent Technological Knowledge"
    You called in, what does that make you?
    "90 days since my previous replacement" they would send me ANOTHER refurb phone.
    Sorry, we cant bend policies for absolutely everyone who pisses and moans

This is when I got pissed. VZW obviously knows this phone is a complete piece of ****.
    Yes, because obviously a multi-billion dollar company is going to put out a product JUST to pi*s you off

I was so mad that i just hung up on her. I didnt want to make an *** of myself so i just hung up.
    So you go to the net for the anonymity of it all instead?

but seriously WHAT THE ****! I just had to vent on how verizon sucks major youknowwhat.
    You talk to your momma with that mouth?
    10-30-09 05:47 PM
    Alright - I tried to be nice, but Aaron missed the obvious...

My issue with this phone is that if there is any kind of SLIGHTLY humid (i.e. MY _edit - I am a dipstick with a small vocabulary POCKET) enviroment the touch screen wigs out and this being a touchscreen phone MAKE IS KIND OF USELESS.
    Your pocket is damp? Wet your pants that much?
    10-30-09 05:50 PM
    Not every Storm has issues, not every plane crashes.... its the % of ppl that have issues and blow them up into huge issues (battery door really?) that make things seem bigger than they are.
    Very true. By the way, my battery door does move a little. I don't see the big deal about it.
    10-30-09 05:51 PM
    Oh ya I forgot, I love Verizon. I have not had any problems with them and I have have been a VZW customer since they took over Airtouch back in 1996. I had a cellphone way before then too.
    10-30-09 05:54 PM
    Alright - I tried to be nice, but Aaron missed the obvious...

Your pocket is damp? Wet your pants that much?
    lol, damn how did I miss that one?
    10-30-09 05:54 PM
    I was planning on that actually, but I wanted to ask around and get other people's experiences.
    Other people's experiences? I got the S1 on day 1. Have had ZERO problems, aside from the poor .65 and slow .75 build. .148 made it much better, and 5.0.0.328 is AMAZING. And I run plenty of apps on it. Is it perfect? No ... but neither is the Jesus phone. I had that for two weeks and returned it in favor of my 8830 (before the S1) and far better service.

It seems to me that a little dust is what got you down this road of replacement after replacement after replacement. Maybe you should've just stuck with what you had ... a working phone.

The best advice has been said - if you don't like it, unlock it, buy a phone online or new at full retail, and sell your S1 online.
    10-30-09 06:56 PM
    You should have just gone with an 8330 and enjoyed great reliable service instead of suffering with a phone you hate.

10-30-09 10:07 PM
    I never got a "pouch" to put it in. and why wouldn't i put a phone in my pocket?
    This isn't a storm specific problem by a longshot. Yeah some are worse than others, but you can find a ton of phones that end up with lint and dust underneath simply from putting it in your pocket...
    10-30-09 10:16 PM
    All I see is people rag on their Storms and Tours......but I've never had a single issue with my 8830.

Makes me wonder if it's just people ******** to be ******** or what
    10-30-09 10:22 PM
    I have talked to a lot of people that like their Sstorms and Tours. I myself like my Tour.
    10-30-09 10:24 PM
    I have to agree on the whole idea of pants pockets being the absolute worst place for phones. However, scratch the idea of them being bad for touchscreens. They're just bad for everything electronic.

You could get away with it back when cell phones were big and clunky. Lately, manufacturers have been doing everything in their power to make phones thinner and prettier, but in turn they become more and more fragile. These fragile devices just aren't compatible with anything other than a purse or shirt pocket.

You *know* which customers are doing it. They seem to have the most physical problems with their devices, not just once, but over and over again. They have no idea that they're tormenting their phones with a slow death. People have been trained to believe that if it fits in a pocket, it should go there. *shrug*

Meanwhile, some people never have trouble at all. Take me for example. The worst experience I've ever had with electronics breaking on me was my 360. And only because my freakish cats who have a stomach for anything were chewing on the wires.
    10-30-09 10:27 PM
    I have to agree on the whole idea of pants pockets being the absolute worst place for phones. However, scratch the idea of them being bad for touchscreens. They're just bad for everything electronic.

You could get away with it back when cell phones were big and clunky. Lately, manufacturers have been doing everything in their power to make phones thinner and prettier, but in turn they become more and more fragile. These fragile devices just aren't compatible with anything other than a purse or shirt pocket.

You *know* which customers are doing it. They seem to have the most physical problems with their devices, not just once, but over and over again. They have no idea that they're tormenting their phones with a slow death. People have been trained to believe that if it fits in a pocket, it should go there. *shrug*
    I agree, how many times have you seen someone post that after I put my phone in my pocket - something stopped working
    10-30-09 10:30 PM
    Bingo - you put an electronic device in your pocket & walk around. What happens? Fabric & plastic rub together. What happens when fabric rubs against fabric or plastic? You create static electricity.

You bend, fabric flexes, and what happens to the device? Torsional stress is horrible for circuit boards & electonic connections.

Then there are temperature changes, shock & moisture when you wet your pants.
    10-31-09 12:06 AM
    Bingo - you put an electronic device in your pocket & walk around. What happens? Fabric & plastic rub together. What happens when fabric rubs against fabric or plastic? You create static electricity.
    Hadn't even considered static. I was thinking more in terms of *squish*.
    10-31-09 12:28 AM
    It can end up being much the same as running a computer during an electrical storm without a UPS or at least a good surge protector.

10-31-09 02:47 AM
    I never got a "pouch" to put it in. and why wouldn't i put a phone in my pocket?
    Nevermind, just keep it in your pocket. Probably the biggest reason we see damage to phones, including the dust under the screen, but just keep it there. I wouldn't ever keep a five hundred dollar piece of equipment in my pocket, but obviously you know what you're talking about.

Starring happily down at my Storm 1 that has never been replaced and is nearly one year old.
    10-31-09 08:43 AM
    I pay $300+ a month,
    Oh yeah, here we go! And you keep a five hundred dollar piece of equipment in your pocket.
    10-31-09 08:45 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD