10-31-09 07:45 AM
44 12
tools
    This is just another **** and moan post, with the hopes fellow crackberry'ers can give me advice.

I am currently on my THIRD goddamn Storm. The first issue was the infamous dust under the screen, the second (refurb) was continuous errors for no reason. And just now I got off the phone with a super useless VZW tech support person.

My issue with this phone is that if there is any kind of SLIGHTLY humid (i.e. MY GODDAMN POCKET) enviroment the touch screen wigs out and this being a touchscreen phone MAKE IS KIND OF USELESS. So i got tired of waiting for it to "dry" and decided to call. The first call was last week and the dude just told me to wipe my device. i wanted to say "**** that, that wont help" but I was nice and told him thanks for advice and I'll try it. I since then installed the new firmware which according to the "VZW Bible of Absent Technological Knowledge" would've fixed it in a sense (since it was a wipe in a way). NO BEANS.

So I called again today hoping to get anything from verizon, anything! After talking to a very nice CSR rep she connected me to yet another tech rep. She tried a battery pull and then I told her that this is affecting my work that i can't email and that a touchscreen is being fickle and its useless. She puts me on hold and I got all excited for a NEW storm or credit for another BB or anything but since it was past "90 days since my previous replacement" they would send me ANOTHER refurb phone.

This is when I got pissed. VZW obviously knows this phone is a complete piece of ****. I mean even on their own website it is the LOWEST RATED PHONE BY THEIR ******* CUSTOMERS but yet they want to send me a 4th phone? and a 3rd refurb'ed one? what the ****!!!! so i even offered to pay a discount price for a new phone, i just don't want to blow $500 on a new phone. to no avail she gave me this piece of wisdom, "Since this is not a KNOWN problem with this phone, and you are unavailable for an upgrade, All we can do is send you another piece of **** to inconvenience you." (i freestyled that last part).

I was so mad that i just hung up on her. I didnt want to make an *** of myself so i just hung up. but seriously WHAT THE ****! I just had to vent on how verizon sucks major youknowwhat. Any advice? EBay?
    Last edited by jonnyb000; 10-30-09 at 02:49 PM.
    10-30-09 02:19 PM
    ooookay... but if you get a replacement... you can load 5.0 on it and it will work JUST like a new blackberry and I bet you would be real happy with it. If you load the new OS 5.0 on it prior to putting apps or your backup on it. No issues and it will be fast and acurate. Little piece of advice though? KEEP it out of your pocket and/or put it in its little pouch.. thats why it came with it.
    And please dont call vzw techs useless; you'll be asking for a flamefest...
    in fact...
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBBBBBLLLLLLEEEE!
    10-30-09 02:23 PM
    This is just another **** and moan post, with the hopes fellow crackberry'ers can give me advice.

I am currently on my THIRD goddamn Storm. The first issue was the infamous dust under the screen, the second (refurb) was continuous errors for no reason. And just now I got off the phone with a super useless VZW tech support person.

My issue with this phone is that if there is any kind of SLIGHTLY humid (i.e. MY GODDAMN POCKET) enviroment the touch screen wigs out and this being a touchscreen phone MAKE IS KIND OF USELESS. So i got tired of waiting for it to "dry" and decided to call. The first call was last week and the dude just told me to wipe my device. i wanted to say "**** that, that wont help" but I was nice and told him thanks for advice and I'll try it. I since then installed the new firmware which according to the "VZW Bible of Absent Technological Knowledge" would've fixed it in a sense (since it was a wipe in a way). NO BEANS.

So I called again today hoping to get anything from verizon, anything! After talking to a very nice CSR rep she connected me to yet another useless tech rep. She tried a battery pull and then I told her that this is affecting my work that i can't email and that a touchscreen is being fickle and its useless. She puts me on hold and I got all excited for a NEW storm or credit for another BB or anything but since it was past "90 days since my previous replacement" they would send me ANOTHER refurb phone.

This is when I got pissed. VZW obviously knows this phone is a complete piece of ****. I mean even on their own website it is the LOWEST RATED PHONE BY THEIR ******* CUSTOMERS but yet they want to send me a 4th phone? and a 3rd refurb'ed one? what the ****!!!! so i even offered to pay a discount price for a new phone, i just don't want to blow $500 on a new phone. to no avail she gave me this piece of wisdom, "Since this is not a KNOWN problem with this phone, and you are unavailable for an upgrade, All we can do is send you another piece of **** to inconvenience you." (i freestyled that last part).

I was so mad that i just hung up on her. I didnt want to make an *** of myself so i just hung up. but seriously WHAT THE ****! I just had to vent on how verizon sucks major youknowwhat. Any advice? EBay?
    Yeah you did a really good job of that...
    Best option? Buy a phone. If you aren't eligible for an upgrade why would they bend the rules for you? And you had 30 days to determine if the Storm was a bad phone for you... And you decided it was just fine obviously but not switching it out. You're not alone out there. Best advice if this is effecting your work would be to buy a new one. Full price. If its that bad and you need a phone that works that bad then buck up and pay up.
    10-30-09 02:25 PM
    see told you...
    10-30-09 02:28 PM
    I never got a "pouch" to put it in. and why wouldn't i put a phone in my pocket?

And my resentment for replacements is that I have had 2 so far. They "guarentee" them to be good yet I have always had trouble with them. I don't abuse my phones or anything, they just all goto ****.

apologies for "useless" comment, i just hate being told "cookie cutter" repsonses that barely make any sense and apply to nothing being discussed. are you a csr?
    10-30-09 02:29 PM
    So 30 days is enough to determine the wear and tear ability of a phone? No.

How was I an ***? hanging up was better start a pissing match yes?
    10-30-09 02:30 PM
    I think VZW is far superior than the rest of them.... Try T-Mobile.... I think Verizon is the best out there. And since 5.0 came out I think the storm is 95% flawless! IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:32 PM
    So 30 days is enough to determine the wear and tear ability of a phone? No.

How was I an ***? hanging up was better start a pissing match yes?
    Yeah bud. After 29 days you should have all of the apps you need installed and know how the phone is running with the apps. And you made yourself look like an @ss by posting this.
    10-30-09 02:33 PM
    By posting my qualms, asking advice about a mediocre product and less than mediocre Satisfaction, I am an "@$$"?? Ok "bud". Thanks for the constructive replies.
    10-30-09 02:36 PM
    why don't you sell the POS and get a better POS?
    10-30-09 02:37 PM
    I was planning on that actually, but I wanted to ask around and get other people's experiences, because I know quite a few people switched away from the storm and wanted to see if there were any options to save some $$. I don't know the nilly-willy's of how replacements work through VZW.
    10-30-09 02:40 PM
    I had the S1, before getting the S2, for nearly a year. No problems like those you've described. Of course, I keep my phone in a holster so I can actually access it quickly, as opposed to putting it in my pocket where I would have to dig. If you "rely on it for business" I'd think you'd want easier access too. Anyway, like all other things in life if you're not satisfied with a product then get something different.
    10-30-09 02:41 PM
    I had the S1, before getting the S2, for nearly a year. No problems like those you've described. Of course, I keep my phone in a holster so I can actually access it quickly, as opposed to putting it in my pocket where I would have to dig. If you "rely on it for business" I'd think you'd want easier access too. Anyway, like all other things in life if you're not satisfied with a product then get something different.
    you're lucky! How is the S2 so far? I have considered a holster but my previous phone it would get snagged on stuff and i just end up usually ripping it off my belt. I usually put it in a jacket pocket away from keys and other debris.
    10-30-09 02:46 PM
    I never got a "pouch" to put it in. and why wouldn't i put a phone in my pocket?

And my resentment for replacements is that I have had 2 so far. They "guarentee" them to be good yet I have always had trouble with them. I don't abuse my phones or anything, they just all goto ****.

apologies for "useless" comment, i just hate being told "cookie cutter" repsonses that barely make any sense and apply to nothing being discussed. are you a csr?
    I use to keep every phone I had in my pocket, I always had problems.
    I now use a holster and the problems went away. Your pocket really is the worst place to keep a phone.
    10-30-09 02:48 PM
    You know. I really wish Verizon, just for like april fools day or something, stopped steamlining the warranty process for customers. It is a CONVENIENCE for you that we have warrany exchanges in stock. Your phone is made by RIM, not Verizon, your phone is warrantied by RIM, not Verizon. You should, in theory, have to send your phone to RIM, wait 3-6 weeks for them to refurbish it, and then them mail it back to you (You have that option BTW).

What does Verizon do? We have all the phones from different manufacturers in our store so lazy people who don't want to research have a one stop shop. Then, once you get that phone, we provide FREE tech support. Oh, and if it does need to be replaced, we have warranty exchanges in hand to streamline the process and make it go much faster for the customer.

So please, get off your soapbox, and if you hate Verizon so much (for unfounded reasons) just leave.
    10-30-09 02:52 PM
    By posting my qualms, asking advice about a mediocre product and less than mediocre Satisfaction, I am an "@$$"?? Ok "bud". Thanks for the constructive replies.
    Actually you just drove off anyone wanting to REALLY help you by posting what you did from the beginning. Cursing and rambling on like you're some sort of entitled little girl does not make you look cool.

My guess is that you're not who you say you are and probably some kid that wants to look big and bad in front of everyone by hiding behind a monitor.

I talk to business owners and I talk to brats like you who have no faith in the warranty replacement process. I know the difference in tone and intellect to determine if they are genuine with their rant. If they are legit, then they may get the occasional "hook-up." You however, failed.

My advise for you? Retract your comments and start over. Ask politely next time what you should do since you keep having issues with your phone.

To reiterate what IDSweetCheeks said earlier:

TOUCH SCREEN PHONE = DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH POCKETS.

Now. Go find a life.
    10-30-09 02:52 PM
    I agree with you but i just have no options. I was unfortuanate enoughto have the xv6700, xv6800, and a samsung PPC's i forget the model number of before being a blackberry man, and i never had this issue until this replacement.

But, I just bought a brand-new Tour from amazon marketplace so I have no longer a need to ***** and whine. Does VZW still have that donation program for cell phones to goto armed service family's or something like that?
    10-30-09 02:55 PM
    I agree with you but i just have no options. I was unfortuanate enoughto have the xv6700, xv6800, and a samsung PPC's i forget the model number of before being a blackberry man, and i never had this issue until this replacement.

But, I just bought a brand-new Tour from amazon marketplace so I have no longer a need to ***** and whine. Does VZW still have that donation program for cell phones to goto armed service family's or something like that?
    You think the Storm had problems and then you go and buy a Tour?!

What happens when your trackball malfunctions like so many other Tours? You know you can't call VZW and get a replacement... tisk tisk..
    10-30-09 02:57 PM
    It's called hopeline and it's to domestic violence victims.

Feel free to mail me your phone and I'll donate it at my center here, or you can drop by most Verizon stores and drop it off.
    10-30-09 02:57 PM
    Oh geez, this sure did turn out to be a flame fest!

Ok let me apologize.

I am sorry I made all you VZW reps **** hurt by calling you useless. That was not my intention. I pay $300+ a month, I at least expect to be able to use my phone who I purchased through said retailer (VZW), to use that $300 in service. But since you were once again unable to help out the people that pay your pay wages, I just bought a new phone. Thanks for the constructive replies and a tsk tsk to the "flames." At least I got quite a few PM's from people offering their help which I am very grateful for.

Have a nice day everyone
    10-30-09 03:03 PM
    I pay $150 a month for cable and when pixels die on my TV, guess who I call? Not Cox.
    10-30-09 03:05 PM
    Jonny I was just thinking...you shouldn't be hating vzw, you should really be hating RIM for making such a POS of a phone for you to hate.
    10-30-09 03:06 PM
    Jonny I was just thinking...you shouldn't be hating vzw, you should really be hating RIM for making such a POS of a phone for you to hate.
    I think thats why RIM makes you pay for tech support so they can send all the crap down to vzw.
    10-30-09 03:13 PM
    You think the Storm had problems and then you go and buy a Tour?!

What happens when your trackball malfunctions like so many other Tours? You know you can't call VZW and get a replacement... tisk tisk..
    No problems here. I guess I got lucky and actually got a problem free Tour.
    Not every Tour has problems by the way.
    10-30-09 03:16 PM
    No problems here. I guess I got lucky and actually got a problem free Tour.
    Not every Tour has problems by the way.
    Not every Storm has issues, not every plane crashes.... its the % of ppl that have issues and blow them up into huge issues (battery door really?) that make things seem bigger than they are.
    10-30-09 03:22 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD