I can't remember the specifics and have been unable to find the thread. I thought there was a BB plan through VZW that included access to VZ Navigator. I thought maybe it was a voice plan with BB email added or something to that degree. Maybe it's not available anymore. I'm trying to match the pricepoint that I have with my current Sprint accout ($99 all inclusive) with something that I can use 5 friends or similar. The Sprint plan is great but it doesn't do me much good when I have a hard time keeping connection at my locality. I don't necessarily need unlimited talk since I only use about 500 minutes a month. Maybe one of you with VZW experience could point me in the right direction? I'm willing to spend the money on my plan if I have to (but like everyone else, I'd like to keep it). My Telenav saved me in a pinch last month when I got stuck in a rental car in a major city I was unfamiliar with, so I'm pretty set on keeping Telenav either way. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Will
    09-22-09 05:46 PM
    There is no plan for BlackBerry that include VZ Nav. It's an additional $9.99/month for the service for smart phones.

The plans that included VZ Nav are for non smart phones (Nationwide Premium Plans).

i think Sprint is always going to be cheaper than VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 05:50 PM
    Sounds like...
    900 minutes w/ 5 friends and family numbers, unlimited texting 79.99
    Email and Web 29.99
    VZ Navigator 9.99

09-22-09 05:52 PM
    Egads - 20% extra for reliable service.

Don't know if I could handle that.

09-23-09 02:26 AM
    FYI .. VZNav is free to try for 30 days right now
    09-23-09 02:51 AM
    FYI .. VZNav is free to try for 30 days right now
    Been that way for years - 30 day trial, you need to call & cancel, else you get billed.

09-23-09 03:09 AM
    I use VZNav about once every 3 months. I call to activate it and then cancel it when I am done. Each time VZW (without me asking) gives it to me for free as they credit me the free month. Not sure if it is just luck, or the system is set up that way or the reps just do it.

09-23-09 09:01 AM
    I plan on letting my dedicated turn by turn GPS devices go. It's not much more money for the service than it is to have the maps updated in the dedicated units every year (actually less if you consider I have 2 different brands). Plus the phone is always on me and I don't have to worry about packing it in a suitcase, etc. I use GPS quite a bit as I do a fair amount of traveling between work offshore (various airports), home, motorcycle touring and industrial training in major cities. It looks like I'll just have to shell out the additional monthly fee if I want it on any BB plan. One would think that their $150 mo. unlimited plan would include VZ navigator (or any plan over $100 for that matter). Oh well, hopefully the service is good since that's the most important aspect. I don't mind paying extra as long as I am getting SOMETHING for my money.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by bigwill5150; 09-23-09 at 01:23 PM.
    09-23-09 01:20 PM
    Exactly! That's why i love having GPS on my phone!

09-23-09 01:52 PM
    A little tale that has reached urban legend status: based on the number of times it has been emailed to me

A couple of weeks ago a friend told me that someone she knew had their car broken into while they were at a football match. Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans.

Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and a GPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard.

When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the house. They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house.

The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean up the house. It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents.

True or not, it is worth thinking about.

09-25-09 07:11 PM
    A little tale that has reached urban legend status: based on the number of times it has been emailed to me

A couple of weeks ago a friend told me that someone she knew had their car broken into while they were at a football match. Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans.

Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and a GPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard.

When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the house. They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house.

The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean up the house. It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents.

True or not, it is worth thinking about.

Clearly some of this is mitigated by having an appropriate security system @ home and, not leaving your GPS in your car. Which is why it's on my phone. Of course the determined thief will get what he/she wants but the security system is a deterrant to the casual thief. My neighboors had the garage door alarmed as well. A thief would be doing me a favor if they emptied the garage.
    Last edited by i7guy; 09-25-09 at 07:42 PM.
    09-25-09 07:39 PM
    Been that way for years - 30 day trial, you need to call & cancel, else you get billed.

Actually, you won't see that promotion often at all. And it needs to be canceled from the phone itself, no need to call in. That's what a VZW rep told me.

09-25-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD