I uninstalled the BB messenger a month or so ago. Now I want to reload it but can't see m to figure it out. I have the latest Desktop Manager Version 4.3.0.17 from Verizon but I don't see it there. I tried OTA, but keeps giving me an error like "sorry, your device does not meet the requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1"

My SW version on my handheld is 4.3.0.97

How can I load BB messenger? HELP please!
    08-16-08 01:24 PM
    have you tried to download it from crackberry .com ? its under downloads and tools (free software)
    08-16-08 01:29 PM
    I'll go and try it now.
    08-16-08 01:31 PM
    I'll go and try it now.
    aight cool its should be easy
    08-16-08 01:32 PM
    Yea i tried. But it takes me to mobile.blackberry.com ANd when i go thru the screens there it just shows Yahoo IM, Google talk, Windows LIVE and AIM. I am looking for BB messenger as I want to use the PIN function for messenging.

Oh and I did try to go to the Blackberry Owners Lounge, and I forgot my password so I reset it. Its sends an email to my device, but the password it sends me doesn;t let me log in to the Owners Lounge to see if the BB messenger is there.

Any ideas?
    08-16-08 01:36 PM
    ree Blackberry Messenger- 9:59amJul 18, 2005 ... Free Blackberry Messenger : Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm ()
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33...erry-messenger - 40k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    try this i found on google
    08-16-08 02:01 PM
    I tried it. But it just opens a frame within the window and just takes you to the same mobile.blackberry.com that I went to before with no luck.

HA! I'm still Googling it too. Any other ideas?
    08-16-08 02:04 PM
    hold on checking now
    08-16-08 02:12 PM
    Search results matching 'blackberry messenger'

Related searches: blackberry, msn messenger for blackberry, msn messenger blackberry, messenger for blackberry, windows live messenger for blackberry, windows live messenger blackberry, blackberry curve, messenger

Narrow your searchBy platform:
    Windows
    By license type:
    Free to try
    Free
    By category:
    Cell phone
    Remote Access
    Wireless Utilities

Downloads (9 results)Showing: 1-9 of 9 Sort by
    Name | Date added Rating
    Editors | Users Total
    downloads QuickIM mobile MSN messenger for Blackberry 2.5
    Exchange and send instant messages to other phone and PC users.

Added: 10/17/2006
    Users' rating66,126
    Total
    Last week

Download Now IM+ for BlackBerry 5.2.7
    Chat within AIM/iChat, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Jabber, Google Talk and MySpace messengers on the go.

Added: 07/02/2008
    Total
    Last week

Download Now Palringo Instant Messenger (Blackberry) 1.0
    Send text- and picture-based messages to your IM contacts through your Blackberry.

Added: 08/05/2008
    Total
    Last week

Download Now Yak On 1.10.04
    Send instant messages to BlackBerry phones.

Added: 04/24/2006
    Total
    Last week

Download Now BeejiveIM for BlackBerry 1.0.5
    Send IMs to your friends from your BlackBerry device.

Added: 08/05/2008
    Total
    Last week

Download Now
    08-16-08 02:16 PM
    i finally got into the Owners Lounge at Blackberry. Tried to download the BB messenger and still gives me the same error "sorry, your device does not meet the requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1"

I wonder if any other IM program uses the BB pin for messaging? Maybe I need to reload my cell? I don;t know....Ill keep searching....and thanks for helping out..
    08-16-08 02:22 PM
    well have you ever saved (synced) your bb to your pc ?
    if you have you might still have the bb software stored on there and you can load it from there
    and sorry im thinking of everything lol lol
    08-16-08 02:28 PM
    You said you have the latest DM from Verizon. Have you tried downloading the latest from the BlackBerry site? When I mistakenly deleted BBMessenger, I couldn't get it back on with the DM I had on my computer. I loaded the newest DM from the RIM site and when I synced it with my curve, it reappeared on my phone.
    Good Luck
    08-16-08 02:37 PM
    Yea I actually had downloaded the latest version I think its 4.5 from Blackberry. I thought maybe there was some reason the Verizon didn't support the latest 4.5, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the "official" 4.3 version from the Verizon site. Still to no avail!

Thanks for the suggestions.....still trying. There has to be a way!
    08-16-08 02:40 PM
    BlackBerry MessengerBlackBerry Messenger provides BlackBerry users with the familiar look-and-feel of desktop instant messaging programs, right on their BlackBerry smartphone.

Use BlackBerry Messenger to chat with other BlackBerry smartphone users in an easy-to-use instant messaging format. It is designed to support group-chat, provide you with the availability status of your contacts and track message delivery status.

If you already use Personal Identification Number ("PIN") messaging on your BlackBerry smartphone, you'll love how this new application expands on that functionality and makes it even easier.

Did a Friend Send You to this Page?
    If you have been directed to this page via an invitation from a friend or colleague using BlackBerry Messenger, download the application first by clicking "Download Now!" below and then accept the invitation on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Summary Information:
    Version: 1.0.94
    Released: 2005-12-06
    Attention AT&T Customers: AT&T supports BlackBerry Messenger on the BlackBerry Pearl™ smartphone, BlackBerry 8800 smartphone, and BlackBerry Curve™ smartphone, previous versions on previous devices are not supported at this time.

Important: BlackBerry Messenger is only available for Java based BlackBerry smartphones. Your BlackBerry smartphone must connect to your computer via USB in order to download BlackBerry Messenger and must have BlackBerry Device Software v3.6 or higher installed. In order to download BlackBerry Messenger over-the-air (OTA), your BlackBerry smartphone must have BlackBerry Device Software v3.7.x or higher installed and 16 MB flash memory or higher.

Resources and Documentation
    BlackBerry Messenger User Guide (PDF)
    BlackBerry Messenger IT Policy Management (PDF)
    go here and read the it policy managment (pdf) there is some stuff about if u disinstalled bb im and stuff
    08-16-08 02:46 PM
    ANd i did sych my BB to my PC. I know it worked cause I synched some of my new contacts to my yahoo account and they showed up there. Onward we go!
    08-16-08 02:47 PM
    I uninstalled the BB messenger a month or so ago. Now I want to reload it but can't see m to figure it out. I have the latest Desktop Manager Version 4.3.0.17 from Verizon but I don't see it there. I tried OTA, but keeps giving me an error like "sorry, your device does not meet the requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1"

My SW version on my handheld is 4.3.0.97

How can I load BB messenger? HELP please!
    i just sent you a request threw bb msg see if you get it
    08-16-08 03:01 PM
    Yea i get the messages. But its like an instant message, a text. its not thru BB messager and using the PIN.
    08-16-08 03:04 PM
    Yea i get the messages. But its like an instant message, a text. its not thru BB messager and using the PIN.
    try and write something and see if it comes as a im it came on my end as a im
    08-16-08 03:10 PM
    it seems to come across as a text. ANd as you can see, you can probably see my full name, as I can see yours, instead of only seeing the PIN number.
    08-16-08 03:20 PM
    it seems to come across as a text. ANd as you can see, you can probably see my full name, as I can see yours, instead of only seeing the PIN number.
    damn im sorry i thought that might help
    if you want you can check out this website that has a webim service thats FREE its WebMessenger Inc.
    and see if that may help
    08-16-08 03:32 PM
    Thanks for spending some time with me on this. Still no answer. I'm afraid of restoring my device to factory defaults as Im not sure if I would love everything, ie. my email account, PIN #, etc.

Maybe I need to call Verizon, but i hear its a hit and miss with their customer service.

Thanks again. I'll keep trying! If I find anything out, i will certainly post for any others who may have this problem. Thanks again.
    08-16-08 03:35 PM
    Thanks for spending some time with me on this. Still no answer. I'm afraid of restoring my device to factory defaults as Im not sure if I would love everything, ie. my email account, PIN #, etc.

Maybe I need to call Verizon, but i hear its a hit and miss with their customer service.

Thanks again. I'll keep trying! If I find anything out, i will certainly post for any others who may have this problem. Thanks again.
    no problem thats what we are here for ...
    and with cs all you have to do is when you have one that you dont like hang up lol lol
    also can you just sync your bb now to your p.c. and restore the bb to your defualt settings and the sync it back up and add and delete what you want and dont want
    08-16-08 03:44 PM
    OK I figured it out. And in the end, makes way to much sense. I just had to reload my OS. DUH! I went to this link here:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

It worked perfectly! Hope this helps someone out. On to solve more problems on this world!
    08-17-08 12:19 AM
    Well I'm glad to see your back up and running.I'm happy for you I was actually looking for a post I had seen aboutupgrading the os. But I'm glad to see you are ok now tho and keep my pin so if ya want we can I'm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 03:39 AM
    I deleted the BBM awhile ago...and ive been searching for the download...i went to blackberry and the crackberry downloads and its like BBM dosent exists....any help ???
    you might have to upgrade your os just as the oc2gman did and you should have no problems from there
    08-17-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD