11-12-08 05:37 PM
35 12
tools
    Are there any other maps except BB EU Maps? Looking for Greece...
    11-09-08 06:07 AM
    Still not working on mine either. Rollout please!
    11-09-08 10:11 AM
    If verizon put it IN WRITING and NUMEROUS techs and rep's have confirmed it WILL happen. What is the damn problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 07:18 PM
    That they put it in writing saying it would happen with the release of OS 4.5, and it didn't. THAT is the damn problem. Unless they back it up by actually doing what they say, all they're doing is placating customers who actually believe them and pissing off the rest of us. How hard is that to see?
    11-09-08 08:11 PM
    when VZW finally does unlock the GPS, will everyone have to update the OS again?
    11-09-08 09:42 PM
    this thread has been very helpful, i was thinking it was just my phone that was having problems finding where i am. now i know.

Thanks
    11-10-08 09:13 PM
    Ah what the heck I had time to kill so I called VZW expert support line and they indicated that BB maps GPS will work at some point but have no idea when.

I also turned off VZNav. When they asked why I said the number one reason was your need to lock the GPS out of other applications and my continuation of a $10 monthly payment just encourages you to continue the practice of device manipulation. The rep I spoke to was about speechless
    11-12-08 12:06 PM
    Ah what the heck I had time to kill so I called VZW expert support line and they indicated that BB maps GPS will work at some point but have no idea when.

I also turned off VZNav. When they asked why I said the number one reason was your need to lock the GPS out of other applications and my continuation of a $10 monthly payment just encourages you to continue the practice of device manipulation. The rep I spoke to was about speechless
    ROFL!

I should have done that when I had the 8830WE. I have the 9000 now and GPS is unlocked.

VZW needs to learn a few things from other companies.
    11-12-08 12:22 PM
    At this point have have spoken to some that BBmaps is woking as stated, Me it is not. I do not have locate me option. I have done what the others have done to get to work with no success.
    11-12-08 05:36 PM
    At this point have have spoken to some that BBmaps is woking as stated, Me it is not. I do not have locate me option. I have done what the others have done to get to work with no success.
    same here. i tried for a while and gave up.
    11-12-08 05:37 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD