I have a Curve 8330, and am curious about the Javelin. What makes it "better" than my 8330? And does anyone know when it will be out on Verizon?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 09:01 PM
    I believe the Javelin is GSM device and will not be released on VZW network at this time. The next BB for VZW will be the storm.

We need to get over that hurdle first.

From what I hear though, the Jav is the curve on steroids. More memory, higher resolution screen etc. This is hear say though
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-22-08 at 09:10 PM.
    10-22-08 09:08 PM
    I believe the Javelin is GSM device and will not be released on VZW network at this time. The next BB for VZW will be the storm.

We need to get over that hurdle first.

From what I hear though, the Jav is the curve on steroids. More memory, higher resolution screen etc. This is hear say though
    I heard something similar. Nothing else from RIM until May for VZW, again hear say...

Rest assured though, VZW won't stop with the Storm there will be something new for those of us that need keyboards!
    10-23-08 03:39 PM
    The CDMA variant of the Javelin is supposedly the Niagara. IIRC it will have a HVGA+ screen. According to one of those slides with a timeline posted on the front page about 2 weeks ago it will supposedly have WiFi (not sure if that matters to you)

edit: Here are the links since I have nothing else to do at work lol

Leaked: Even More Slides and Info... BlackBerry Apex, WiFi Niagra, Storm Positioning Details and More! | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry Niagara Returns And The All New Apex? | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by asianguy80; 10-23-08 at 06:50 PM.
    10-23-08 06:47 PM
    9330 sometime later next year.
    10-23-08 07:56 PM
    Crucial said the following over at HoFo about the Niagara:

It should be Jan or Feb.

I can now say without a shadow of a doubt that the Niagara is one really nice device. Haven't really had a chance to do too much. Yet. As I do, I'll let you guys know what I can. So far, I'm really digging this device.
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official BlackBerry Niagara Pre-release Thread
    10-23-08 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD