Is there a differance in web browsing between my LG Dare and a BB? What I mean is, will my Dare look at everything on the web that a BB can? Also if I just get the mobile web ($15) , can I goto my yahoo email account, read and answer my emails?

I went into a Verizon retailer (non-company) and the guy told me that the BB can look at much more on the net than my Dare. I trust you guys more than him.
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-03-09 at 06:20 PM.
    09-03-09 06:18 PM
    I believe both phones are capable of full html websites which means they both can view normal websites and not must the mobile sites. Example, if you go to youtube.com on certain phones it actually goes to m.youtube.com which is meant for phones that don't have full html.

But the only thing I can think that could make them a difference is being able to download java scripts or flash player. I don't even remember if BB's can download flash either, overall they will be able to view mostly the same thing give or take. If you want a full qwerty keyboard that is not on the screen BB is good for you, yeah the data plan is sometimes a deal breaker but if you love phones its definitely worth it.
    09-03-09 06:27 PM
    I had a dare with mobile web before I got my blackberry. Everything I went too worked just fine on the dare. You can go to yahoo and log into your mail if you want to I did it with Gmail.

As far as the experience I prefer browsing the web on the blackberry much better. It is faster, and the push email is very nice when your expecting emails.(I get quite a few I run a family business and rely on this) Replying to emails is also much easier on the blackberry. With Gmail replying to some emails on the dare was rough because it did not want to load the page correctly, but other than that it worked fine.
    09-03-09 06:40 PM
    Is the $15 mobile web for unlimited browsing. Or is there a cap on it?
    09-03-09 08:43 PM
    I believe it is unlimited. I used it quite often and never went over any cap.
    09-03-09 09:33 PM
    I used the LG Voyager for over a year before going with a Blackberry Curve. Most of the websites I wanted to visit I was able too with the Voyager, but I like the Curve a lot better. There are some sites the Curve has no problem loading that would load on the Voyager.
    09-03-09 09:41 PM
    I used the LG Voyager for over a year before going with a Blackberry Curve. Most of the websites I wanted to visit I was able too with the Voyager, but I like the Curve a lot better. There are some sites the Curve has no problem loading that would load on the Voyager.
    The only problem with comparing the Voyager to the Dare is that the Dare is full HTML compatible where the Voyager is not, but I still agree that there a distinct advantage to having a Blackberry of any sort.
    Last edited by brandct; 09-03-09 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Furthering my thought.
    09-03-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD