I have an old 8830 World Edition that was purchased shortly after the phone was released. I've used it back home in the UK and it works fine. However, I'd like a more advanced phone for my upcoming trip and my current 8530 won't work there.

Verizon's Global Travel program offers two blackberries - WE 8830 and the Storm. I know the Storm works great in the UK (my dad has one) but the Verizon rep told me they only send out the Storm for customers going to countries where the WE 8830 won't work. I really want a 3G phone with picture capability.

Think it will be find to say I'll be making a stop in Panama to get the Storm? Anyone tried this before? Thoughts?
    05-16-10 11:54 AM
    I have an old 8830 World Edition that was purchased shortly after the phone was released. I've used it back home in the UK and it works fine. However, I'd like a more advanced phone for my upcoming trip and my current 8530 won't work there.

Verizon's Global Travel program offers two blackberries - WE 8830 and the Storm. I know the Storm works great in the UK (my dad has one) but the Verizon rep told me they only send out the Storm for customers going to countries where the WE 8830 won't work. I really want a 3G phone with picture capability.

Think it will be find to say I'll be making a stop in Panama to get the Storm? Anyone tried this before? Thoughts?
    Lying? Yeah it will work customers do it all the time. It will work.
    05-16-10 03:14 PM
    The Tour can go internationally too.
    05-18-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD