Hey folks, I want to avoid calling CS at VZW if at all possible. I am currently running my phone on "Vibrate+Tone" both in and out of the holster. For some reason, I'm missing a ton of calls. I tried today calling from my office phone. The berry vibrates three times then says I have a missed call. When I change the profile setting to "Tone", the incomming call screen comes up, but the phone doesn't ring. I've tried using each different profile setting and of course, already tried the old battery pull.

I'm running v4.5.0.33 OS. Any suggestions?
    07-18-08 02:31 PM
    Only things I can think of is to go back into the Phone settings in your Profile, select a different ringtone, and make sure you can hear it there. Could be a deleted ringtone that it's set to use. Also double check the volume in that setting as well.
    07-18-08 03:36 PM
    07-18-08 03:39 PM
    Only things I can think of is to go back into the Phone settings in your Profile, select a different ringtone, and make sure you can hear it there. Could be a deleted ringtone that it's set to use. Also double check the volume in that setting as well.
    You know, I went into the media folder, ringtones and tried to play the ringtone. All the "Ringer_BBpro_#" ringtones get an error message that "The media being played in of an unsupported format.".

OK now what? My fav ring tone was the BBpro_1. Call me crazy but when my phone rings, I want it to actually sound like a phone!
    07-18-08 11:23 PM
    Also make sure the ringer is set to Low, Med, High, and not mute.
    07-18-08 11:58 PM
    > Also make sure the ringer is set to Low, Med, High, and not mute.

Is this independent of the profile? So, if I have the "Normal" profile selected, I might still not hear the phone ring because there is some other "Ringer" volume setting? Where do I find that setting?
    12-17-08 02:09 PM
    Select the profile you want, then scroll down to advanced under the profile still and you can edit the notification for mms, sms, phone, email, etc.
    12-17-08 02:28 PM
    When I select a profile, the profile selection window dissappears immediately. There's nothing to "scroll down to". Before selecting a profile, when I'm on the profile list, I can scroll down and select "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" and "Set Contact Alerts", but these settings all have default values, and are obviously set up to ring. I have no custom profiles.

I was able to find a solution that seems related, however:

Go to Profile Selection
    Scroll down and select "Set Ring Tones/Alerts"
    Select "Phone"
    Click "Try it" (notice there's still no sound)
    Press the physical MUTE button on the top/right of the phone. It has a glyph of a microphone with a line through it.
    Click "Try it" (notice that now it rings)

You can toggle sound on and off this way at will, with no visual clue as to what's going on.

There is no feedback on the screen when I press the MUTE button, which I probably hit by accident sometime recently. I cannot find any setting in the menus that represents the current state of this MUTE option. It seems to mute ringing regardless of your selected profile. Sounds like a bug to me, but at least there's a work-around.
    12-17-08 07:20 PM
    sorry, I mean "a glyph of a SPEAKER with a line through it"...
    12-17-08 07:21 PM
    I am having the opposite problem. My ringers work but the vibrate alert doesnt. any ideas?
    01-11-09 12:09 AM
    to the OP you stated in your post that you running 4.5.0.33. You may want to upgrade to at least the official VZW realease of 4.5.0.77
    01-11-09 08:45 AM
    My Curve 8330 doesn't ring sometimes, regardless of the profile I have it set on. The display screen lights up with all of the info but it doesn't ring. I have to do a battery pull and everything is fine for a couple days.

Its a pain in the *** since I have 6 more months before I can upgrade. Will never have another BB again
    06-09-10 09:55 PM
    FYI ,If your running 4.5.0.175 it has an issue with the sounds that has been mentioned I just cant find the thread to link it here. I had an issue with sounds on mine everytime I had 4.5.0.175 OS on my 8330,ringtones,sms,mms,email all sounds randomly stop a battery pull or soft reset was only way to fix and that fix wouldnt last long . When ever I went back to 4.5.0.138 all was good again.
    Currently I am running a leaked 5.0 OS tho
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-13-10 at 01:38 PM.
    06-13-10 01:36 PM
    FYI ,If your running 4.5.0.175 it has an issue with the sounds that has been mentioned I just cant find the thread to link it here. I had an issue with sounds on mine everytime I had 4.5.0.175 OS on my 8330,ringtones,sms,mms,email all sounds randomly stop a battery pull or soft reset was only way to fix and that fix wouldnt last long . When ever I went back to 4.5.0.138 all was good again.
    Currently I am running a leaked 5.0 OS tho
    My 8330 seems to stop ringing whenever I play any media such as music or video. A battery pull is the only thing that fixes it. v4.5.0.175
    08-07-10 09:23 PM
    Version 5 software, and new Bold 9000. Every time I play with which ringtone I want, after a few selections, I lose ringing on inbound calls. One of two things seems to fix this.
    1. Remove battery, count to 10 slowly, replace battery
    2. Security wipe of configuration.

Good luck with your problem, because this is driving me crazy too.
    09-02-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD