Hello all,
    I'm on my way to becoming an addict until I noticed the my T-mobile BB 8320 only had 1 or 2 (if Im lucky) bars in my apartment as well as my area. I called and they told me to buy a router (I don't have my IMac yet) but I felt likeI should have to, so I didn't. I sent the phones back and decided to go back to Verizon $$. Now my dilemma is:

I live in Northern NJ and Verizon has the best service where I live & work.

I work for a University where I can get a great Discount and I want to take advantage of all these things.

I just checked Best buy & they have my BB 8330 for 49.99 with a 2 year contract BUT Id have to pay the activation fee ( I won't have to if I get it through the store or the Verizon Rep here) and the other problem is that through my employer Id have to pay 100.00 for the phone.

If you have any advice or thoughts please share.

A soon to be addict ( I feel weird saying that but Im so proud!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 08:16 PM
    My first question to you is if you buy the phone through your employer, are they going to be paying the phone bill or are you?
    If you have to pay the phone bill I would just go through Best Buy, it seems to me to be the best deal, assuming the activation fee is less than $50.
    I definatly know your deilema. I had T-Mobile about 4 months ago and switched to VZW. Even though my phone bill is a little bit more I will take the VZW service over T-Mobile any day.
    Good luck on what ever option you choose. and Welcome..
    09-03-08 12:19 AM
    Well I just purchased 2 8330's last week from the VZW store for $105 each with my employer discount. Then this Sunday, I saw Best Buys Add for $50 on new contracts and $70 for qualifying upgrades. I would fall under $70 for the qualifying upgrade. I ended up going back to the VZW store and told them that Best Buy has it for cheaper. The first response was that "Sorry we do not match 3rd party pricing." So I said alright I'll return my phones since I am under the 30 day return policy. Then a manager walked up to see what was going on and override it where I can get the phone for $70 each. With my employer I get 20% off my voice plan and 20% off the blackberry data plan. Most employers only give a discount for the voice plan, I am lucky to also have it off the data. If Best Buys is under $100 with the activation, then get it from there. Then you can fax over your documents to VZW so you can get the discounted service plan. Just go to any VZW store and say that your employer gives you a discount for the service and you want the document to fax it to the Corporate VZW; I am sure they will help you out with it.
    09-03-08 12:58 AM
    Easier than a fax would be www.vzw.com/ryl but you have to enter your business email address. If you do not have 1 then do the fax.
    09-03-08 09:20 AM