I currently have a Curve 83xx and want to upgrade at the verizon store today. I really need more processing power and faster internet. I don't want a storm so I'm wondering what the difference in the Tour and the new curve? I know the camera on the tour is better but anything else?
    03-30-10 01:32 PM
    Well I went and got the Curve 2.. seems ok but I'm not just overly excited about it. Just realized it doesn't have a flash.. (sux). I was really wanting to wait till the Tour 2 came out but I really needed another phone. I looked at the differences in the Curve 2 and the Tour and there really wasn't that much considering the price difference. Just hope that the little things that I miss.. IE. Flash, keyboard lock button, etc.. don't drive me bonkers.. lol
    03-30-10 10:13 PM
    well you have 30 days to try it out. I myself wouldnt have got the Curve 2, but you really should have waited for the new Bold to come out in May on Verizon
    03-30-10 10:16 PM
    Yeah man wait for the tour or do what I did. I had a curve and then picked up a Mint tour of craigslist for like $150 which is just a little more than I sold my curve for. I'm not renewing my contract until the new 9650 comes out. That will be a sick phone with wifi and a ton of memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 11:25 AM
    You shoul give a android device a try much better device all around.

04-04-10 01:44 PM
    i think if what you are looking for is a far proccessing and faster web browser the motorola droid would have been best or the tour..
    04-04-10 05:13 PM
    Go palm pre. Between the tour and curve2 I would say that the curve2 felt somewhat cheap and light. I would go s2 or tour or wait for the t2

04-04-10 06:02 PM
    Well I went and got the Curve 2.. seems ok but I'm not just overly excited about it. Just realized it doesn't have a flash.. (sux). I was really wanting to wait till the Tour 2 came out but I really needed another phone. I looked at the differences in the Curve 2 and the Tour and there really wasn't that much considering the price difference. Just hope that the little things that I miss.. IE. Flash, keyboard lock button, etc.. don't drive me bonkers.. lol
    i too was considering switching to either the 9630 or the 8530 a month or so ago because i was getting a little tired of waiting for the 9650. i almost went with the 9630 because it is built more solid and has a higher res screen. I also thought the keyboard was better. however, i just couldn't pull the trigger on the 9630 and am going to wait for the 9650 to hopefully drop next month.

i would've went with the 9630, but the 8530 is still a decent device. if it suits your needs then it's all good
    04-04-10 09:31 PM
    Here is my question I currently have an 8330 and I have an itch for a new berry, I only have this a year so any upgrade will cost me some money but I'm will to pay it for more memory, so anyway should I waite for the new Bold or sould I get a Storm 2 now? Will the Bold be much different then a Storm 2 other than a touch screen? The large screen on the Storm 2 is kind of drawing me in, your thoughts or opinions are welcome Thanks.

04-05-10 10:57 AM
    I went from the 8330 to the S2. The main learning curve was the keyboard. I would try the S2 for 30 days and see if you like it. Don't get the Palm Pre + - I tried it - the battery life is horrible, and the keyboard is too small - but the web browsing was incredible.

What I like best about the S2 and it's screen - I can use it as a GPS in my car.

Also, the Tour screen has a much better resolution than the new curve's.

Hope that helps...
    04-05-10 11:23 AM
    Palm recently released a software update to help with batt life and the keyboard is too small for some but those with smaller fingers could work it. I have to agree with u on the s2 and the screen after I played with it I thought it would be difficult to go from a keyboard to all touch but it was a smooth transition.

04-05-10 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD